Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Autumn 2023

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
11 hours ago, Rammie said:

I thought after the rain went through , it might feel fresher. Still feels as humid as before though 😞

Cold fron still in Northern Ireland and Scotland, will go through you later today.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
8 hours ago, EMids WeatherWatcher said:

yes a great song to finish official summer with terry jacks..but justin hayward is knocking on the door with is great track for autumn..from near your neck of the woods @NEVES SCREAMER 😉👍

Great song, love the war if the world's, which this song is part of. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Northeasterly Blizzard and sub zero temperatures.

Good morning. Start of another week. Same old story , more warm unbroken September sunshine. A remarkable spell of weather in these parts. The live view is from a neighbourhood mountain that looks over the small ski resort of Radstadl towards the Dachstein.

C

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
1 hour ago, markyo said:

So i'm correct then. 4 months of above average temps. That is a fact.

Yes but it’s like a three course meal and having a good starter only for the following courses to be dreadful ie sunshine and rainfall. Overall a clearly sub-standard experience. 

• Like 1

Posted

A really amazing spell here- hard to remember a more prolonged unbroken spell of warmth/heat in these parts at any time of year.

2nd 23.6C

3rd 25.3C

4th 27.8C

5th 26.7C

6th 27.7C

7th 28.0C

8th 28.0C

9th 28.4C

10th 26.3C

We've not quite reached 30C in the spell (Thursday would have had a chance of that without the cloud cover) and not as hot as some places further south, but that is a remarkable run of consistent heat.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted

Another day of insane humidity to look forward to. Only expected to hit 23C, but with a feels like of 30C due to the persistent, oppressive humidity. 

I've said it a hundred, thousand times but that is what I hate about our warm set ups, they almost always come with this muggy, oppressive, dirty air. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal Disparity: Cold and Snowy Winters, Sunny and Warm Summers.

Well, the heatwave proper is now done and dusted. What a spell that was. Still quite humid though.

Now returned to business-as-usual with the grey blanket overhead. 😁 

One saving grace...I can sleep upstairs again now, haha.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny, dry and preferably hot. Snow is nice in the winter

GFS is trying for another burst of heat this weekend (at least in the south) and then another one into FI. We may not be done with the hot weather just yet... 😄

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot summers; frigid winters; golden fall; bright spring
45 minutes ago, carinthian said:

Good morning. Start of another week. Same old story , more warm unbroken September sunshine. A remarkable spell of weather in these parts. The live view is from a neighbourhood mountain that looks over the small ski resort of Radstadl towards the Dachstein.

C

Beautiful C, easy to imagine it gleaming white under a couple feet of snow….hopefully only a few months away.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Csa/Csb
2 hours ago, markyo said:

Thats why i disagreed, that is one of if not the highest temp recording station in the UK. I was referring to the areas outside the M25 bubble. You can take 3 to 4c off those figures

About 12-14 million people experience those kind of temps though. It's not a small portion of the population.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Northeasterly Blizzard and sub zero temperatures.
16 minutes ago, Bobd29 said:

Beautiful C, easy to imagine it gleaming white under a couple feet of snow….hopefully only a few months away.

Loving the warm sunny early Autumn weather. However, I think by  late November I start getting excited by snow prospects. Generally, I hate November darkness until the snow arrives ?

C

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Cloud is clearing nicely in west London to sunny spells and feeling very pleasant at 21°C currently 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny
2 hours ago, markyo said:

Thats why i disagreed, that is one of if not the highest temp recording station in the UK. I was referring to the areas outside the M25 bubble. You can take 3 to 4c off those figures

I was talking about my own location though, so why would I post a chart for a station somewhere far outside the M25 bubble?

But let's take somewhere else, here's Nottingham for last October. Plenty of mid to high teens in there throughout the month:

Screenshot2023-09-11at10_12_11.thumb.png.500f11127e359b4122e08161a36d23a9.png

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny
6 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

Cloud is clearing nicely in west London to sunny spells and feeling very pleasant at 21°C currently 

Yep has been a grey old morning but the cloud is breaking up nicely now with lots of sunshine. Should hopefully squeeze out a 26c or 27c today.

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, danm said:

I was talking about my own location though, so why would I post a chart for a station somewhere far outside the M25 bubble?

But let's take somewhere else, here's Nottingham for last October. Plenty of mid to high teens in there throughout the month:

Screenshot2023-09-11at10_12_11.thumb.png.500f11127e359b4122e08161a36d23a9.png

The simple fact is that’s it’s actually pretty unusual to get temps regularly below 15C I’m the first half of October across most of lowland geographical England. 

• Like 5

Posted
10 hours ago, NEVES SCREAMER said:

Yes. Think it's time for me to consider hibernation until March 1st 🙂

Got space for me in your burrow?

Posted
3 hours ago, markyo said:

So i'm correct then. 4 months of above average temps. That is a fact.

I don't care about temperatures - What about the sun? That's what makes meeee happeeee!

• Like 3

Posted
1 hour ago, In Absence of True Seasons said:

Well, the heatwave proper is now done and dusted. What a spell that was. Still quite humid though.

Now returned to business-as-usual with the grey blanket overhead. 😁 

One saving grace...I can sleep upstairs again now, haha.

Where have you been sleeping?

Sun out early here. Was cloudy but the sun came through by 9. Now some cloud has poppedu p from somewhere so sun and cloud here

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal Disparity: Cold and Snowy Winters, Sunny and Warm Summers.
4 minutes ago, *Stormforce~beka* said:

Where have you been sleeping?

Sun out early here. Was cloudy but the sun came through by 9. Now some cloud has poppedu p from somewhere so sun and cloud here

Downstairs, on the sofa! 😆

I live in a bungalow with a loft/upstairs extension. The upstairs area becomes like a sauna in any prolonged 27/28c+ weather. 

Clouds starting to clear alot here now!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
9 minutes ago, *Stormforce~beka* said:

I don't care about temperatures - What about the sun? That's what makes meeee happeeee!

22c every day means little when its fully overcast and drizzling every day 😁 (or most days, at least). 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted

Those saying the temperatures have been above average are right, scientifically. 

Those saying that the summer was poor, due to a lack of blazing sun, are right objectively. 

Haven't we already had this debate ad nauseum? 

The world is warming, and temps are almost always above average on the mean - but that doesnt mean people experienced the sunny type of summer weather they wanted/mentally associate with a good summer - but it would be scientifically wrong to say this was a below average summer temperature wise regardless of how it felt to you/your preference. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
8 minutes ago, legion_quest said:

Those saying the temperatures have been above average are right, scientifically. 

Those saying that the summer was poor, due to a lack of blazing sun, are right objectively. 

Haven't we already had this debate ad nauseum? 

The world is warming, and temps are almost always above average on the mean - but that doesnt mean people experienced the sunny type of summer weather they wanted/mentally associate with a good summer - but it would be scientifically wrong to say this was a below average summer temperature wise regardless of how it felt to you/your preference. 

It wasn’t a below average summer based on temperature alone. Of course, it’s not particularly scientific to exclude all other statistics and data, such as sunshine totals, rainfall, wind speeds, etc. All of which are just as important but somehow seem to get non-scientifically missed out/ignored by some?

• Like 3

Posted
43 minutes ago, In Absence of True Seasons said:

22c every day means little when its fully overcast and drizzling every day 😁 (or most days, at least). 

Very true. It might be warm-ish but grey skies and drizzle aren’t particularly usable or pleasant