Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Autumn 2023

Posted
2 minutes ago, Weather Enthusiast91 said:

My mother would be one of them if she was on here. She detests cold and snow with a vengeance. If she was in control of the weather, it would be hot and sunny every day all year round and would only rain at night. 😁

I am in solidarity with your mom ✌

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
24 minutes ago, NEVES SCREAMER said:

I know. But there are those of us who are mild lovers in winter 🙂

Cold doesn’t bother me too much, as long as we get lots of sunshine and some interesting weather. It always makes me chuckle when everyone that seems to love 12°C and damp, grey Atlantic grot in summer suddenly find the same conditions a disaster in winter. Think you’ll need a thick skin posting on here over the next 7 months 😂 

• Like 3

Posted
1 minute ago, stainesbloke said:

Cold doesn’t bother me too much, as long as we get lots of sunshine and some interesting weather. It always makes me chuckle when everyone that seems to love 12°C and damp, grey Atlantic grot in summer suddenly find the same conditions a disaster in winter. Think you’ll need a thick skin posting on here over the next 7 months 😂 

I find 12c grey and damp a godsend in mid winter ! But I can see where you are coming from. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it
7 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

Doesn't make sense that mate, its a different season. First it hasn't been 12c this Summer, not great for those liking summer but not 12c. But surly if anybody doesn't like the heat in summer they will welcome cooler temps right? Its summer. But those temps in the season they prefer are not what they are looking for. Just the same for saying 12c in winter is great but 12c in the Summer is grot and horrible. Why the chuckle? Its exactly the same.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal (but not excessive heat); love cold winters!
15 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

That'll be me, @stainesbloke! ha ha.  Just as there's those who want extensive heat in the summer, I want extensive cold in the winter. Perhaps neither preferences are especially realistic...?! Much as I love snow (and I really do!), the temperatures are the thing for me...the colder the better. Of course, lovely winter sunshine often accompanies the coldest days! Cold and grey not as appealing as cold and sunny, but I'll take the cold anyway... 🙂 

Edited by SollyOlly
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: BWh
29 minutes ago, Weather Enthusiast91 said:

My mother would be one of them if she was on here. She detests cold and snow with a vengeance. If she was in control of the weather, it would be hot and sunny every day all year round and would only rain at night. 😁

We would get along very well. The immense dread I'm feeling every day wondering how to cope with the next six months is bordering on making me ill.

• Like 3

Posted
3 minutes ago, razorgrain said:

We would get along very well. The immense dread I'm feeling every day wondering how to cope with the next six months is bordering on making me ill.

Well thats the exact feeling i get every April.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Most people are snow haters, certainly hate winter, I feel in the minority loving snow, nearly everyone prefers mild in winter and wet, and prefer summer to winter

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
5 minutes ago, SollyOlly said:

That'll be me, @stainesbloke! ha ha.  Just as there's those who want extensive heat in the summer, I want extensive cold in the winter. Perhaps neither preferences are especially realistic...?! Much as I love snow (and I really do!), the temperatures are the thing for me...the colder the better. Of course, lovely winter sunshine often accompanies the coldest days! Cold and grey not as appealing as cold and sunny, but I'll take the cold anyway... 🙂 

I’m glad you didn’t take my comment too seriously (unlike some 😂), just an attempt at humour. I totally get what you’re saying, it’s unfortunately unrealistic to expect major extremes for any length of time, especially more recently in winter. I hope you get some exciting and enjoyable weather this coming autumn and winter. It sounds like we both like the cold, sunny days so bring them on, please 😊

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny
47 minutes ago, plymsunshine said:

Seeing a lot of people posting the mid-high twenties on here today while this is the worst day I have seen so far this month. Glad to be moving to London tomorrow where the weather is generally much better!

You’re missing the amazing weather we’ve had over the last couple of weeks by one day! Sod’s Law…

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny, dry and preferably hot. Snow is nice in the winter
1 minute ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

Most people are snow haters, certainly hate winter, I feel in the minority loving snow, nearly everyone prefers mild in winter and wet, and prefer summer to winter

I think this is mostly right except the snow haters bit. Most people I know prefer summer but when winter comes snow makes it a lot more enjoyable for them. Obviously with older people I can understand why they might not enjoy it so much!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny
3 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

I’d wager more people like the snow than they do wind and rain. 

• Like 6

Posted
11 minutes ago, razorgrain said:

With you there chap. When the clocks go back in October it is like a sense of doom . The dark. The cold. Awful.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny, dry and preferably hot. Snow is nice in the winter
Just now, danm said:

You’re missing the amazing weather we’ve had over the last couple of weeks by one day! Sod’s Law…

Sod's Law has really been going for me this year, the weather turned nice as soon as I started my exams in late May and soured at the end of June just as I finished them.

I will say though, we had a good 10 day run here too. Breaking the September heat record for Plymouth just as I leave was a nice parting gift I guess!

• Like 2

Posted
1 minute ago, plymsunshine said:

I think this is mostly right except the snow haters bit. Most people I know prefer summer but when winter comes snow makes it a lot more enjoyable for them. Obviously with older people I can understand why they might not enjoy it so much!

Yes, when snow turns to ice it basically makes most elderly people housebound, plus struggle with keeping warm/staying alive. Always someone affected by more extreme weather

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: BWh
8 minutes ago, markyo said:

Well thats the exact feeling i get every April.

I guess that's relatable. Even if winter was consistently mild to warm, it's just different at that time of year. I guess the short days and low levels of sunlight doesn't help.

Posted
2 hours ago, TwisterGirl81 said:

Let’s go, must have a patio and a garden 🙂en-suite bedrooms and a sunroof in my bedroom, French doors  with an out side balcony and a wrap around porch with a swinging chair, white picket fence with a smallish fruit orchard attached, vegetable garden and a separate garden for flowers etc and right on the ends of the suburbs l….we can dream..though I have a nice garden and patio already and I’m finally getting an allotment, viewing it in October 

In fairness I do like it where I am but more so on sunny warm days 🙂 the sun and proper warmth is so close 😏

Sold!!! Can I bring my chickens?! ...

Could contain:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, sun and thunderstorms in summer. Cold sunny days and snow in winter
7 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

In real life, I find that most people do seem to hate the cold, but make an exception for snow particularly around Christmas. Most people also tend to favour summer over winter.

On here though, I would estimate that around 70% of people enjoy cold and snow in the winter. And favouring summer or winter is around 50/50.

Edited by Weather Enthusiast91
  • Like 1

Posted
Just now, NEVES SCREAMER said:

With you there chap. When the clocks go back in October it is like a sense of doom . The dark. The cold. Awful.

Yeah I agree. The dread for winter begins to creep in around now. The darkness and the constant nagging feeling of the cold on my face. Once we're there at least there's less dark months to go and by late January I'm already looking forward to spring so my mood is a lot better!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
15 minutes ago, markyo said:

Doesn't make sense that mate, it’s a different season. First it hasn't been 12c this Summer, not great for those liking summer but not 12c. But surly if anybody doesn't like the heat in summer they will welcome cooler temps right? Its summer. But those temps in the season they prefer are not what they are looking for. Just the same for saying 12c in winter is great but 12c in the Summer is grot and horrible. Why the chuckle? It’s exactly the same.

Makes sense to me 😊 Anyway, hope all’s well with you

• Like 1

Posted
8 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

Makes sense to me 😊 Anyway, hope all’s well with you

It is mate, thanking the powers that be the temps have dropped, they were wearing this old man out rapidly..Hope the coming Winter isn't to bad for yourself, i know how its not your favourite time of year shall we say!

Edited by markyo
  • Like 1