Cold?
IGNORED

Adding 'disagree' to the reactions choices

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Columus Bigus Convectivus

@Paul .. Are you somebody?😁

Edited by Arnie Pie

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, sun and thunderstorms in summer. Cold sunny days and snow in winter
1 hour ago, mushymanrob said:

NO!

It is used on facebook to ridicule someone.... try to produce facts to a flat earther and their response will be a laughing emoji...

As well as telling you to wake up and calling you a sheeple. 😅

• Like 3

Posted
4 hours ago, ANYWEATHER said:

Personally, adding the question mark really confuses things , for a start when I see a question mark it really is just that, whilst a thumbs down does in my mind does say I disagree with you or even dislike. The question mark is really like someone asking me to explain  my reasoning in a post I've made! Anyway that's my personal thoughts on it!☺

Yes I will feel like I need to come back to it too. lol

4 hours ago, Snowycat said:

I would love to see a laughing symbol and have done for a while, I do feel it would give positive vibes.  Some of the posts are really so funny at times.  

I like this!

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, Northwest NI said:

If it’s not broke don’t fix it

That phrase is a pet hate of mine! Of course making change for change's sake is one thing, but to progress, you need to change sometimes - regardless of whether something is broken. But anyway, it's common for people not to like change and eventually to come round to it once the shock has died down. It's also common for changes to need reverting or tweaking beyond a test stage, which is where we're at now. So, we'll see where we end up in that respect. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Insightful 1

Posted

Well I guess the Q works better than a thumbs down. But can we please have our who liked our post back? Pwetty pleeeeeeeeeeeeease!

• Like 3

Posted
2 minutes ago, *Stormforce~beka* said:

Well I guess the Q works better than a thumbs down. But can we please have our who liked our post back? Pwetty pleeeeeeeeeeeeease!

We're looking into doing that at the moment, since the ? is definitely a lot less of a negative thing. So hopefully we may test that bringing them back soon.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, snow, warmth, and thunder.
2 hours ago, Northwest NI said:

This is where I’m at. I don’t like any of the changes. If it’s not broke don’t fix it - seems to be one of the hardest concepts to follow in the modern age.

So we shouldn't attempt to make things look better or improve them because "it's not broke"? Going by this logic, the site would still look like this:

Screenshot_20230719_141336_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.5534a70fb74898473e55cf7b5c0f98a2.jpg

Edited by Snowshine
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Something good in all four seasons

I wondered if these would work and cover reactions ..
I just knocked them up in 'Gimp'
Disagree,    Agree/Like,    A Sympathy, support one,   TY for Thank You and
the Lightbulb for the Insightful.

Could contain:

• Thanks 1
  • Insightful 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The most likely outcome. The MJO is only half the story!

I have quickly seen all I needed to see with this new ? symbol.

That is not intended in any smug way. Seeking change is a good thing - but superficial emoticon change of this kind appeals only to those who seek to divide, show no appetite to learn themselves & yet are first to criticise & discredit. And also will be, and indeed are, the first to react when the truth of this is pointed out.

It might be intended well, but it panders to the wrong people. Abuse is the outcome.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storm, drizzle

If people disagree with your post, reacting disagree with it won't actually make anyone understand why they disagree with your post. i also think it'll be used in a more," I don't like what you're telling me even if it's true" reaction.

Edited by Eagle Eye
  • Like 4

Posted

We've reset the system, any disagree reactions that were given while it was anonymous have been removed, and it's now back to being transparent again. 

• Thanks 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, thunderstorms, warmth, sun any time!

Will the leader board be back?

I think it's nice to see the best posts of the day or week without having to scroll through pages of say the convective or model thread to find them. 

• Like 2

Posted
7 minutes ago, Metwatch said:

I think it's nice to see the best posts of the day or week without having to scroll through pages of say the convective or model thread to find them. 

Yes, sorry I removed it briefly to test something and forgot to put it back in. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Something good in all four seasons
24 minutes ago, Paul said:

We've reset the system, any disagree reactions that were given while it was anonymous have been removed, and it's now back to being transparent again. 

Fair enough. I wasn't at all sure a negative reaction would be a benefit.
I still feel a heart emoticon would be nice as sometimes a 'like' isn't appropriate.
(Though it comes up as a heart shape)
I can just reply underneath with a better response I know.

🙂

Edited by Beverley Lass
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted

Just for clarity, we're still testing the disagree reaction currently, so it's there as an option. But it's back to being transparent in terms of who's given the reactions again 🙂 

In terms of a heart or other positive option, we do have three in there already. It would feel like overkill, I think, to add more.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes
44 minutes ago, Paul said:

Just for clarity, we're still testing the disagree reaction currently, so it's there as an option. But it's back to being transparent in terms of who's given the reactions again 🙂 

In terms of a heart or other positive option, we do have three in there already. It would feel like overkill, I think, to add more.

Much better with the transparency back IMO 👍 I also like the question mark reaction.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Proper winter/Proper summer
1 hour ago, Metwatch said:

What is this leaderboard you speak of?

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: windy
1 hour ago, Paul said:

I feel like if people can see who posted the disagree reaction there are likely to be a lot of posts along the lines of 'why do you not agree with me @random poster'. It's more likely to interrupt threads with petty arguments and would be better hidden for me.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Just take whatever is offered.
2 hours ago, Paul said:

Think a neutral option would be the best so our reps wouldn't be affected.  Think this disagree option is creating anarchy.  

Posted

I can't believe this has even warranted a thread.  In the grand scheme of things, what do likes and dislikes matter?

Take a step back and appreciate the real things you have in life.  Who cares if someone likes your post?  Is it a matter of life and death?  No, I thought not 🙄

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and 15-25c
1 minute ago, snow raven said:

I can't believe this has even warranted a thread.  In the grand scheme of things, what do likes and dislikes matter?

Take a step back and appreciate the real things you have in life.  Who cares if someone likes your post?  Is it a matter of life and death?  No, I thought not 🙄

Exactly.. we are all too fragile these days..who gives a sheet what other people think ..life is too short 

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, thunderstorms, warmth, sun any time!
1 hour ago, Northwest NI said:

What is this leaderboard you speak of?

If you go on the tab thing in the corner, then click others, leader board should pop up shows best posts of the day which can be informative if they are from say the convective or model thread, can then switch to best posts of the month / year as well.

• Thanks 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, cheeky_monkey said:

Exactly.. we are all too fragile these days..who gives a sheet what other people think ..life is too short 

We must be of the pre Internet generation CM 😂

Posted
16 hours ago, Paul said:

Very bad idea IMO, by all means show the names of those who have liked a post in some way, but showing the names of those who have disagreed is going to cause some bad feelings. Compare and contrast to other boards, Reddit for example, where All likes and dislikes are 100% anonymous.

Also remember that since the dislike feature was introduced some will have clicked on dislike when the names were anonymous, assuming it would stay that way. Now all of a sudden their anonymous votes are visible for all to see. To take it to an extreme, it's a bit like anonymously voting for a political party and later on the names of the anonymous voters are revealed.

Edited by Buzz
  • Like 1