Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Adding 'disagree' to the reactions choices

Posted

Well, so far that hasn't been the case - Reddit is a different beast, so I'd personally not compare this community to that. So far, since making it transparent the usage of the disagree option has fallen & the fact the disagree isn't a thumbs down, dislike type thing any longer is also a factor in what we hope will keep it from being seen a negative response. Not everyone has to agree with one another all the time, a transparent and friendly 'I disagree' doesn't have to be used or taken in a personal way. 

We'll obviously see how it goes, and are still in a testing phase with no final decisions taken and lots of options still on the table to try. 

• Like 1

Posted
Just now, Paul said:

a transparent and friendly 'I disagree' doesn't have to be used or taken in a personal way. 

Given the often heated emotions on this forum, you can bet that it will be ...........

Posted

Well we have forum guidelines everyone has to stick to, so if people overstep those, regardless of the reason, we'll step in and deal with it. 

• Thanks 1
  • Insightful 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny
13 hours ago, snow raven said:

I can't believe this has even warranted a thread.  In the grand scheme of things, what do likes and dislikes matter?

Take a step back and appreciate the real things you have in life.  Who cares if someone likes your post?  Is it a matter of life and death?  No, I thought not 🙄

13 hours ago, cheeky_monkey said:

Exactly.. we are all too fragile these days..who gives a sheet what other people think ..life is too short 

Totally agree. Are people so fragile they can't hack a disagree emoji against one of their posts? 

Yes, it's also a good thing if people back up their disagreement with a well reasoned response, but it's hardly abuse. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Just take whatever is offered.
36 minutes ago, Paul said:

Well, so far that hasn't been the case - Reddit is a different beast, so I'd personally not compare this community to that. So far, since making it transparent the usage of the disagree option has fallen & the fact the disagree isn't a thumbs down, dislike type thing any longer is also a factor in what we hope will keep it from being seen a negative response. Not everyone has to agree with one another all the time, a transparent and friendly 'I disagree' doesn't have to be used or taken in a personal way. 

We'll obviously see how it goes, and are still in a testing phase with no final decisions taken and lots of options still on the table to try. 

The neutral button I think would be better as I suggested last night, that way you give indifference to a poster and your reps are unaffected.   

Posted
9 hours ago, Buzz said:

Also remember that since the dislike feature was introduced some will have clicked on dislike when the names were anonymous, assuming it would stay that way. Now all of a sudden their anonymous votes are visible for all to see. To take it to an extreme, it's a bit like anonymously voting for a political party and later on the names of the anonymous voters are revealed.

Actually, no this isn't the case. We deliberately reset the system to ensure this didn't happen. Any 'disagrees' given before we reset it were removed. 

Posted

Never really been keen on the dislike/disagree button as it can be used for petty/spiteful reasons.

Having said the like button can be used for spiteful reasons such as liking  everyone’s post in a thread but deliberately missing out someone.

• Like 2