Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The poor summer haters club

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Clear blue skies!
4 hours ago, The PIT said:

I think the topic should be endless grey or clag haters club as clouds can be beautiful at times.

Yes that is true, especially Cirrus clouds and all the cool shapes they come in! Nothing good about the grey clag though lol.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
11 hours ago, The PIT said:

I think the topic should be endless grey or clag haters club as clouds can be beautiful at times.

True, there is a lot of beauty in many types of cloud. Shame the UK doesn’t get those types of cloud much, or they’re obscured by either by soul-destroying clag or the other regular culprit - the dreaded infill. 

• Like 1

Posted
2 hours ago, stainesbloke said:

True, there is a lot of beauty in many types of cloud. Shame the UK doesn’t get those types of cloud much, or they’re obscured by either by soul-destroying clag or the other regular culprit - the dreaded infill. 

Infill is the absolute worst because sometimes you don't even see it coming! One minute it could be clear skies, then a few normal looking puffy clouds and then bam- goodbye sunshine! Arguably worse than the clag because at least that is predictable on the satellite haha.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
On 09/06/2023 at 08:03, In Absence of True Seasons said:

Slight return to the clag this morning in the SE but burning off quickly, thankfully. 

That sun is just too strong now! Begone clag! 

Does Putin have a clag-making machine reserved for the UK

• Like 1

Posted

Been a mostly beautiful day today but despite having a south-westerly flow, we have a massive dark grey cloud smothering us from the North! Why is this junk hitting us from the wrong direction!!!?

Posted

Lots of sunshine forecast today but in reality, the sky is a really dirty looking mess of grey and the satellite cloud cover looks equally horrific so no idea where these sunny spells are meant to come from!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
5 hours ago, SunSean said:

Lots of sunshine forecast today but in reality, the sky is a really dirty looking mess of grey and the satellite cloud cover looks equally horrific so no idea where these sunny spells are meant to come from!

It’s a lot better since late morning here, now decent sunny spells and 26°C. Phew 👍🏻

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All weather

Crap here been crap all day and will probably be crap later too 😊

Posted
31 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

It’s a lot better since late morning here, now decent sunny spells and 26°C. Phew 👍🏻

Yeah much better the last few hours thankfully. Tomorrow looks a weird one- could be mainly sunny all day or cloudy all day. They are changing Saturdays forecast every hour! Lol.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, thunderstorms, warmth, sun any time!
On 21/06/2023 at 18:15, The PIT said:

The low cloud / stratus cloud haters club.👌

• Like 1

Posted

Well the foul clag is back, but this time from the Atlantic. Hopefully it’ll break up allowing warm sunshine ☀️ 

Edited by stainesbloke

Posted
22 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

Well the foul clag is back, but this time from the Atlantic. Hopefully it’ll break up allowing warm sunshine ☀️ 

Yeah, looked like it would burn off pretty quickly on the satellite but its even started to reach my back garden now and heading towards Southend! Hoping for a quicker breakdown within the next hour.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

It’s seems like the thickest section of the cloud is on the leading edge. There are holes and breaks further within and the sun is trying to come out in Duxford (I can see the clear slot to the south east clearly still).

• Like 1

Posted

Cloud started burning away and now it's re-bubbling again! Leave it off!

• Like 1

Posted
12 minutes ago, SunSean said:

Cloud started burning away and now it's re-bubbling again! Leave it off!

Yes, the vile clag isn’t dispersing as quickly as hoped. It’s still warm though (26°C here) so not unforgivable but I’d rather be in France - not a cloud!

Could contain:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Like: heat, sun, thunderstorms. Dislike: cold, overcast, wind chill

Horrid infilled cumulus here in London. Typical, uninspiring Atlantic airmass conditions. Looking at satellite images, the way the sheets of what is essentially broken, lumpy stratus pile in from the west. I am missing the unbroken sunshine of April, May and early-mid June. I truly hope that the forecasts of barely making the 20s and mostly cloudy/overcast do not come to fruition, it's bad enough now with the clouds, even with the lovely mid 20s warmth.

• Like 2

Posted
23 minutes ago, bluedomesky said:

Horrid infilled cumulus here in London. Typical, uninspiring Atlantic airmass conditions. Looking at satellite images, the way the sheets of what is essentially broken, lumpy stratus pile in from the west. I am missing the unbroken sunshine of April, May and early-mid June. I truly hope that the forecasts of barely making the 20s and mostly cloudy/overcast do not come to fruition, it's bad enough now with the clouds, even with the lovely mid 20s warmth.

Yes, thankfully it’s warm which offsets the horrid infill somewhat. Warm fronts are nearby so not unexpected 

• Like 1

Posted

This infill is probably the worst I've seen all year. Breaks between the cloud packs last around 30 seconds and then it's another 5-30 minute interval of sun blockage 🤮 we're gonna see relentless grey skies from Monday onwards so let us have today and tomorrow at least for sunshine!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Like: heat, sun, thunderstorms. Dislike: cold, overcast, wind chill

Now this is what I like to wake up to! I will the make the most of it before that ominous looking front sends us back into low 20s and claggy infill by day.

Could contain:

Could contain:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted

Back to clagfest! Yesterday was interesting with some late-onset clag as the front approached and then increased once the front had passed, also there was noticeable streak of Canadian wildfire smoke across the sky at one point. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal Disparity: Cold and Snowy Winters, Sunny and Warm Summers.

Have been rather absent from the forum for a little bit due to life stuff, and, well the weather mostly being very much to my liking! Hope everyone is doing well.

Today is shifting back to the claginess however and the next few days forecast in London/Essex look....ewww. 

Then rain, cloud and a bit of sunny spells for the first week of July. Lovely.

• Like 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, In Absence of True Seasons said:

Have been rather absent from the forum for a little bit due to life stuff, and, well the weather mostly being very much to my liking! Hope everyone is doing well.

Today is shifting back to the claginess however and the next few days forecast in London/Essex look....ewww. 

Then rain, cloud and a bit of sunny spells for the first week of July. Lovely.

Yeah forecast looks ghastly in terms of sunshine. Hopefully it won't be another March 2023 whole month ruined situation though! Most model runs and long range anomalies lately have been predicting rubbish but luckily weather forecasting technology is extremely unreliable so hoping for a stunning 2nd half of July at least if this 1st half does turn out junk.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal Disparity: Cold and Snowy Winters, Sunny and Warm Summers.
7 hours ago, SunSean said:

Yeah forecast looks ghastly in terms of sunshine. Hopefully it won't be another March 2023 whole month ruined situation though! Most model runs and long range anomalies lately have been predicting rubbish but luckily weather forecasting technology is extremely unreliable so hoping for a stunning 2nd half of July at least if this 1st half does turn out junk.

Yes I don't particularly trust the forecasts anything more than a day or 2 out. Even then it's unreliable with the cloud. 

My forecast for Cornwall the other week for example had "fog" for multiple days but all it was was a slight morning haze that burnt off by 8am. 

Edited by In Absence of True Seasons