Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The poor summer haters club

Posted
18 hours ago, BlueDomeSky said:

Yes, it is crap today, solid grey ceiling and cool-feeling.

Hopefully there will be some of that warm sunshine in September!

You speak my language. This weather is utter dung for late august lol.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal Disparity: Cold and Snowy Winters, Sunny and Warm Summers.
51 minutes ago, Sunny76 said:

Can we stop wheeling out that old chestnut. Yes, it was a sunny warm June, but it wasn’t for large areas of eastern England, and didn’t really get going until the 8th.

Yes, it was a lovely month, but the poor weather of 6/7 weeks that followed really brought down the summer in my opinion. 

June feels like a distant memory, after all the grey cloudy muck of July and first half of August. Recent week or two has been a bit better with warm sunny days, but it’s still not enough to save what has been a dreadful period of high summer weather.

Off the back of a very poor spring for anyone away from western areas too. 

50 minutes ago, Sunny76 said:

I have a co worker who complained it was too hot last week, during our mini hot snap of 25-27c.

I told him to do one lol.

He should join the forum and go to the heat hater's club! Although many in there have a threshold of anything above 20c being too hot.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything non-disruptive, and some variety
2 hours ago, In Absence of True Seasons said:

Off the back of a very poor spring for anyone away from western areas too. 

He should join the forum and go to the heat hater's club! Although many in there have a threshold of anything above 20c being too hot.

I find 27C too warm. My house heats up quickly and doesn't cool down much at night so leads to sleep disruption and daytime fatigue.

Posted
29 minutes ago, al78 said:

I find 27C too warm. My house heats up quickly and doesn't cool down much at night so leads to sleep disruption and daytime fatigue.

25-27c is acceptable for a daytime summer high.  For me, this is where summer 23 was lacking. Most days stuck in the 20-22c bracket, so while warm at times when the sun did shine, it wasn’t warm enough to enjoy the nice summery evenings, while sitting outside in the garden or dining Al fresco.

Low 20s doesn’t cut it for me, but the flip side is a better nights sleep. 27c however, is the sweet spot for just being hot enough, where as 30c is where it starts to become too hot(although I can still handle it), and 22-23c isn’t warm enough. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
37 minutes ago, al78 said:

Do you have your windows open at night? 
I recommend living in a bungalow, it’s so much cooler

Posted
26 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

Do you have your windows open at night? 
I recommend living in a bungalow, it’s so much cooler

No because of outside noise. One neighbour has a reverse alarm on his car so have to deal with BONG BONG BONG BONG BONG late in the evening and at 7am some mornings, plus other people's screechy sprogs first thing in the morning. I open the windows in the evening and close them before going to bed but that only cools the house to 24C which is still too warm for comfort when trying to sleep.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
3 minutes ago, al78 said:

No because of outside noise. One neighbour has a reverse alarm on his car so have to deal with BONG BONG BONG BONG BONG late in the evening and at 7am some mornings, plus other people's screechy sprogs first thing in the morning. I open the windows in the evening and close them before going to bed but that only cools the house to 24C which is still too warm for comfort when trying to sleep.

Noise is such a nightmare, that’s difficult to deal with. Have you tried sleeping with a white noise machine or with noise-cancelling earbuds? I use the latter and can’t hear anything with open windows 

Posted
1 hour ago, stainesbloke said:

Noise is such a nightmare, that’s difficult to deal with. Have you tried sleeping with a white noise machine or with noise-cancelling earbuds? I use the latter and can’t hear anything with open windows 

The problem with ear plugs is they are only a temporary fix. They do work but at the expense of ear pain with long term use.

Posted
10 minutes ago, al78 said:

The problem with ear plugs is they are only a temporary fix. They do work but at the expense of ear pain with long term use.

I use a set of Sony earbud type headphones, only cost £10 and they cut out most noise. I wear them every night. Sounds like you’ll have to get an air con unit for your bedroom for hot spells?

18 hours ago, davehsug said:

I respectfully disagree. July and August have been so poor that June is but a distant, hazy memory. I don't believe that I have experienced a duller and colder summer period than the last 2 months. Just about every morning has been cloudy and usually wet and the days have rarely improved. It's the relentless cloud and coolness that has been the most remarkable feature since the backend of June.

The worst combined July and August that I can remember is 2011.  That was just awful.  Maybe it was better where you live though.

Edited by Greyhound81

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Like: heat, sun, thunderstorms. Dislike: cold, overcast, wind chill

15c as a forecast high today…

• Like 2

Posted
5 hours ago, BlueDomeSky said:

15c as a forecast high today…

Next week will more than make up for 15C today!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Wind, Sunny, Warm, Thunderstorms, Snow
22 minutes ago, *Stormforce~beka* said:

stained glass window me. 14c outside that's November weather!

It's apparently 21c here in Exeter but was probably cooler when the rain was coming through.....One more day and some warmth and sun will be here 🙂Gutted I'm out of the country next week so really hoping the sunny warm weather sticks around for a few weeks

Edited by TwisterGirl81
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, mild/warm summers and varied shoulder seasons

Given forecasts and modelling September may very well be warmer than July this year. And before anyone slaps me with b-u-t-t-t-t- the CET said July was average that was down to cloud keeping lows higher. A Sept of 21/12 will feel a fair bit warmer than a July of 19/14 even though technically both are the same CET. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny!

Heat lovers, could this finally be it?  After weeks of crud, a spell of mid to high twenties and sunshine is going to feel absolutely divine.  Even better if we reach 30C+

• Like 4