Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The poor summer haters club

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
44 minutes ago, davehsug said:

Back home in cloudy Stoke. 15c at midday. Deep joy.

Awful 😞 

Last hot day here in Czechia, currently a sunny but steamy 31°C with a severe thunderstorm warning. Fingers crossed. Then a few crap days next week with ‘highs’ of 17°C 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal Disparity: Cold and Snowy Winters, Sunny and Warm Summers.
9 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

Awful 😞 

Last hot day here in Czechia, currently a sunny but steamy 31°C with a severe thunderstorm warning. Fingers crossed. Then a few crap days next week with ‘highs’ of 17°C 

That's impending in the area I'm staying at in Slovenia as well! Tomorrow and Saturday looking decent, sun and cloud in the high 20s...then from Monday it's looking dire. However, I'm coming back on Monday so... 😎

• Like 1

Posted

Yet another perfectly decent day in London. 21c with good sunny spells. Despite the met office saying there was going to be heavy showers and mostly cloudy. 

If any of us were so rubbish at our jobs we'd be out on our ear. 😔

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
1 minute ago, In Absence of True Seasons said:

That's impending in the area I'm staying at in Slovenia as well! Tomorrow and Saturday looking decent, sun and cloud in the high 20s...then from Monday it's looking dire. However, I'm coming back on Monday so... 😎

Nice! Hopefully will see some humdingers 😂 Love a good storm. Hope you’re having a great time in Slovenia, your pics were great 👍🏻 

I’m going to be in London for a couple of days later next week where it doesn’t look too bad, to be fair

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal Disparity: Cold and Snowy Winters, Sunny and Warm Summers.
1 minute ago, stainesbloke said:

Nice! Hopefully will see some humdingers 😂 Love a good storm. Hope you’re having a great time in Slovenia, your pics were great 👍🏻 

I’m going to be in London for a couple of days later next week where it doesn’t look too bad, to be fair

Again, the actual weather turning out to be better than the forecast... 

Really beautiful country, annoyed I didn't visit sooner tbh. I tend to stick to Italy and Austria for hiking but Slovenia is underrated for sure. I'm at lake Bohinj and it's stunning. Lovely temperature in the lake water for swimming too (unlike if you visited Windermere right now 😂)

31c atm so had to consume a beer to cope with the extreme conditions (it is hot, I won't lie 🥵)

Could contain:

• Like 1

Posted
17 hours ago, In Absence of True Seasons said:

Again, the actual weather turning out to be better than the forecast... 

Really beautiful country, annoyed I didn't visit sooner tbh. I tend to stick to Italy and Austria for hiking but Slovenia is underrated for sure. I'm at lake Bohinj and it's stunning. Lovely temperature in the lake water for swimming too (unlike if you visited Windermere right now 😂)

31c atm so had to consume a beer to cope with the extreme conditions (it is hot, I won't lie 🥵)

Could contain:

I bet Slovenia is cheaper, too? Looks beautiful, must visit one day. I know a lot of Czechs like it, especially for hiking and water sports. Some stunning lakes there. And good weather! 
Still very warm and muggy here, had my partner’s lovely Czech teacher visit yesterday, we consumed way too much alcohol 😆 She’s still sleeping it off. Was so nice sitting outside in the late summer warmth, can’t beat it. Enjoyed some pretty skies, too. Looks decidedly more stormy this morning

Could contain:

Could contain:

Edited by stainesbloke
  • Like 5

Posted
1 hour ago, stainesbloke said:

I bet Slovenia is cheaper, too? Looks beautiful, must visit one day. I know a lot of Czechs like it, especially for hiking and water sports. Some stunning lakes there. And good weather! 
Still very warm and muggy here, had my partner’s lovely Czech teacher visit yesterday, we consumed way too much alcohol 😆 She’s still sleeping it off. Was so nice sitting outside in the late summer warmth, can’t beat it. Enjoyed some pretty skies, too. Looks decidedly more stormy this morning

Could contain:

Could contain:

It's pretty reasonable, price-wise! I'm at Bohinj which is the main 'tourist' area after Bled, and a beer is like 3.50 Euro, decent meal which will be 15-17 Euro. So it's not bad at all, and inflation would've hit here as well as everywhere else...

Those skies look great! I'm having breakfast now...third day on the trot of blue 😎 Almost seems surreal! Don't think I've seen 3 days of properly sunny skies I'm a row since June, no exaggeration.

Could contain:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
6 hours ago, In Absence of True Seasons said:

It's pretty reasonable, price-wise! I'm at Bohinj which is the main 'tourist' area after Bled, and a beer is like 3.50 Euro, decent meal which will be 15-17 Euro. So it's not bad at all, and inflation would've hit here as well as everywhere else...

Those skies look great! I'm having breakfast now...third day on the trot of blue 😎 Almost seems surreal! Don't think I've seen 3 days of properly sunny skies I'm a row since June, no exaggeration.

Could contain:

Looks beautiful 🤩 3 days of blue skies, lovely. Shame the last 7 weeks in the UK couldn’t do that. That’s your fill for the year! Enjoy the rest of your trip, sounds very reasonably priced, too 👍🏻

• Like 1

Posted

I wasn’t able to load these earlier because of the storm and the weak Wi-Fi in the tea shop/cafe.

A good couple of storms this afternoon, moved in without any warning. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted

When was the last time we had a saturday or weekened without LP or unsettled...

Yes today has been very scenic big cloudscapes and showers,even had one rumble of thunder..

• Thanks 1

Posted
4 hours ago, stainesbloke said:

Looks beautiful 🤩 3 days of blue skies, lovely. Shame the last 7 weeks in the UK couldn’t do that. That’s your fill for the year! Enjoy the rest of your trip, sounds very reasonably priced, too 👍🏻

Honestly wild that I've had more consecutive sun in 3 days here than I had in entire 7 week period in England. 😂 And tomorrow here should be sunny again! Slightly cooler at 27/28c - then cooling off in the evening as that thunderstorm approaches...

"Oh but our climate is thaaat bad". No, no it is. It really is. 

36 minutes ago, Snowyowl9 said:

Yes today has been very scenic big cloudscapes and showers,even had one rumble of thunder..

June. No exaggeration. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
1 hour ago, Snowyowl9 said:

June

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
4 minutes ago, Snowyowl9 said:

7 weeks then as it did start turning more unsettled late june..

Indeed. We have had decent weekend days, individually, but we haven't had a weekend since June where low pressure hasn't affected it to some degree. It's either been a case of a drossy Saturday and OK Sunday, or OK Saturday and drossy Sunday...or (more commonly) drossy whole weekend!

• Like 1

Posted
8 minutes ago, In Absence of True Seasons said:

Indeed. We have had decent weekend days, individually, but we haven't had a weekend since June where low pressure hasn't affected it to some degree. It's either been a case of a drossy Saturday and OK Sunday, or OK Saturday and drossy Sunday...or (more commonly) drossy whole weekend!

Or lack of dross for those sipping beers by a lake in Slovenia 🤣👍

My Highgate tea tasted ok though, during the thunderstorms earlier. 

• Like 2

Posted
5 minutes ago, Sunny76 said:

Or lack of dross for those sipping beers by a lake in Slovenia 🤣👍

My Highgate tea tasted ok though, during the thunderstorms earlier. 

Tea in the rain...very British!

Today's forecast here was partly cloudy Which yielded about 4 measly puffs at around 6pm 😂 Then there's Britain where "mostly sunny" = it's clear for about 2/3 hours when the clag rolls in. 

In fairness, this weather is my upper-limit for heat, if I'm active. 31c today and crazy humidity. It's fine if you're just lounging in the shade by a swimming pool but I was on a pretty intensive hike today, with some rock climbing involved, and honestly thought I was gonna get heatstroke at a couple of points 😂 

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, In Absence of True Seasons said:

Tea in the rain...very British!

Today's forecast here was partly cloudy Which yielded about 4 measly puffs at around 6pm 😂 Then there's Britain where "mostly sunny" = it's clear for about 2/3 hours when the clag rolls in. 

In fairness, this weather is my upper-limit for heat, if I'm active. 31c today and crazy humidity. It's fine if you're just lounging in the shade by a swimming pool but I was on a pretty intensive hike today, with some rock climbing involved, and honestly thought I was gonna get heatstroke at a couple of points 😂 

Well it was kind of tea to take away, and enjoy while in the park, but then I had to dash back to the tea room, as the storms rolled in.

It was a typical distant booming sound for 30 minutes, but the storms did move into properly and I had to take shelter. Which in turn meant buying another cuppa lol.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms. Pleasantly warm summers but no heat.
12 hours ago, In Absence of True Seasons said:

Could contain:

Slovenia seems interesting to me. Geographically and culturally. On the cross roads of Slavic, Germanic and Italian cultures. Not far to travel to pop into all of those countries.

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, Dark Horse said:

Slovenia seems interesting to me. Geographically and culturally. On the cross roads of Slavic, Germanic and Italian cultures. Not far to travel to pop into all of those countries.

It’s definitely somewhere  I would like to explore. 

I would rather have a break from Med countries for a year or two, but not knocking them. Italy, Spain and Greece all have something to offer, and every country has variety if you take time to look.

• Like 2

Posted
11 minutes ago, Dark Horse said:

It's effectively a mid point, climate wise and culturally too. A bit of "underdog" of Europe, tourist-wise. Most people go to Austria or Switzerland for hiking, and Italy or Greece for sun and cultural aspects. I'd recommend it for sure. It's quite small as well so you can easily see alot in a shortish space of time

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, Snowyowl9 said:

7 weeks then as it did start turning more unsettled late june..

Yes. That last week was bad. Only had 3 weeks here 

Posted
1 hour ago, Sunny76 said:

It’s definitely somewhere  I would like to explore. 

I would rather have a break from Med countries for a year or two, but not knocking them. Italy, Spain and Greece all have something to offer, and every country has variety if you take time to look.

Well technically, Slovenia is a Mediterranean country as it has a very short stretch of coast on the Adriatic, just South of Trieste.

Posted
15 minutes ago, davehsug said:

Well technically, Slovenia is a Mediterranean country as it has a very short stretch of coast on the Adriatic, just South of Trieste.

Oh ok. I’m a bit rusty when it comes to that neck of the woods, but I was talking about the western or central med. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Clear blue skies!

Damn!! Forecast for my 2 days off on Sunday & Monday had plenty of sunny spells and now it has downgraded to mostly rain & cloud! What a load of rubbish!

• Thanks 1