Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The poor summer haters club

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
20 minutes ago, *Stormforce~beka* said:

I only leave mine for the corner shop or to do school run mostly!

Oooh weather sis! I’m gonna have to start getting you out on little trips 🤗

• Thanks 1

Posted
12 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

Oooh weather sis! I’m gonna have to start getting you out on little trips 🤗

Without a pitty party my IBS has been sooo bad since the kids broke up. I've had 6 days pain free in total. So that is limiting me these holidays. Otherwise it's just that we are so busy with the house, garden and kids. Just no time for seeing and doing stuff! I udually do that in the holidays ... Apart from now ... Sigh!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
5 hours ago, *Stormforce~beka* said:

Without a pitty party my IBS has been sooo bad since the kids broke up. I've had 6 days pain free in total. So that is limiting me these holidays. Otherwise it's just that we are so busy with the house, garden and kids. Just no time for seeing and doing stuff! I udually do that in the holidays ... Apart from now ... Sigh!

IBS sounds awful, is there any treatment for it? Hope you manage to get somewhere nice soon and with good weather 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Clear blue skies!

This chat thread has had some odd evolvement! It went from the original cloud haters thread to poor summer thread and now it seems to have turned into another corona thread 😴 😂

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, warm sunny days , gales in Autumn , frost in Winter .
On 13/08/2023 at 00:13, stainesbloke said:

That’s good 👍🏻 Theoretically, we shouldn’t get a serious version now, after the jabs. I’m on day 3 of feeling rough. Today wasn’t as bad but feeling crap tonight again. Paracetamol and bed. Night all x

Hope you are starting to recover or at  least  not feel so awful .

Ýou will  need to rest up and listen to your body . 

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, warm sunny days , gales in Autumn , frost in Winter .

Rain overnight and very heavy at times and this morning the lights are on in the house! 

Very poor for August but not unheard of . 

• Like 2

Posted
50 minutes ago, Somerset girl said:

Hope you are starting to recover or at  least  not feel so awful .

Ýou will  need to rest up and listen to your body . 

Thank you 🙏 Resting and taking it easy.

Just as well as the weather isn’t very nice 😞 

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, SunSean said:

This chat thread has had some odd evolvement! It went from the original cloud haters thread to poor summer thread and now it seems to have turned into another corona thread 😴 😂

Probably my fault, time for some of your famous cloud-hating updates? Plenty to moan about at the moment

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal Disparity: Cold and Snowy Winters, Sunny and Warm Summers.
1 hour ago, SunSean said:

Not by my admission! Haha.

I created it as the Cloud Haters thread and deep down that it was what it will stay as 😆

Bear in mind...I don't like thick clag in winter any more than I do in summer - clear frosty days please! I

t was never intended to be a one season thread!

• Like 3

Posted
51 minutes ago, davehsug said:

Pouring for most of the night and earlier...but at least it's not cold!

I don’t mind the rain at night, as it sounds relaxing when lying in bed. I’m surprised we haven’t had any storms though. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
11 hours ago, *Stormforce~beka* said:

I thought you didn't like summer and the heat anyway?!

I love summer; it's temps above 33C and no storms I don't like. 

• Like 3

Posted
11 hours ago, *Stormforce~beka* said:

Are you sure it's not coronavirus?

I've tested negative twice so apparently not!

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, In Absence of True Seasons said:

Not by my admission! Haha.

I created it as the Cloud Haters thread and deep down that it was what it will stay as 😆

Bear in mind...I don't like thick clag in winter any more than I do in summer - clear frosty days please! I

t was never intended to be a one season thread!

I wonder if you could ask an administrator to change the name back to Cloud haters? Because as you say, it was meant for all seasons not just Summer haha.

• Like 1

Posted

What has amazed me this year is the we have only one dry spell of over 5 days. All year! You have to go back to early June and late May when we had over 5 days dry. We seem to get 2 maybe 3 days dry then showers or longer spells of rain. Continually. Can remember when you get a high sat over us for at least a week and be nice during the summer. I hope autumn bucks the trend this year.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal Disparity: Cold and Snowy Winters, Sunny and Warm Summers.
11 minutes ago, Andrew Hurcomb said:

What has amazed me this year is the we have only one dry spell of over 5 days. All year! You have to go back to early June and late May when we had over 5 days dry. We seem to get 2 maybe 3 days dry then showers or longer spells of rain. Continually. Can remember when you get a high sat over us for at least a week and be nice during the summer. I hope autumn bucks the trend this year.

After the dry spell in June, it's been a consistently wet summer, yes. With many of the dry days being fully overcast anyway.

Key giveaway is how green the grass is everywhere. Whilst there's a degree to which you can say "that's a good thing!" It's nevertheless indicative of how unusually wet, cool and unsunny it's been for the last 6/7 weeks. Grass browning a bit, whether it's in the garden, on the sidewalk or the local park, is perfectly normal and par for the course by August in the vast majority of Summers, especially for SE England where I live. It was always the way as a child...grass would be like hay/straw by the time I went back to school at the end of the summer holidays. 

Edited by In Absence of True Seasons
  • Like 2

Posted
7 hours ago, stainesbloke said:

IBS sounds awful, is there any treatment for it? Hope you manage to get somewhere nice soon and with good weather 

I have medication that can make flair ups less bad. But during high stress periods they don't work. Thanks. Going to the dentists this afternoon for check ups lolol!! And back again next Monday for a large filling to be replaced as its rubbing on my nerve!

3 hours ago, Methuselah said:

I love summer; it's temps above 33C and no storms I don't like. 

I've seen you in the heat haters thread so had you firmly in there camp. If 33 then you can tolerate more than me as I'm ok to 32!

2 hours ago, Azazel said:

I've tested negative twice so apparently not!

Hugs sweety! x

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, thunderstorms and snowy or frosty winters
1 hour ago, Andrew Hurcomb said:

In regards to heat definitely not, i prefer that in the core summer months when you reap the most benefit from it but if your referring to mellow autumnal days with plenty of sunshine and the misty mornings and plenty of dry weather to cancel out this stinker of a summer then I definitely agree.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything non-disruptive, and some variety
5 hours ago, Andrew Hurcomb said:

850mb geopotential height anomaly comparison between May and July says it all:

850GPH_May.thumb.png.328f8a53b7eeee665aa5acfce394ac3e.png850GPH_Jul.thumb.png.25581dacbd68a8aceb8fd429d1f059e0.png

The anomaly maps are virtually an inverse of each other. I don't recall the last time I saw such a stark difference between two months so close together (although I admit I haven't looked at very many comparisons).

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: despite my username, I like warm weather :)
2 hours ago, al78 said:

850GPH_May.thumb.png.328f8a53b7eeee665aa5acfce394ac3e.png850GPH_Jul.thumb.png.25581dacbd68a8aceb8fd429d1f059e0.png

The anomaly maps are virtually an inverse of each other. I don't recall the last time I saw such a stark difference between two months so close together (although I admit I haven't looked at very many comparisons).

It is quite shocking. Usually Julys that are this poor don't come after a good May/June with such extensive ridging. July 2017 was similar to 2023 here in Estonia, but that year already had a poor April, May and June and the poor summer pattern was already entrenched . This year I truly thought we might be going for a 2018 repeat based on May/June... oh well.

• Like 2

Posted

I see the models are trolling us again this morning, with a very warm dry spell next week. Just to assure all, I'll be on holiday, so it defo ain't happening!

• Like 1

Posted
On 14/08/2023 at 17:23, al78 said:

June, July and August 1940 would be interesting to look at. That really was a strange summer, weatherwise.

Posted
1 hour ago, davehsug said:

I see the models are trolling us again this morning, with a very warm dry spell next week. Just to assure all, I'll be on holiday, so it defo ain't happening!

Haha. As with most of the forecasts for plumes this summer - I'm treating it as a case of "I'll believe it when I see it"

Where you off to!? 

Posted

From clear blue skies to this in just under 30 mins. New record? My least favourite cloud type is that which spawns out of nowhere, disturbing a lovely clear Summers day.

Could contain:

• Like 2

Posted
16 minutes ago, SunSean said:

From clear blue skies to this in just under 30 mins. New record? My least favourite cloud type is that which spawns out of nowhere, disturbing a lovely clear Summers day.

Could contain:

Landing here now. Not a complete clag-over admittedly, but could do without large blobby clouds for just 1 entire day...surely...too much to ask? Seems so. 

• Like 1