Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The poor summer haters club

Posted
20 minutes ago, SunSean said:

Damn!! Forecast for my 2 days off on Sunday & Monday had plenty of sunny spells and now it has downgraded to mostly rain & cloud! What a load of rubbish!

And you expect anything less of 2023 darling? ...

• Like 2

Posted

Well why should the last holiday of this pathetic excuse for a summer be any different? Raining, 14c and dark enough to need a small light on.

Roll on May 2024, at least we'll still have hope!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted

But according to this website, we shouldn't be wishing to be elsewhere in Europe. I certainly do. They can keep this cr*ppy weather, I'll have whatever the Greeks are having.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted
3 hours ago, SunnyG said:

But according to this website, we shouldn't be wishing to be elsewhere in Europe. I certainly do. They can keep this cr*ppy weather, I'll have whatever the Greeks are having.

Thankfully I’m heading to Greece next weekend. Hopefully will be enjoying some high 20s at least and some very warm nights. 

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
1 hour ago, Sunny76 said:

Thankfully I’m heading to Greece next weekend. Hopefully will be enjoying some high 20s at least and some very warm nights. 

Fingers crossed for you mate. The chilly gloomy wet crap has reached here. Happy that we booked a week in Spain later in September

Posted
14 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

Fingers crossed for you mate. The chilly gloomy wet crap has reached here. Happy that we booked a week in Spain later in September

Have fun mate. September and even early October is still summer in the Med regions, despite the nights gradually cooling off in the second half of September. Sometimes a good time to catch an overnight storm as well 👍

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Like: heat, sun, thunderstorms. Dislike: cold, overcast, wind chill

Anyone else feeling chilly? 🥶

• Like 2

Posted

Was going mtn biking this afternoon as the forecast yesterday was light winds 19C and partly cloudy. Today its already started raining and looks like its going to be raining for rest of day. They cant even get the next day foreast right let alone 10 days in advance! God this summers been woeful! Just 5 days of dry weather , is that too much to ask?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold Snowy Winters, Hot Thundery Summers

Hazy sunshine here this morning and the rain has dodged us so far.

Aside from Sunday afternoon, the bank holiday weekend was decent here. I think overall, aside from the first week (which was a washout) August has been fairly good but bland.

Posted
7 minutes ago, WeatherEnthusiast said:

I had the heating on this morning ! felt like single figures outside

The kids keep leaving the doors open! 21c downstairs now was a nice 22c lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
4 hours ago, BlueDomeSky said:

Anyone else feeling chilly? 🥶

Yep, just 15°C today with damp, overcast skies, it’s rancid. Need another month of warm sunshine and then I’ll be ready for autumn 😂 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Like: heat, sun, thunderstorms. Dislike: cold, overcast, wind chill
8 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

Yep, just 15°C today with damp, overcast skies, it’s rancid. Need another month of warm sunshine and then I’ll be ready for autumn 😂 

Yes, it is crap today, solid grey ceiling and cool-feeling.

Hopefully there will be some of that warm sunshine in September!

• Like 2

Posted
4 minutes ago, BlueDomeSky said:

Yes, it is crap today, solid grey ceiling and cool-feeling.

Hopefully there will be some of that warm sunshine in September!

I’d actually take a cool, wet September if we get a lovely warm and sunny Indian summer in October (with foggy nights), that’d be lovely

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted

I would love a September 2020, as it was one of the sunniest on record, with a hot 30c on the 15th. Hopefully we get a repeat of October 2018, we did get a bit of all 4 seasons that month, and was also one of the sunniest on record. I would be fine with another October 2016 too

• Like 3

On 28/08/2023 at 09:18, davehsug said:

Well why should the last holiday of this pathetic excuse for a summer be any different? Raining, 14c and dark enough to need a small light on.

Roll on May 2024, at least we'll still have hope!

I don't think you can call it a pathetic excuse for a summer when we have had one of the best Junes on record.  We have had better summers but plenty worse (2007-8, 2011-12 etc).

• Like 2

Posted
5 hours ago, Greyhound81 said:

I don't think you can call it a pathetic excuse for a summer when we have had one of the best Junes on record.  We have had better summers but plenty worse (2007-8, 2011-12 etc).

I respectfully disagree. July and August have been so poor that June is but a distant, hazy memory. I don't believe that I have experienced a duller and colder summer period than the last 2 months. Just about every morning has been cloudy and usually wet and the days have rarely improved. It's the relentless cloud and coolness that has been the most remarkable feature since the backend of June.

• Like 4

Posted

So I must’ve been a bit bored last night as I decided to find out how much sunshine the UK gets annually, compared to the total hours of daylight. Maths isn’t my strong point but I worked out the UK gets roughly 4490 hours of daylight a year. 
London receives around 1633 hours of sunshine annually. 
Manchester 1265 hours.
Glasgow 1216 hours. 
The UK as a whole receives 1403 hours. 
As percentages: 

The UK - 31%
London - 36%
Manchester - 28%
Glasgow - 27% 

I knew we have a very cloudy climate but this was quite sobering. And people moan when it’s sunny?!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal Disparity: Cold and Snowy Winters, Sunny and Warm Summers.

Feeling quite chilly back in ol' Blighty today. A mostly overcast morning in London with a very Autumnal breeze. 

Even the rainy day in Slovenia when I left was warmer, cos of the humidity! This just feels like mid-March 😂

Edited by In Absence of True Seasons
  • Like 2

Posted

This fig tree tells me all I need to know about how poor this summer has been, normally by this stage of august the figs are large and trying to ripen this year barely the size of gooseberrys

Could contain:

• Like 2

Posted
31 minutes ago, In Absence of True Seasons said:

Feeling quite chilly back in ol' Blighty today. A mostly overcast morning in London with a very Autumnal breeze. 

Even the rainy day in Slovenia when I left was warmer, cos of the humidity! This just feels like mid-March 😂

Currently 12c and raining here.  Welcome home!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal Disparity: Cold and Snowy Winters, Sunny and Warm Summers.
51 minutes ago, laddie said:

This fig tree tells me all I need to know about how poor this summer has been, normally by this stage of august the figs are large and trying to ripen this year barely the size of gooseberrys

Could contain:

"But the according CET it's-"

Sorry, I'll stop eventually 😝

Posted
9 hours ago, Greyhound81 said:

Can we stop wheeling out that old chestnut. Yes, it was a sunny warm June, but it wasn’t for large areas of eastern England, and didn’t really get going until the 8th.

Yes, it was a lovely month, but the poor weather of 6/7 weeks that followed really brought down the summer in my opinion. 

June feels like a distant memory, after all the grey cloudy muck of July and first half of August. Recent week or two has been a bit better with warm sunny days, but it’s still not enough to save what has been a dreadful period of high summer weather.

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, stainesbloke said:

So I must’ve been a bit bored last night as I decided to find out how much sunshine the UK gets annually, compared to the total hours of daylight. Maths isn’t my strong point but I worked out the UK gets roughly 4490 hours of daylight a year. 
London receives around 1633 hours of sunshine annually. 
Manchester 1265 hours.
Glasgow 1216 hours. 
The UK as a whole receives 1403 hours. 
As percentages: 

The UK - 31%
London - 36%
Manchester - 28%
Glasgow - 27% 

I knew we have a very cloudy climate but this was quite sobering. And people moan when it’s sunny?!

I have a co worker who complained it was too hot last week, during our mini hot snap of 25-27c.

I told him to do one lol.

• Like 1