Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The poor summer haters club

Posted
14 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

That’s good 👍🏻 If you’re busy then there’s less time to get sad and depressed, a little party will definitely do the trick and lift the spirits 😊 

It's a sleepover. A massive party. Starts 330pm Friday until 10pm Saturday night. I'm dreading it! I hate entertaining other people's kids.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
2 minutes ago, *Stormforce~beka* said:

It's a sleepover. A massive party. Starts 330pm Friday until 10pm Saturday night. I'm dreading it! I hate entertaining other people's kids.

You could always slip a few Mogadons(sp?) into the trifle?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, Methuselah said:

You could always slip a few Mogadons(sp?) into the trifle?

Perfect!!!!!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
19 minutes ago, *Stormforce~beka* said:

Sounds like my idea of hell 😂 but have a few drinks and try to enjoy it! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
Just now, stainesbloke said:

Sounds like my idea of hell 😂 but have a few drinks and try to enjoy it! 

I'm a massive Introvert and want peace and quiet. My hell too. But according to daddy what the child wants the child gets!

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal Disparity: Cold and Snowy Winters, Sunny and Warm Summers.

As per usual, cloud is starting to clear as we head into the evening. Fantastic.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
1 hour ago, *Stormforce~beka* said:

I'm a massive Introvert and want peace and quiet. My hell too. But according to daddy what the child wants the child gets!

Don’t you get a say?

37 minutes ago, In Absence of True Seasons said:

As per usual, cloud is starting to clear as we head into the evening. Fantastic.

Funny that. Happens so rarely 😂 

Posted
1 hour ago, stainesbloke said:

Don’t you get a say? 

I was told a few hours won't make much difference and that it's her birthday she gets to choose ...!

• Like 1

Posted
3 hours ago, *Stormforce~beka* said:

I was told a few hours won't make much difference and that it's her birthday she gets to choose ...!

Well you’re her Mum so might be time to have a little chat with dear hubby

Posted
7 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

Well you’re her Mum so might be time to have a little chat with dear hubby

Chats turn into arguments. Best to keep shtum and get on with it. He always has a come back for everything! I would be accused of being selfish on her birthday or something!

Posted
1 minute ago, *Stormforce~beka* said:

Chats turn into arguments. Best to keep shtum and get on with it. He always has a come back for everything! I would be accused of being selfish on her birthday or something!

Hope you can manage ok and your husband is more supportive in future. Doesn’t sound very supportive at the moment 😞 

Posted
3 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

Hope you can manage ok and your husband is more supportive in future. Doesn’t sound very supportive at the moment 😞 

Hmmm. It's a general theme. He has traits of his narcissistic mother. But anyway I'll survive. I'll be found in the Saturday night party thread 😂 Resurrected for Friday!! Do come join in and anyone else reading this!

Are we set for another day of infill tomorrow??!

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, *Stormforce~beka* said:

Hmmm. It's a general theme. He has traits of his narcissistic mother. But anyway I'll survive. I'll be found in the Saturday night party thread 😂 Resurrected for Friday!! Do come join in and anyone else reading this!

Are we set for another day of infill tomorrow??!

Difficult to deal with narcissistic tendencies, you’ll always be wrong until they change. You have my sympathy. Keep your chin up if you can. Sadly, we’re in for a longer period of grey dreariness 

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal Disparity: Cold and Snowy Winters, Sunny and Warm Summers.

Quite clear and nice this morning but I don't even need to look at the forecast to make a near-guaranteed prediction that this will be clagged-over by mid to late morning (at best).

I can actually see stuff already bubbling up yonder!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Clear blue skies!
23 minutes ago, In Absence of True Seasons said:

Quite clear and nice this morning but I don't even need to look at the forecast to make a near-guaranteed prediction that this will be clagged-over by mid to late morning (at best).

I can actually see stuff already bubbling up yonder!

Clouded over already here lol. Guess what's forecast for tonight? You guessed it- Another crystal clear night. Absolutely horrific luck. Looks like it could be a decent day further North though according to the satellite. Definitely brighter further South & East you go this month like was said right? Lol.

• Like 3

Posted
51 minutes ago, SunSean said:

Clouded over already here lol. Guess what's forecast for tonight? You guessed it- Another crystal clear night. Absolutely horrific luck. Looks like it could be a decent day further North though according to the satellite. Definitely brighter further South & East you go this month like was said right? Lol.

Yep barely lasted until 9am I was being optimistic to think 10/11am! 

Of course. It's the classic British summer pattern (outside of years like 2018 or 2022). So frustrating. Most countries have it in summer where the morning is more cloudy but the sun burns it off for a clear day...we have the opposite.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Like: heat, sun, thunderstorms. Dislike: cold, overcast, wind chill

These consecutive days of fleeting sunlight are really starting to get to me now. It really is one of THOSE Julys, eh...

Day after day, I look at Sat24 and see the stratiform clouds blanket NW Europe, meanwhile, southern France and most of Iberia, besides the odd scattering of upper or mid level clouds, it's hot sunshine for them! An average regime, yes, but that's my problem... Oh the mediocrity!

Edited by bluedomesky
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Clear blue skies!
17 minutes ago, bluedomesky said:

These consecutive days of fleeting sunlight are really starting to get to me now. It really is one of THOSE Julys, eh...

Day after day, I look at Sat24 and see the stratiform clouds blanket NW Europe, meanwhile, southern France and most of Iberia, besides the odd scattering of upper or mid level clouds, it's hot sunshine for them! An average regime, yes, but that's my problem... Oh the mediocrity!

Yeah, absolute rubbish isn't it. At least another week or so of this too apparently.

• Like 3

Posted

Screenshot_20230713-0923322.thumb.png.d2c811b659871fc0790f8dc12a5b4be9.png

Wonderful stuff. 

That's July more or less done then. These patterns get locked in for weeks. Hopefully August will bring some real warmth.

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, In Absence of True Seasons said:

Screenshot_20230713-0923322.thumb.png.d2c811b659871fc0790f8dc12a5b4be9.png

Wonderful stuff. 

That's July more or less done then. These patterns get locked in for weeks. Hopefully August will bring some real warmth.

Dreadful for July. Will also be blowing a hoolie to add insult to injury. 

Posted
2 hours ago, SunSean said:

Yeah, absolute rubbish isn't it. At least another week or so of this too apparently.

This is what some people don’t understand. Ok, there aren’t killer floods or a total washout, but weeks of grey skies and drizzle in July are extremely hard to cope with for myself and no doubt many others

• Like 4

Posted

Morning kids! Well it's hazy sun here with a ton of bright clouds. Weather slightly up on yesterday ...

• Like 2

Posted
14 minutes ago, *Stormforce~beka* said:

Morning kids! Well it's hazy sun here with a ton of bright clouds. Weather slightly up on yesterday ...

Morning mum!

Good for you, bit better your way then! It does look to be breaking up a tad in London now but been thick grey muck since 9am here.  

Posted
3 minutes ago, In Absence of True Seasons said:

Morning mum!

Good for you, bit better your way then! It does look to be breaking up a tad in London now but been thick grey muck since 9am here.  

LOLOL!!! Looking out my window... It's only a slight improvement ... But beggars can't be choosers aye! 

Could contain:

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, *Stormforce~beka* said:

LOLOL!!! Looking out my window... It's only a slight improvement ... But beggars can't be choosers aye! 

Could contain:

OMG what’s that unnatural colour in amongst the grey??!