Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The poor summer haters club

Posted
51 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

OMG what’s that unnatural colour in amongst the grey??!

I know right!!! Hence the slight improvement lol. That said had rain since then ...

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
24 minutes ago, In Absence of True Seasons said:

Happy Friday folks.

Could contain:

Yep, yet more grey grot incoming. It’s producing something, at least but it’s turned into a very disappointing July 😢 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot summers; frigid winters; golden fall; bright spring

Yep, I want my clear blue skies and25C back please.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal Disparity: Cold and Snowy Winters, Sunny and Warm Summers.

God, there's a 15 minute window of some blue here in Essex - get it whilst it's hot! 

Could contain:

16 hours ago, Bobd29 said:

Yep, I want my clear blue skies and25C back please.

Oh come on, we don't have a Mediterranean climate, you can't expect such extreme heat! 😉😎

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
3 hours ago, In Absence of True Seasons said:

God, there's a 15 minute window of some blue here in Essex - get it whilst it's hot! 

Could contain:

Oh come on, we don't have a Mediterranean climate, you can't expect such extreme heat! 😉😎

Hope you enjoyed it lol! Shame about the ‘breeze’ 

Posted
3 hours ago, In Absence of True Seasons said:

After a decently clear morning, normal service has resumed. 

Could contain:

Same. It was gorgeous this morning too. Stupid weather!!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal Disparity: Cold and Snowy Winters, Sunny and Warm Summers.

Another day. Another complete whitewash. Didn't even make it until 9am today! 

This difference between last year's July and this year's is astonishing. May as well call it two different summer climates for all intents and purposes.

Could contain:

• Like 3

Posted
37 minutes ago, In Absence of True Seasons said:

Another day. Another complete whitewash. Didn't even make it until 9am today! 

This difference between last year's July and this year's is astonishing. May as well call it two different summer climates for all intents and purposes.

Could contain:

Never-ending grey. So grim, feel for you. I’m so happy to be back in Czechia (but have to come back to London at the weekend for a wedding). Will make the most of this summery sky

Could contain:

• Like 1

Posted
52 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

Never-ending grey. So grim, feel for you. I’m so happy to be back in Czechia (but have to come back to London at the weekend for a wedding). Will make the most of this summery sky

Could contain:

At least we aren't being burnt on a beach in 35c+ Greece with the sea breeze and a cocktail in hand though eh 😎😝 Anything but that! 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Like: heat, sun, thunderstorms. Dislike: cold, overcast, wind chill

After having the good fortune of dodging the lines of cumulus yesterday, allowing for some lovely prolonged sunny spells (albeit very locally to me). Today I wake up to sheets of hideous, sun-blotting altostratus.

• Like 3

Posted
31 minutes ago, bluedomesky said:

After having the good fortune of dodging the lines of cumulus yesterday, allowing for some lovely prolonged sunny spells (albeit very locally to me). Today I wake up to sheets of hideous, sun-blotting altostratus.

It does look to be burning-off a bit tbf! Not exactly the vivid blue i want up there but its pleasant enough given that that chilly wind has died-down a bit today. I'll take what I can get this month...

• Like 1

Posted
6 minutes ago, SunSean said:

Looks like it could be a vile day of full grey today!

Was just about to comment! Disgusting morning today. We have returned to the clag of April and May. Miserable stuff. Dark and oppressive. 

It's not the temps that are the issue, it's the general lack of sun, as much as some on the main Summer 2023 thread might like to overlook in the belief that we all apparently want 3 months straight of 30c+.

Honestly, these 22/23c temps are fine if we have clear skies. 

• Like 1

Posted

Now an unforecasted misty drizzly/pizzle has arrived just in time for my commute. Ah how I love this country's climate. 

Look at it! Isn't it beautiful, folks. 

🤢🤢🤢🤢

Could contain:

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, In Absence of True Seasons said:

Now an unforecasted misty drizzly/pizzle has arrived just in time for my commute. Ah how I love this country's climate. 

Look at it! Isn't it beautiful, folks. 

🤢🤢🤢🤢

Could contain:

Vile! What a rubbish July. Every time I’ve been in London this month I’ve felt cold. Have to come back for a wedding this weekend and it looks foul. My poor friend, feel sorry for her 

• Like 1

Posted
5 hours ago, stainesbloke said:

Vile! What a rubbish July. Every time I’ve been in London this month I’ve felt cold. Have to come back for a wedding this weekend and it looks foul. My poor friend, feel sorry for her 

Significant lack of residual warmth / humidity this month, well actually, since April tbh outside of the warm spell in June.

Means that it just isn't really warm enough to be outside sitting still in just a t-shirt etc, unless the sun is directly on you (a rarity given that its overcast about 92% of the time lol). Generally by mid July, I can happily eat/drink Al Fresco even on a cloudy day in the evening, often very late in the evening too, but this year is quite different indeed. Mornings have also been rather chilly. 

In terms of months and their feel/perception, It's effectively been:

• April: March. Say no more
  • May: March, but of early April vibes, then the last few days a sudden Spring-like burst
  • June: Started as April, then BOOM, SUMMER IS HERE (just for 2/3 weeks or so, mind you)
  • July: Last blip of summer to start, then back to May, and a mild May at that; changeable, pleasant in the sun, but definitely not 'hot' by any means and the constant threat of getting caught out in a sudden Spring shower! Also...chilly winds 

We could very easily seer weather in October this year which knocks alot of this July's days out the park. Honestly wouldn't surprise me.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Yep the lack of lingering warmth is noticeable. Was going to have lunch outside today but the wind is too much and when the cloud comes over it’s not pleasant!

Maybe we should make a wind haters club too! 😅

• Like 1

Posted
19 minutes ago, MP-R said:

Yep the lack of lingering warmth is noticeable. Was going to have lunch outside today but the wind is too much and when the cloud comes over it’s not pleasant!

Maybe we should make a wind haters club too! 😅

I hate wind in summer, unless it’s from a thunderstorm, a cooling breeze when it’s hot, or from too much garlic bread

• Like 2

Posted

These are the clouds I like in summer. Not vile Atlantic muck. And it’s a nice warm 29°C

Could contain:

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.
8 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

These are the clouds I like in summer. Not vile Atlantic muck. And it’s a nice warm 29°C

Could contain:

Id be annoyed with that much cloud too tbf. 😅

Nice temp though!

• Like 3

Posted
Just now, MP-R said:

Id be annoyed with that much cloud too tbf. 😅

Nice temp though!

Feels nice and convection is kicking off after a sunny day, so far. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Clear blue skies!

The sunny til 2pm forecast today has in fact began with 95% cloud cover. Not often I say this, but I can't wait for this July to be over. Pathetic excuse for high summer.

• Thanks 1