Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The poor summer haters club

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal Disparity: Cold and Snowy Winters, Sunny and Warm Summers.

Theres not a single day in the forecast for the foreseeable the doesn't have the 'c' word in it... (Other than the rain days of course).

Just British summer things!

Could contain:

Posted
38 minutes ago, In Absence of True Seasons said:

Theres not a single day in the forecast for the foreseeable the doesn't have the 'c' word in it... (Other than the rain days of course).

Just British summer things!

Could contain:

Sad times. I saw this when I was looking last night!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Like: heat, sun, thunderstorms. Dislike: cold, overcast, wind chill

Ugly, flat stratiform clouds today that wouldn't look out of place in December. As BBC Weather's Louise Lear would probably call it, "nuisance cloud". The return of the westerlies has to be one of the most frustrating weather phenomena we get in this country.

Edited by bluedomesky
Spelling
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal Disparity: Cold and Snowy Winters, Sunny and Warm Summers.
48 minutes ago, bluedomesky said:

Ugly, flat stratiform clouds today that wouldn't look out of place in December. As BBC Weather's Louise Lear would probably call it, "nuisance cloud". The return of the westerlies has to be one of the most frustrating weather phenomenons we get in this country.

Yep. After a not-so-bad morning, ended up being very dark today, more so as the day progresses. Just thick grim blanket now. No sense/feeling of the late June sun now!

Could contain:

Edited by In Absence of True Seasons
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Like: heat, sun, thunderstorms. Dislike: cold, overcast, wind chill
21 minutes ago, In Absence of True Seasons said:

Yep. After a not-so-bad morning, ended up being very dark today, more so as the day progresses. Just thick grim blanket now. No sense/feeling of the late June sun now!

Could contain:

One upside to dull June/July days where the maxima stays the low 20s is that my grass-pollen triggered hayfever reduces quite significantly. Even the grass is disappointed by the anaemic weather! Before the cold front a couple of days ago, my hayfever was out of control.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny, dry and preferably hot. Snow is nice in the winter

A very dark day today, or at least it seems so after the past few weeks. Never fails to get me down. Feels a lot like late August today

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Insightful 1

Posted

Look at it! 🤢 

Spots of raining coming now too. Forecasted? Nope. And of course, my phone weather app is showing "partly sunny" haha

Could contain:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Boooooring! Where’s the lovely blue gone? At least it’s not cold

Could contain:

• Like 2

Posted
4 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

Boooooring! Where’s the lovely blue gone? At least it’s not cold

Could contain:

Not cold, but just a waste of the longest days of the year with the most potential sunshine! 

I mean, it's not "cold" most months in England lol. We can get 15c in December 

• Like 2

Posted
12 hours ago, NEVES SCREAMER said:

Haven't seen 1 minute of sunshine here since Monday. 

But our country neeeeds raaaaain remember. 

Absolutely grim day this morning. Possibly my least favourite type of weather as it's just so dull. Endless grey, not warm, not cold, not properly raining just an incessant misty drizzle that shouldn't warrant an umbrella but if you don't use one, you end up getting soaked.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Clear blue skies!

Thought the South East was supposed to be brightest in this set up, yet we're the cloudiest section in the whole country 😂

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.
On 27/06/2023 at 16:33, bluedomesky said:

Ugly, flat stratiform clouds today that wouldn't look out of place in December. As BBC Weather's Louise Lear would probably call it, "nuisance cloud". The return of the westerlies has to be one of the most frustrating weather phenomena we get in this country.

It’s most annoying in the summer months. At least when westerlies return in winter months, the weather often turns brighter. Now, however, it’s just a nuisance.

• Like 2

Posted
3 hours ago, MP-R said:

It’s most annoying in the summer months. At least when westerlies return in winter months, the weather often turns brighter. Now, however, it’s just a nuisance.

I agree. The poxy warm sectors and warm fronts in summer are unwelcome in my books, even if they bring in some humid warmth beneath the stratus.

Now that the cold front has passed, the sky is looking rather pale behind the cumulus. I'm not sure if its the Canadian wildfire smoke or cirrus, does anyone know?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, gales, all extreme weather really!
6 hours ago, In Absence of True Seasons said:

But our country neeeeds raaaaain remember. 

Absolutely grim day this morning. Possibly my least favourite type of weather as it's just so dull. Endless grey, not warm, not cold, not properly raining just an incessant misty drizzle that shouldn't warrant an umbrella but if you don't use one, you end up getting soaked.

More than happy to get some steady rain/ downpours, preferably in the form of a storm but dry grey lids or drizzle. Disgusting. 3 warm sunny days, big storm, rinse and repeat please. Maybe I need to move to the tropics. 

• Like 2

Posted

Another grim day, same old. Will it rain? Won't it? Who knows! In the meantime, have some perpetual grey!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
1 hour ago, In Absence of True Seasons said:

Another grim day, same old. Will it rain? Won't it? Who knows! In the meantime, have some perpetual grey!

Yes, more pointless crud. Either rain, or F off! Like in most other countries 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
6 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

Preeeeeeeeeeeeecisely!!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All weather

Hate cloud apart from  at night time when camping so much warmer 😀

• Like 2

Posted
1 hour ago, stainesbloke said:

It's just a waste for this time of year. This is the best time for Al fresco, sitting in the garden after work, few drinks at a beer garden etc... But we can't have nice things

• Like 3

Posted

I cannot believe that there are people on the heat haters thread who are unironically joyous about this weather in Summer.

I get finding 30c+ unbearable, because that *is* heat, but I just for the life of me cannot see how (in June) 17c and drizzle is preferable to, say, 20/21c and sunny with a few fluffy clouds. 

Someone actually used the words "it's like an October day!" With a smile emoji... So, you just dislike actual seasons then, not heat? Why would you desire autumn 365 days of the year!? Go live in the Faroe Islands.

Baffling.

Edited by In Absence of True Seasons
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Clear blue skies!

Lovely sunny morning but I wonder....Met Office are saying we will back into the grey smut from 11am and yet other forecasts are more optimistic with sunny spells for most of the day. Will this be a rare day where Met Office are wrong or will they be correct in their pessimism as usual?

• Like 1

Posted
30 minutes ago, SunSean said:

Lovely sunny morning but I wonder....Met Office are saying we will back into the grey smut from 11am and yet other forecasts are more optimistic with sunny spells for most of the day. Will this be a rare day where Met Office are wrong or will they be correct in their pessimism as usual?

Who knows, when I checked yesterday morning, today wasn't even predicted to have this sunny morning. But currently not a wisp in Essex.

Posted

Can't complain at the minute though...more of these mornings please! 

This is what I expect from a late June/early July morning. 

It's nice to have my morning tea with some sun on my face.

Could contain:

• Like 1

Posted

Hmmm, it's coming...

If it stays like this, fluffy cumulus here and there, I'm not too fussed.

I just don't want another day where the majority of the daylight hours are marred by an all-encompassing layer of grey.

Hope everyone has been having a nice weekend regardless. Very chilled one for me this time! 

Could contain: