Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The poor summer haters club

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal Disparity: Cold and Snowy Winters, Sunny and Warm Summers.
15 minutes ago, SunSean said:

The sunny til 2pm forecast today has in fact began with 95% cloud cover. Not often I say this, but I can't wait for this July to be over. Pathetic excuse for high summer.

Cloud cover forecast this year has been woeful all the way since April. 

I think we have had, quite literally, 2 or 3 days this entire month that haven't been nearly completely overcast.

Those being that warm, sunny Friday (7th) and the day or so preceding that. 

Other than that...dross, with average and below average temps to boot.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Clear blue skies!
7 minutes ago, In Absence of True Seasons said:

Cloud cover forecast this year has been woeful all the way since April. 

I think we have had, quite literally, 2 or 3 days this entire month that haven't been nearly completely overcast.

Those being that warm, sunny Friday (7th) and the day or so preceding that. 

Other than that...dross, with average and below average temps to boot.

Yeah this weather pattern has well and truly taken its toll on me now. No end in sight either and yet the whole of Europe moreless is under sunny skies. Its like being left out of a mates party that everyone else was invited to except you and your just sitting indoors bored and deflated.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Like: heat, sun, thunderstorms. Dislike: cold, overcast, wind chill

Some rather pretty looking early convective clouds this morning. Typical for being in a col, which can make for some interesting skies. Not the ugly, flat grey stratiform clouds of when the pressure is either too high or too low. Shame about the autumnal temperatures though. Fingers crossed that August delivers at least one heat spike.

Edited by bluedomesky

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal Disparity: Cold and Snowy Winters, Sunny and Warm Summers.
7 minutes ago, SunSean said:

Yeah this weather pattern has well and truly taken its toll on me now. No end in sight either and yet the whole of Europe moreless is under sunny skies. Its like being left out of a mates party that everyone else was invited to except you and your just sitting indoors bored and deflated.

It's exhausting for anyone who not just simply likes the sun/warmth, but gets affected by it in terms of overall wellbeing, such as myself. 

After a good day or few hours in the sun, I genuinely feel like some sort of internal battery is recharging. It's more than simply "weather preference" for me. 

I've had to stop looking at the weather elsewhere haha because I got quite frustrated Google Mappsing the capital cities across Europe the last few days and seeing their weather compared to ours. And I'm not talking about the Med. I'm talking  Riga, Vilnius, Tallin, Stockholm, Oslo, Helsinki etc. All fantastic weather the last week and the upcoming days. 

Even just across the channel in mainland Netherlands and Belgium etc they're getting days on the trot of sunny and 23-26c. Bear in mind they're closer to us in London/Essex than Manchester is 😒

I honestly wouldn't mind the temps we are having if we had properly sunny days. 

Worst of all...this is the best we are gonna get for the foreseeable future if next week's forecast manifests. We thought this week was dull? Well, let's count our blessings because from Saturday onwards it's looking about as rough as it can get.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
2 hours ago, SunSean said:

Current sky in "High Summer" lol.

Could contain:

I see hideous infill is rampant, yet again. About as welcome as explosive diarrhoea at a supermarket checkout. Why does the UK suffer with this so often? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Aaand here it’s comes… 🤦🏻‍♂️

Could contain:

• Like 2

Posted
29 minutes ago, MP-R said:

Aaand here it’s comes… 🤦🏻‍♂️

Could contain:

Horrible ain't it. We had that from the moment I got in the garden at 7am lol. Had a few brief sunny spells lasting around 20 mins a pop.

• Like 2

Posted
8 hours ago, SunSean said:

I've felt that way since we left the EU ...

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
3 hours ago, In Absence of True Seasons said:

Beautiful evening 😍😍

Could contain:

😂 Delightful summer skies

Posted

You know it's a rotten July when even the days where just a bit of sun in the morning is forecast only to be downgraded on the day to a hazy/cloudy morning lol. Truly woeful.

• Like 3

Posted

We go again… didn’t even make it to midday with sunshine! 🤦🏻‍♂️

Could contain:

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

Posted
1 minute ago, MP-R said:

We go again… didn’t even make it to midday with sunshine! 🤦🏻‍♂️

Could contain:

I'm still amazed at the amount of people saying this has been an alright July and bang on average. Who cares about the temperatures or low rainfall when the sky looks like this all the time! Absolutely rubbish July, no defending it.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Like: heat, sun, thunderstorms. Dislike: cold, overcast, wind chill

Absolutely sick to death of having to close my windows because of an unpleasant chilly breeze in the morning. The convective infill means that it takes what feels like an eternity to warm up, and we can barely go one day without that rotten chilly breeze. 🤬

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, SunSean said:

I'm still amazed at the amount of people saying this has been an alright July and bang on average. Who cares about the temperatures or low rainfall when the sky looks like this all the time! Absolutely rubbish July, no defending it.

How little they know. 😅

• Like 1

Posted
17 minutes ago, SunSean said:

Average = poor to me. I simply do not like the climate here and never have, even as a child. 23c in summer, (for those who are acclimatised) is only warm if the sun is out and there is little to no wind, which is often not the case. otherwise it feels tepid or chilly to me. Knowing that so many other areas of the world (including at the same latitudes as Britain) experience consistent, genuine summer heat and sun, and we are just about scraping the low 20s and (what feels like) perpetual grey skies never ceases to disappoint me! I would love to move, but I simply do not have the means to do so.

Edited by bluedomesky
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
4 minutes ago, bluedomesky said:

Average = poor to me. I simply do not like the climate here and never have, even as a child. 23c in summer, (for those who are acclimatised) is only warm if the sun is out and there is little to no wind, which is often not the case. otherwise it feels tepid or chilly to me. Knowing that so many other areas of the world (including at the same latitudes as Britain) experience consistent, genuine summer heat and sun, and we are just about scraping the low 20s and (what feels like) perpetual grey skies never ceases to disappoint me! I would love to move, but I simply do not have the means to do so.

Oh yeah, same. If I could move anywhere, it would be Faro in Portugal. Also agree that average is poor. Whoever remembers an average month lol. The UK climate sometimes teases you that it's not too bad like Spring 2020, Summer 2018 & 2022 but then you get periods like this which just remind you that it's mostly dross with a few memorable sprinkles of good weather every so often.

• Like 2

Posted
3 minutes ago, SunSean said:

Oh yeah, same. If I could move anywhere, it would be Faro in Portugal. Also agree that average is poor. Whoever remembers an average month lol. The UK climate sometimes teases you that it's not too bad like Spring 2020, Summer 2018 & 2022 but then you get periods like this which just remind you that it's mostly dross with a few memorable sprinkles of good weather every so often.

I love Faro! Especially the coastal barrier islands that you can see from the plane as you land! I believe that's also one of the sunnier locations of Iberia too on average, coastal SW Andalusia and SE Algarve

Posted
17 minutes ago, bluedomesky said:

Yes, a lot of people saying we’re around average (not for sunshine, that’s for sure), but average in the UK isn’t a high benchmark. Always seeking above average in summer

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, bluedomesky said:

I love Faro! Especially the coastal barrier islands that you can see from the plane as you land! I believe that's also one of the sunnier locations of Iberia too on average, coastal SW Andalusia and SE Algarve

Yeah, fave place I've ever been too! Abundance of sunshine, beautiful scenery, nice people, lots of stuff to do and see. I was there in May for 5 days and can't wait to go back.

Posted
2 hours ago, bluedomesky said:

Amen my dear! AaaaaMeeeen!

• Like 1

Posted
2 hours ago, stainesbloke said:

Yes, a lot of people saying we’re around average (not for sunshine, that’s for sure), but average in the UK isn’t a high benchmark. Always seeking above average in summer

It’s a terrible period of weather. 2023 really has been a bleak year for sunshine levels, and only June has been above average and decent for sunny periods. 

2022 was so much better. Felt like a proper summer last year.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Posted
2 hours ago, bluedomesky said:

I feel your pain mate.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, sun and thunderstorms in summer. Cold sunny days and snow in winter

I can tolerate cloud more if we are going to actually get something useful out of it. But otherwise what's the point? If nothing is going to happen then it may as well be sunny.

• Like 3