Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storms and Convective discussion - September 2023

Supacell

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Blizzards,Hot Thundery nights.

Great storm here for the last hour.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow

Southampton, as usual, has managed to avoid all of the interesting stuff! Amazing how storms seem to swerve to avoid us 😂 Still, nice light show from the storms around us. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storm, drizzle

To those who said high in the SE.

Was always gonna be west of here, yet people convinced me I'd get lucky. Kept telling them I wouldn't and was proven correct. Not annoyed about the lack of a storm, more the lack of sleep due to people thinking the SE would actually get storms. Should've trusted my gut

🙂

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and long, sunny summers

7 hours later and the absolute storm factory that is northern France is still going, pretty incredible. Some places have easily seen 7+ rounds of storms.

Screenshot2023-09-18003955.thumb.png.1f0b0cc7792cd10a06573400d551afee.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Can’t believe it. Had a tonne of lightning and some intracloud thunder, but it seems the core of these storms has skimmed to my WEST!!! Unbelievable 🤣

Edited by Harry

Posted
17 minutes ago, WeatherArc said:

I would keep a lookout, the flow has changed and storms are heading more northerly now, am watching these new cells currently, pretty sure they will get to us it just depends how electrically active they are 

Lets hope theres still some cape about ⛈️

Screenshot2023-09-18003055.thumb.png.4b9c0ec4cc50e7ccffbd89c97d08e76b.png

They might get some energy over the cotswolds, I'll stay awake n see. 😁

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Saltdean,Nr Brighton,East Sussex,Hither Green,SE London.

Must have been a decent shelf cloud that rolled in ahead of the storm.

The outflow boundary had a sustained wind of 44mph here.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat and thunderstorms, snow in winter
4 minutes ago, amybonnie98 said:

Southampton, as usual, has managed to avoid all of the interesting stuff! Amazing how storms seem to swerve to avoid us 😂 Still, nice light show from the storms around us. 

Quite, was sat on my balcony watching it flickering away with no thunder and  it's then gone bonkers near Romsey! Seeing more flashes to the south again now.

• Like 1

Posted

Why are storms we get always elevated? I haven't had a proper ground shaker for many years.

1 minute ago, TropicThunder said:

Quite, was sat on my balcony watching it flickering away with no thunder and  it's then gone bonkers near Romsey! Seeing more flashes to the south again now.

Oh no ... not more. I need to sleep at some point 😂

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Blizzards,Hot Thundery nights.
2 minutes ago, TJS1998Tom said:

Curious to see how more storms might develop when the warnings are on till 6am, seems very scattered on real time lightning maps but ofc elevated mostly

From my observation here in Cambs the lightning in real time is much more frequent than being presented on the detectors. Flashes here every 5-10 seconds.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
7 minutes ago, Eagle Eye said:

Was always gonna be west of here, yet people convinced me I'd get lucky. Kept telling them I wouldn't and was proven correct. Not annoyed about the lack of a storm, more the lack of sleep due to people thinking the SE would actually get storms. Should've trusted my gut

🙂

We did, it's just that my main one jumped me lol, lots in the channel, could here the thunder of those, then up in North East Kent, could see the flashes but not here thunder. Had a small one build over head, that gave a close rumble. You've just been unlucky.

Posted
Just now, *Stormforce~beka* said:

Why are storms we get always elevated? I haven't had a proper ground shaker for many years.

Unfortunately surface based storms just cant survive the cold waters of the channel and become elevated, the severe t-storm outbreak we had last sunday in south Lincolnshire were surface based though.

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

Posted
Just now, 80sWeather said:

From my observation here in Cambs the lightning in real time is much more frequent than being presented on the detectors. Flashes here every 5-10 seconds.

Ah didnt realise it was that frequent, though radar has picked up again, I know though real time lightning can have a bit of a delay at times

Just wish this was heading Lincolnshire way 😛 

image.thumb.png.3bd98d4d2800fc952e025cf8becb7c05.png

• Like 1

Posted
11 minutes ago, Eagle Eye said:

🙂

Eastbourne and Brighton are in the SE,sorry to be pedantic during your frustration.

Posted
1 minute ago, WeatherArc said:

Unfortunately surface based storms just cant survive the cold waters of the channel and become elevated, the severe t-storm outbreak we had last sunday in south Lincolnshire were surface based though.

I was told on here something to do with how flat the land is in Lincolnshire is which is what helps home grown storms

• Like 1

Posted

The fact those storms near Cheltenham are still putting out a good bit of lightning gives me some hope they can survive into the west mids.

Screenshot2023-09-18005604.thumb.png.f930eea1d873502d2da779eea066f965.pngScreenshot2023-09-18005617.thumb.png.8de01a6f70ceb2d601d20c10b7275948.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish plumes & stormy winters. Facebook @ Lance's Lightning Shots

What a frustrating little chase tonight. So much lightning, but it was everywhere except here, oh well.

@Azazel should be happy now, I make that 2 or 3 direct hits for Andover tonight. Pretty sure one of the massive flashing CBs I could see an hour ago was over there 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storm, drizzle
2 minutes ago, sunnijim said:

Eastbourne and Brighton are in the SE,sorry to be pedantic during your frustration.

Alright then lol. To be more specific. Why was where I live in the centre of the high when like. 1 model had me having a storm?

Posted
4 minutes ago, WeatherArc said:

We're doomed 

• Like 1