Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Model Output Discussion - mid Autumn

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot n cold
17 minutes ago, northwestsnow said:

Don't bother looking at EC46,it's awful.

i never do

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, cold!
14 minutes ago, northwestsnow said:

I have concerns over the ECM 46 because, I believe it now is not on the back of the EPS to day 15 but is a whole separate suite of 100 run at lower resolution - much lower resolution.  36km instead of 9km for the op.  And remember that all of this evolution hinges on getting the behaviour of a low or lows in the Atlantic right early doors - which then opens or shuts the door to heights over Greenland.  If the op runs are struggling with this, and the whole hemisphere pattern seems to hinge on it, how is the 46 going to fare?  Not well - I’m inclined to bin the whole thing until the situation re the Atlantic ridge is resolved.

• Like 5

Posted
21 minutes ago, northwestsnow said:

Not a surprise 

This is 20/27 mean heights on the 46 and eps. (The gefs aren’t that different )

image.thumb.png.1b08459c4fdb3d5e11cf90ac4f35b96f.png       IMG_2319.thumb.jpeg.6663cb0be04c984297b8be45a025df1d.jpeg

but week 2

image.thumb.png.cafc8fc92d040264e66eb50f683312e9.png  IMG_2321.thumb.jpeg.faea8c94844ef5de4f70b60c00978aa8.jpeg

now the 46 is a different animal this winter. It used to run on the back of the eps day 15. But now it runs from day one at a lower resolution but with double the number of members. So we are now going to see whether it’s week 3 is of any use. It used to be a decent tool for week 3 running off the back of the eps. 

but the eps for 27/4th is different to our east with the trough. If the ec46 catches up over the next few days then you’d have to question the new structure. 

Edited by bluearmy
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Posted
7 hours ago, blizzard81 said:

I hope the mods don't mind this but I would like to share something personal - After 8 years battling dementia, my sweet loving mum passed away last night. Her suffering is now at an end and she is at peace ❤❤❤ xxx

Would like to add my condolences as well.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted

Generally, ECM is favouring something a little below average for London, and a bit more pronounced further north. The key question seems to be about how far south any cold incursion gets, and how long it hangs around. Of note is that the proper cold spell the ECM OP shows at days 9 and 10 seems to be an outlier.

image.thumb.png.34a20e12e625a15c77b11e2bdef7f4a0.png

image.thumb.png.70ed9366f3e528a92268d317fd501155.png

• Like 2

Posted

As you get older it's hard to enjoy the chases and the general roller coaster. However the output really is encouraging at the moment. The gfs is overdue a victory  for that alone I'll be willing it on 😆.

Even if it fails always good to see Europe and Scandi get some proper cold!

• Like 4

Posted
8 hours ago, blizzard81 said:

I hope the mods don't mind this but I would like to share something personal - After 8 years battling dementia, my sweet loving mum passed away last night. Her suffering is now at an end and she is at peace ❤❤❤ xxx

I’m so sorry to hear this mate. Lots of love 

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: blizzard conditions. ice days

Get t’up there Chavy.😀.. and the verse of lat blocking remains … intriguing to say the least!

1F948CF0-4CF5-46C2-9058-A51B75E60B76.png

642A1676-6E77-45BB-ADB7-CAFD80B946FE.png

Edited by tight isobar
  • Like 3

Posted

image.thumb.png.71619d7be457022c9bd1d88dc15db989.png

The clean route to cold is being lost now by gfs as its picking up a low pressure South of Iceland. Someone mentioned sliders, yes in January not in late November with very warm seas

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, thunderstorms, warmth, sun any time!

Now it's more like 50 miles more north from this on the 18z, and that would be perfect for the Midlands snow fans!

Only 2 years after the last decent November snow event that would be a rarity to say the least 😂

My run of the day for sure the GFS 18z with further chances of lows in succession sliding under the high pressure wedge.

5rHUQOHr.png

Edited by Metwatch
  • Like 6

Posted

The GFS 18 hrs run shortening the northerly and replacing it with a more battle ground scenario as shortwave energy slips se . We might get to another n to ne a bit later if the high can re-assert itself .

Edited by nick sussex
  • Like 1

Posted

Is that a reload coming into Greenland !! It’s been a good run, plenty of snow chances around as lows bump into the colder air!! 

IMG_1155.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love snow

1 thing we can all agree on it’s a very interesting time can’t wait to see how it all plays out 😯

• Like 1