• Weather Preferences: All

Heavy hail here

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All weather

Still dry here ,nice to see dry pavements and roads for a change 

• Like 7

Posted

Nice to see a bit of early morning sunshine before the clouds hurriedly rolled back in again to give a predominantly overcast day, so much for today being 'mostly sunny' but can't complain as at least it's not raining. I managed to spend a few hours around the back-hills of Matlock close to Ashover before heading back home for some grub.

DSC_1710-fotor-20231229132754.thumb.jpg.b12b6c55cbd03524b0bcc4af418637dd.jpg07.thumb.jpg.35c8d5d4104d659abeab8417ecf911cb.jpg06.thumb.jpg.fa8fc449fe6297848d98440d50ec151b.jpg

• Like 9

Posted
24 minutes ago, Rush2019 said:

A look back over 2023 for storms around my location, there was only one of note on 9th July, a few flashes, rolling loud rumbles and pea sized hail.  On many occasions distant lightning and rumbles heard but Macc not favourable for a full on assault.  Many parts of the region did fare well for storms this year, some having a few rounds in one day.  Who else had an epic storm this year?

Evening of 12th June here in South Cheshire. A two-pronged attack, thunder and huge hailstorm at 6pm followed by lightning, thunder and heavy rain at 7pm. Best I've seen in 23 years in Crewe, and I get a daily reminder of it seeing the stump of the tree opposite the local Co-op. Luckily, nobody was standing underneath when it was hit by lightning sometime around 7pm. Sad for the tree, but at least it was nature at work rather than a health & safety whim of the local Council. 

I thought we might be getting some more fireworks just now as it turned very dark outside, but only a heavy shower so far. Par for the course, but it followed a surprisingly bright and at times sunny morning. The shower continues.  

• Like 7

Posted

A good covering of Hail in Hadfield and Glossop. 

Some sleet now falling and down to 3°C

• Like 7

Posted
7 minutes ago, A Face like Thunder said:

Evening of 12th June here in South Cheshire. A two-pronged attack, thunder and huge hailstorm at 6pm followed by lightning, thunder and heavy rain at 7pm. Best I've seen in 23 years in Crewe, and I get a daily reminder of it seeing the stump of the tree opposite the local Co-op. Luckily, nobody was standing underneath when it was hit by lightning sometime around 7pm. Sad for the tree, but at least it was nature at work rather than a health & safety whim of the local Council. 

I thought we might be getting some more fireworks just now as it turned very dark outside, but only a heavy shower so far. Par for the course, but it followed a surprisingly bright and at times sunny morning. The shower continues.  

Wow, pretty decent.  Nothing has topped the storm of the 11th 12th Aug 2020 for me yet.

Just about stayed dry here, with some brightness earlier.  Temp slightly falling from what could be todays max of 8° C.  Tis going dark now.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Grrrrr. electrified after it passed me.

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Raining again but it looks like the heavier stuff is a few miles to my south.

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat, thunderstorms and winter snow
39 minutes ago, A Face like Thunder said:

Yeah caught that June storm here too as well as the early July storm. June & August 2020 are still the best I’ve seen for storms locally for quite some time though - the August 2020 storm was at the end of a mini heatwave, the SE had the worst of the heat but we had managed some hot days & most notably uncomfortably humid nights - the storm hit on one of those tropical nights and produced a stunning light show. Now I wonder if Crewe has ever seen thunder snow? 👀❄️ 🌩 

• Like 7

Posted

A clap of thunder ⛈ in Glossop.

Sleet with it aswell. 

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: seasonal with a leaning to colder winters

update-couple of squalls come through-got wet-again

• Like 7

Posted
21 minutes ago, cheshireoak said:

update-couple of squalls come through-got wet-again

There's some late afternoon brightness out West, Mr. Blue Sky.  Just in time for the sun to set, tut.

20231229_152750.jpg

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Honestly all the energy in the sea and all the lightning over land. Couldn't make it up.

• Like 7

Posted
5 minutes ago, itsnowjoke said:

Heavy hail here 

Not surprised there's still hail about, anvil and tower NW.  Looks like there's going to be a pretty pink, tangerine sunset for some.

20231229_154214.jpg

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All weather

A couple of light showers probably a few more to come looking at the sky 

• Like 6

Posted
2 hours ago, Had Worse said:

Heavy hail here

Was lumpy icy rain but turned to wet snow for 20 minutes earlier…  started laying on grass… temp went from 8c in Ashton to 2c here… saw a car with snow on its roof when we got home… must have come from over Woodhead… had huge flash then instant boom as well was pretty torrential….

Edited by WillinGlossop
  • Like 6