Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Northwest Weather Discussion - Dec 2023 onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All weather
9 minutes ago, Rush2019 said:

Nice pics.  I see you caught the plugholes on overflow, not witnessed it myself, I believe the noise is quite deafening.  Macc Forest and Alderley Edge I imagine would have been heaving today too, such a perfect walking day.

Bell mouth spillway I believe they are called 

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All

Well there's no need to chase the rain, its battering the back kitchen window.

New uears day ham is done.

@WillinGlossop

20240101_191323.jpg

• Like 6

Posted

I was at Crewe Alex this afternoon and the rain started at 4pm, just after half time, and is now pouring down. presumably knocking out any late NYD fireworks. At least the Alex won, so I didn't mind getting wet on the walk home.

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Sunny until early afternoon but rapidly deteriorated since with very heavy rain in the past hour mixed at times with graupel. Quite cold as well only 5.3°C.

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
1 minute ago, cheshire snow said:

Q mass hysteria in the Mod thread of course if the ECM is correct 😁

out of fairness it’s a fantastic run….but

only for the SE, sucks for most of us in here, maybe a flurry or 2, but not the dumping it shows there

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

After a nice sunny morning and early afternoon out on the Merseyside lowlands; what an awful evening it’s turned into.

Just got home after 50 minutes of dodging the surface water flooding on motorways and duel carriageways that the experts think don’t need to be lit.

Personally I can’t believe the sense in the perfect shoite storm of not switching on lights on pothole filled roads with under maintained drainage but there again I’m just a driver, not an expert.

Anyway happy new year everyone.

• Like 6

Posted
1 hour ago, Had Worse said:

Well there's no need to chase the rain, its battering the back kitchen window.

New uears day ham is done.

@WillinGlossop

20240101_191323.jpg

Looks delicious enjoy 😋 we had remains of chilli from last night in tacos and made chicken drummers again for Isla… 

cheers to you all last night was lovely to see and meet all your family… you made delicious pork and pineapple curry… yum 😋 👌was a great New Year’s party eventhough it rained at times… fireworks were good and we have a few left over🎆🎇🍾🥂🎆🎇 

tonight is horrendous out but brother and sister in law went to Ashton for date night at miller and carter and we babysat my niece… good as gold bless her… 

as it’s raining all day tomorrow off to Trafford centre with them… 

Edited by WillinGlossop
  • Like 8

Posted
9 minutes ago, iand61 said:

After a nice sunny morning and early afternoon out on the Merseyside lowlands; what an awful evening it’s turned into.

Just got home after 50 minutes of dodging the surface water flooding on motorways and duel carriageways that the experts think don’t need to be lit.

Personally I can’t believe the sense in the perfect shoite storm of not switching on lights on pothole filled roads with under maintained drainage but there again I’m just a driver, not an expert.

Anyway happy new year everyone.

One of my friends hit  a flood on the m74 last week near Abingdon span out and hit the central reservertion barrier he was ok but his bmw wasn’t 😟

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer
7 minutes ago, Scuba steve said:

One of my friends hit  a flood on the m74 last week near Abingdon span out and hit the central reservertion barrier he was ok but his bmw wasn’t 😟

Yeah they tell us to drive to suit the conditions but there were parts of the East Lancs, M60 and M66 where the safest option was to park up and walk.

• Like 6

Posted
2 minutes ago, iand61 said:

Yeah they tell us to drive to suit the conditions but there were parts of the East Lancs, M60 and M66 where the safest option was to park up and walk.

Ironically he’s retired traffic cop and a good safe driver the roads a disaster nowadays 

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All
32 minutes ago, WillinGlossop said:

Looks delicious enjoy 😋 we had remains of chilli from last night in tacos and made chicken drummers again for Isla… 

cheers to you all last night was lovely to see and meet all your family… you made delicious pork and pineapple curry… yum 😋 👌was a great New Year’s party eventhough it rained at times… fireworks were good and we have a few left over🎆🎇🍾🥂🎆🎇 

tonight is horrendous out but brother and sister in law went to Ashton for date night at miller and carter and we babysat my niece… good as fold bless her… 

as it’s raining all day tomorrow off to Trafford centre with them… 

Heading down to Mosside shortly to drop Alex and Ivory off. Conditions ain't pretty.

What is pretty  is Newcastle equalising against Liverpool 

• Like 4

Posted
5 minutes ago, Had Worse said:

Heading down to Mosside shortly to drop Alex and Ivory off. Conditions ain't pretty.

What is pretty  is Newcastle equalising against Liverpool 

Hope journey is ok… traffic should be better than yesterday…. 
yes come on Newcastle ⚽⚽⚽⚽

• Like 4

Posted

Not a bad New Year's Day in the scheme of things. Bright spells, even bursts of sunshine and dry in the main bar odd light showery burst, until dark, when the rain arrived in full force yet again.

A run of wet days ahead, however, the coming weekend promises to be dry, cold, sunny and frosty, pleasing to see a change on the cards, the very wet persistantly dull conditions last few weeks are now becoming quite a nuisance. Hoping the fells can see a good douse of snow Friday, for what could be an excellent winter walking weekend.

• Like 9

Posted
4 hours ago, Rush2019 said:

Nice pics.  I see you caught the plugholes on overflow, not witnessed it myself, I believe the noise is quite deafening.  Macc Forest and Alderley Edge I imagine would have been heaving today too, such a perfect walking day.

Thanks, it's definitely worth checking out when there's not many people around (usually early mornings) as it makes quite a noise heard as far as 1/4 mile away, the sound is almost the same as 'white noise' static on a TV set to the highest volume. Plenty of spray to be had too if the wind is funnelling down the valley from the SW so spare waterproofs are recommended if trekking to the observation deck 🙂

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Horizontal Drizzle - Nice Blizzards
3 hours ago, SnowThunder said:

H3fOFuI.png

Trying to decide when is the best time to go for the first run of the year in this 😧

First row of the year maybe? 🤷🏼

• Like 6

Posted

This rain 

• Like 5

Posted

That bright start to the day fizzled out.   It's been a filthy wet night.

• Like 5

Posted
35 minutes ago, Scuba steve said:

Horrible out ,wife’s looking through window if this carries on ill have to let her in 👍

Aww bless her how long has she been out 😂

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Thunderstorms
45 minutes ago, Scuba steve said:

Horrible out ,wife’s looking through window if this carries on ill have to let her in 👍

🤣🤣🤣

45 minutes ago, Scuba steve said:

Have you not got a shed? Bit tight not keeping her dry like.

• Like 6