Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Northwest Weather Discussion - Dec 2023 onwards

Posted
2 minutes ago, I Cumbria Marra I said:

Possibly 1cm here before it started raining couple hours ago, all going now😫, looking at the radar for the last 12 hours we were quite lucky to even get anything, looks like most of cumbria missed out

Still more than what I got but I feel your pain really.

At least you should have some snow covered hills nearby I suspect by tomorrow morning at least, may even consider a visit to Cumbria just too hopefully see some significant snow on the ground it's that desperate! 

• Like 6

Posted

Not going to lie since I moved to the centre 2 years ago I sort of stopped loving snow as It never settled, In fact seen as the rent has been increased by £400 we are looking to move some where in the high peak, so Im sure that will change again.

But I am amazed to see actual snow in the centre part from 2010 I don't think I've seen it since. 

Looks like as a regional event we have done pretty well!! woo

• Like 5

Posted

Well the sun is out now .just been the shop for some porridge and milk and bread.was nice to get out in it whilst it lasted.at a guess id say two inches fell here.looking out my window and the thaw has begun .snow falling from the trees around me .was really nice to see though makes everywhere magical parents taking their kids to school pulled on sledges.lovely to see.

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, icy, snowy etc

We lived round the corner in 2010 when we had the last decent snow; we got a bit in 2018 but it didn't last long...

So this is the best since Winter 2010/2011

It's sitting so well on the trees in the woods behind us and on the hedge at the bottom of our garden as you go into the woods

image.thumb.png.172783718d08ec98b5b1552f47589aa5.png

Best looked at full size but think this website compresses the pics too unfortunately 

• Like 5

Posted
21 minutes ago, Dan B said:

Snow's come back harder here currently...

My feeble attempt before I got too cold 😂

image.thumb.png.b13b28d6687c3b84195d6f659d2a0148.png

Will get the cars cleared and moved around after so the BMWs out to take me to hospital tomorrow; it's the car with winter tyres on thankfully!

snowfyF31.thumb.jpeg.4d28e6eee54433b500f5351044852bdd.jpeg

Great snowman 🙂

My Granddaughter decided I needed to upgrade the car a couple of years ago. Not sure the Silver Lady fooled anyone.

20201229_111847.jpg

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any extreme weather conditions
3 minutes ago, Taylorthesnowman said:

Well the sun is out now .just been the shop for some porridge and milk and bread.was nice to get out in it whilst it lasted.at a guess id say two inches fell here.looking out my window and the thaw has begun .snow falling from the trees around me .was really nice to see though makes everywhere magical parents taking their kids to school pulled on sledges.lovely to see.

What part of Mossley Hill are you. I am hoping my 3 Yr old twin grandsons can play in it, they have never snow before

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, warm weather not too hot, floods, storms

Coming down really fast here now!!!

Heaviest I've seen so far!!

Edited by pip22
  • Like 7

Posted
Just now, Jan said:

What part of Mossley Hill are you. I am hoping my 3 Yr old twin grandsons can play in it, they have never snow before

I'm pretty much by the station .elmsley road .round the corner from the rose of mossley pub.plenty of snow at the minute but it'll melt rapidly I'd imagine as the sun is shining now and it is all falling off the trees.hope they get to have a play in the snow 🤞

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme.
1 hour ago, Chris.R said:

Thumping it down.

Just woke up to a nice surprise on my day off! Today I’m not overly green about Rossendale. And it’s still falling…..just!

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales
4 minutes ago, Geordiesnow said:

Still more than what I got but I feel your pain really.

At least you should have some snow covered hills nearby I suspect by tomorrow morning at least, may even consider a visit to Cumbria just too hopefully see some significant snow on the ground it's that desperate! 

Yeh if it wasnt raining and melting already i wouldnt be complaining because a lot of years we dont even see anything at all, so 1cm is actually pretty good here😂. Hopefully some snow on the western fells, only thing is the roads are always awful up there.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, warm weather not too hot, floods, storms

Now its gone lighter.

• Like 5

Posted

Pano shot out over the woods at the back of the house

image.thumb.png.4d983acaa50d9e8f10dbedf7fddee922.png

• Like 5

Posted

Great to see so many folk have got snow this morning. Lots more to come too before the will it/won't it temporary switch to rain/ sleet. Up to 30mm here and -1.5c. Dp now rapidly catching up with slowly rising air temp.

20240116_090453.jpg

• Like 6

Posted

Just woken up to a nice fresh covering of snow around town and on the hills with around 2cm (estimated by sight) settled on surfaces which is more than I was expecting to see. No major traffic issues to report as of yet.

• Like 4

Posted

It’s interesting that this morning’s video forecast from the Met Office is still saying ‘some uncertainty over where the heaviest snow will be’. So it is essentially impossible to forecast snow in any kind of detail, which puts those 10 day snow accumulation chart’s into some context.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All
6 minutes ago, Sun dog said:

Great snowman 🙂

My Granddaughter decided I needed to upgrade the car a couple of years ago. Not sure the Silver Lady fooled anyone.

20201229_111847.jpg

Looks like a dashcam freeze frame as you hit the snowman. 

• Like 4

Posted
7 minutes ago, Sun dog said:

Great snowman 🙂

20201229_111847.jpg

Haha I like it 😂

• Like 3

Posted

Belting it down in ormskirk still. Marginality can’t be far away though. The radar is incredible.

• Like 5

Posted

I just want to say, how happy I am for all in this group. All the time we spend show chasing and talking about it, this morning means the most to us. I appreciate that some of us (not all unfortunately) have got what we deserve. Oh, and we are the most respectful when it comes to the Mod discussion as we don't post about our region there unlike a lot of the southerners. 

Keep up the great work everyone. 

• Like 9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy weather

Seems to be clouding over again

• Like 6

Posted

Not much snow at all N of Garstang.  Pretty heavy snow falling between Preston and Garstang but N of that theres virtually nothing on the ground at all. 

Edited by Snow free zone
  • Like 4