Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Northwest Weather Discussion - Dec 2023 onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms. Pleasantly warm summers but no heat.

Getting my skin some much needed UV exposure and vitamin d. What a pleasantly warm day it's been. 🙂. If it's like this all summer I'd be happy. Maybe some thunder thrown in though to spice it up a bit. 👍

• Like 8

Posted
Posted (edited)

23.1c today hottest day of year in Glossopia (well my back garden)… preparing curry.. paste made… two scotch bonnets and two bullet chillies 🧄🫚🌿turmeric, garam masala, peppers, star anis, green cardamom, white wine vinegar, medium chilli powder, 

🌶️ 🌶️🌶️🌶️ 🥵 🤣😂

IMG_9109.jpeg

Edited by WillinGlossop
  • Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All weather

Plagued with mist until 3 ish and 13 c cleared now and temperatures responding 

• Like 7

Posted

weatherobsuk   Nice pics, it certainly lifts the mood getting out amongst the greenery and nature, my tent has arrived, I've gone for the Terra Nova Helm compact 2, will need a few practise set ups in my daughters garden cos I've no grass 😅

@Dark Horse  Looks to be some interest for a bit of T and L Sunday, early days yet, love a good storm.  ( but not in a tent )

• Like 8

Posted
Posted (edited)

Curry in Not such a hurry 😂🤣 lamb vindaloo in the garden… more evenings like this please 🙏  Now for watering plant pots and lighting fire pit 🔥 

IMG_9111.jpeg

IMG_9110.jpeg

IMG_9112.jpeg

Edited by WillinGlossop
  • Like 9

Posted

I'm off to Munich on Sunday for a few days and hoping to keep up with the high pressure that's currently sitting over us whilst you lot have low pressure from the West and perhaps some thunder and lightning to put up with.

• Like 8

Posted

This is the weather to die for at this time of the year high teens/low 20's, low humidity, the sun gaining confidence throughout the day after a cloudy start.  Countryside in full bloom...getting it's act together after a chilly wet April.  Just need to make the most of the next few days before we reset to default early next week.

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

After an hour doing a bit of work in the garden and chilli and rice for tea, for the first time this year I’m sat in the conservatory while my missus is having her nightly dose of Emmerdale.

she’s obviously ok with the constant reminder that there are scenes of violence that some viewers might find upsetting.

surely by now those of a nervous disposition would have seen enough scenes of upsetting violence to turn over and watch something a bit less stressful 

anyway the end of another glorious day, the sort that we could only dream of having a couple of weeks ago and there’s a fair chance of at least two, possibly three more before things go downhill once again.

what’s not to like, apart from Emmerdale of course.

maybe time to open a 🍺 or 🍺🍺

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

find it boring, is Kim Tate still in? know her more as wing governor of Larkhall, Karen Betts

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All weather

iand61 finally finished patio today next jobs 180 m2 of new turf and 14 ton of fine topsoil to screed for turf then  boom party time 😂

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All

WillinGlossop it will certainly be a firepit when nature calls later.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All

WillinGlossop Your location sounds like its appearing in a soap opera.  Runaway vans, car crashes, house fires... what next.?

• Like 5

Posted

Had Worse hopefully Glossopia will be calmer on our return 🙏🤞👌☀️ ps I’m still not sure what’s going on across the road… at least there no sirens 🚨 unless that’s worse for the scenario? 😂🤣🙈🙈

• Like 5

Posted

WillinGlossop  Very pretty, hopefully there will be many dry nights for you to sit outside and enjoy it all.

Lovely clear skies, not had that many at all at nighttime.  Really getting me in the mood for Noctilucent cloud watching. 🙂

20240509_214213.jpg

• Like 4

Posted

Morning.  Breached 13°C at 7am, sky overcast again but no mist on the tops.  Some Southern parts of the region could reach 23°C  today, personally an ideal temp for me.  Need the sun to burn off this early morning cloud again.  Rostherne yesterday max was 21.2° and recorded a 5th day without rain. 🌞🙂🌞  13.7°C currently.

• Like 4

Posted

Fingers crossed for clear skies this evening into early tomorrow morning, a G4 'severe' Geomagnetic storm is forecast by NOAA to directly impact Earth and would give some spectacular Aurora displays seen as far south as Spain, i'll be heading up the M6 and away from the city lights of Manchester to somewhere a bit quiet off the road around the Yorkshire/Lakes area.

• Like 6

Posted

Noticeable how warm it was overnight in our upstairs bedrooms compared with downstairs and just a couple of weeks ago throughout the house. Nice to have the warm weather at last but not so nice if it starts to hinder overnight rest so early in the season.  

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

WRF Says yes to convective action this evening and overnight. Not trusting it too much though; it was wrong last week. Still nice that  the chance is there.

• Like 5

Posted
Posted (edited)

MetO warning for storms on Sunday covering here and a lot of the west.

image.thumb.png.82036b21e1e83bcc778cc31f8c6c2078.png

My son and I are off to Eryri for the weekend, hoping to climb some routes on Tryfan. Tomorrow looks like a sparkling day, hope the showers hold off on Sunday until we're on the drive home.

Edited by alr1970
  • Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms. Pleasantly warm summers but no heat.

weatherobsuk I guess this is a good time to have surge protection on your electronic equipment.

• Like 5

Posted

Much cloudier today ..

Bit more of a breeze too, still pleasant but yesterday was much better locally.

• Like 6