Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Midlands regional discussion - Winter 23/24

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave
21 minutes ago, Metwatch said:

Interesting to see what heavier objects you can be able to put on it once Friday comes. Some quite cold nights coming up!

I did put various object on it early December and got about 23 likes on Facebook, so see what I can do 😎

20231201_122549.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
3 hours ago, Gord said:

Indeed...the mild sector is making itself known across the northwest now according to reports.

At least they started the day well though.

But yeah...a forgettable and fairly typical January cold spell for us down here. It's only notable because it has followed an awful very wet period over Christmas and New Year...and I guess it's also notable because of the possiblities that were there leading up to it. But the Met Office always talked about likely and unlikely scenarios, which is different from certain. And the forecasts have been accurate from around last Friday onwards for here...so far anyway. So nothing lost really I guess. Still need a mini grumble though!

Clouding over from the north now. I guess that's another frosty night down the pan tonight. But need to make most of the dry weather before the mudmakers return at the weekend.

westerly/SW'lys are very snowy for places like Cumbria, SK4, Manchester area, useless for midlands, chance of a few flurries next 3 nights, before the warmth arrives Saturday 20th

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)
23 minutes ago, stewfox said:

I did put various object on it early December and got about 23 likes on Facebook, so see what I can do 😎

20231201_122549.jpg

Lol 15mm copper with an push fit end cap isn’t very heavy enough to break the ice if you ask me 🤣

I was on a job in Redditch today and my client had a hot tub with the cover off and it had at least an inch thick of ice cover, if I remember I’ll take a pic tomorrow 😉

Edited by Dancerwithwings
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, heat, sunshine, hail. Basically Seasonal.

Few showers moving in from Wales into Shropshire, but most likely they'll fizzle out. 

I'm still (somehow) hopeful of something 🙂

Edited by CoventryWeather
  • Like 1

Posted
31 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

westerly/SW'lys are very snowy for places like Cumbria, SK4, Manchester area, useless for midlands, chance of a few flurries next 3 nights, before the warmth arrives Saturday 20th

Yeah, it does take something exceptional to get snow in here from that direction. I remember snow arriving from the west in December 2010...but that really was a rare month.

Like I said, we've known since that low trended south that we'd have minimal chances this week. There'll be other times, either this winter or one in the future.

Posted

Are there any models showing any streamers or showers in the next couple of days?!looked like we were in with a chance on yesterdays 12zs!!🤦‍♂️

21 minutes ago, sheikhy said:

Are there any models showing any streamers or showers in the next couple of days?!looked like we were in with a chance on yesterdays 12zs!!🤦‍♂️

Nope all seem to have vanished but surprises can pop up. The streamers havent exactly been streamers for us going west to east. 

Case of watching and waiting and opening the morning curtains to see what happens. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
51 minutes ago, sheikhy said:

Nope all over really for this week's chances. And looking at the model output any future opportunity be 10-14+ days away. At least we get the nicer summers 🫣😂☀️

• Thanks 1

Posted

The next few day time maxes are certainly looking  🥶🥶🥶

image.thumb.gif.52357721a3441d2e46914a45b7dc04c7.gifimage.thumb.gif.7d42a2ffbf7770e2526a96dd9a639f79.gifimage.thumb.gif.3ec0a9ade9cde79ec37898c4b5e0cd45.gif

wind chill Thursday morning brrrr 🥶

image.thumb.gif.524399c7e7ff240c043a0e2b9d5ccc0e.gif

Edited by Dancerwithwings
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Thunderstorms☃⛈

Cold Week Ahead - 15 January 2024 Time-Lapse

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal (but not excessive heat); love cold winters!
49 minutes ago, Dancerwithwings said:

The next few day time maxes are certainly looking  🥶🥶🥶

image.thumb.gif.52357721a3441d2e46914a45b7dc04c7.gifimage.thumb.gif.7d42a2ffbf7770e2526a96dd9a639f79.gifimage.thumb.gif.3ec0a9ade9cde79ec37898c4b5e0cd45.gif

wind chill Thursday morning brrrr 🥶

image.thumb.gif.524399c7e7ff240c043a0e2b9d5ccc0e.gif

Love it, more please!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted

Live Radar atm is up all up north, we may see a potential flurry in the early hours 

Our hope’s last week of the buried action that was forecasted tomorrow is something that we are truly used to….and as we all know that went out of the window

I must say with my passion ❄️❄️❄️ it’ll never stop me from enjoying my time with my fellow coldies looking for a flake or a foot …..🥴🤗

YES the chase is still on, as for now, just a gentle reminder all 🫡

its still mid January 🥶🤭

image.thumb.gif.e1b48f75eb486e7ffff9982de42ce13a.gif

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Posted
3 hours ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

Doesn’t look warm Saturday maybe less cold 

IMG_3215.png

Posted
34 minutes ago, Dancerwithwings said:

Live Radar atm is up all up north, we may see a potential flurry in the early hours 

Our hope’s last week of the buried action that was forecasted tomorrow is something that we are truly used to….and as we all know that went out of the window

I must say with my passion ❄️❄️❄️ it’ll never stop me from enjoying my time with my fellow coldies looking for a flake or a foot …..🥴🤗

YES the chase is still on, as for now, just a gentle reminder all 🫡

its still mid January 🥶🤭

image.thumb.gif.e1b48f75eb486e7ffff9982de42ce13a.gif

There’s always hope ❄️👌🏼

• Like 2

Posted
3 hours ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

Nan's 99th birthday, love snow but don't mind this chart for my cool trip to Lichfield/King's Bromley

image.thumb.png.6b540079628b44712ec9b00ac36733ab.png

You certainly won't require a winter coat on your trip!! 😉

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, heat, sunshine, hail. Basically Seasonal.

Dusting of nothingness this morning. 

• Like 2

Posted

Its been a seriously dissapointing winter so far man!there no 2 ways about it!!all the forecasts for cold and snow out the window lol!!no surprise to me to be fair!!!

• Like 1

Posted
6 minutes ago, MattStoke said:

4 snowfalls here so far this winter. Well below average.

Its just pathetic mate!!we got more snowfalls during the winters in the late 90s early 2000s lol!!!i havent had a good snowfall since january 2021!!!thats 3 years now!!!terrible😭!!!

Posted

11 years today when my dad died 

❄️❄️❄️❄️ he knew how much myself and my sister loved the snow & he certainly sent the snow that day ♥️

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted
10 minutes ago, sheikhy said:

Its just pathetic mate!!we got more snowfalls during the winters in the late 90s early 2000s lol!!!i havent had a good snowfall since january 2021!!!thats 3 years now!!!terrible😭!!!

Should move to Stoke 😅 4 inches of snow back at the start of December. Average is falling, though. In 7 years, I’ve only seen one winter where we reached the historic local average of 20 days of snowfall and snow cover.

• Thanks 1