Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Scottish weather discussion - Spring 2023/24

Norrance

Posted

Wasn't expecting it to be so frosty today. Was like an ice rink first thing and the frost hasn't lifted all day. Below freezing and feeling so much more seasonal than yesterday. Sadly tomorrow looks like a horror show 🫣

• Like 8
  • Insightful 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,high winds, thunderstorms, extreme weather

Sheet ice here at minus 3 hopeful but not entirely convinced we will the snow tomorrow but certainly cold enough now. As others have noted nice halo around the moon.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Posted

A little windy with heavy sleet, looks like it's pretty close to being snow with the amount of ice  running down the window. 

Lots of now on some of the higher roads looking at the cams. M74 at beattock currently covered which is well south of the warning area although I guess will be expected to turn to rain soon. 

Edited by Ross B
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Posted

Well, Gerrit has wall and truly arrived in the far south west. Constant heavy rain and wind. I'm having to drive home today for work tomorrow and not looking forward to it, have to go round small coastal A roads and then up the A77. Hope it dies down even a little later on!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

Way too dark to tell for certain but it sounds very rainlike rattling off the bedroom window in the strong wind. Local weather station said 2.4C around 6:30am but has dropped off to 1.6C currently. Doubt I'll be going anywhere today, the dog will have to content herself indoors. We'll see tomorrow if its stayed snow further up the hill. 

Edited by Ravelin
  • Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

Temperature creeping down, now 1.2C, with wind strength going up. Now wet snow battering off the front windows of the house. If only it'd been a degree or two colder then this would have been a truely awesome blizzard. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers Snowy Winters Stormy Autumns

what 101 said, just been out to sort some garden furniture etc and it is wild.... dogs won't be going far today 

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

I've been watching the traffic cam at Drumochter this morning and notice something really odd. The time stamp changes quite frequently, but the image stays the same. 

• Like 4