Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Scottish weather discussion - Spring 2023/24

Norrance

Posted

About 1.5cm of snow added to the total here this evening.

I suspect the kids will get their wish of a snow day from school tomorrow at this rate.

Temperature has risen since teatime from -3.5c to the current -1.8c.

• Like 7
  • Insightful 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW

Blizzard conditions again.. so much more to come if the radar is correct...❄️❄️🥶🥶🍾🍾🥳🎊🎉

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

It's certainly not going to be as cold as last night here, temp hovering around -1.7C, but compensated by the snow falling. No idea exactly how much but the driveway is covered again, probably a cm or two. Stood at the back door and what is falling at the moment is really fine grained stuff, the snow equivalent of heavy drizzle. Blowing around a bit too, which could cause even more problems. 

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter Sun in summer

Somewhere on a line between Keith and Aboyne must be seeing big totals of snow falling this evening. 

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

The question that I am asking just before heading to bed is can that blob heading due South towards Angus make it through to here. Just the Sidlaws in the way shortly.

IMG_2635.png

edit. The lighter blue patch just to the South of the main area has reached here and is giving me light snow right now so hoping for a bit more from the following larger area of precipitation. 

Edited by Norrance
  • Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers Snowy Winters Stormy Autumns

hee haw made it here.... bet the rain on Sunday makes it 😁

• Like 4

Posted

Up for a pee, can't get back to sleep. Looks like a few cms fallen. Checks radar...aaargh...are radars down?

Edit- think it's overuse on my phone 🤪 looks like caught a wee bit here but things not looking too exciting for the city and all fizzling out or missing. Looks like further inland done much better, and NW looks like still getting battered!! Looking forward to some updates in morning!👍👍

Edited by thebigyin
  • Like 5

Posted
21 hours ago, Hawesy said:

Met Office whispering in my ear: Becoming cloudier across northern and eastern parts overnight with a few snow showers for Angus and Fife.

Not buying it of course! 😊

Glad I didn’t because it’s remained completely dry of course. 😃

Not as cold here this morning. -1.1c

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/Thunderstorms

Ok I spoke too soon it’s -15°C again. 😂

IMG_7916.thumb.jpeg.97fe48e051ba759a3bd488a370c5e474.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Posted
56 minutes ago, thebigyin said:

Wish I'd woken half an hour later...looks like we caught a heavy one. Temp -3c/-3c. Temps dropping away rapidly now. 

What’s it like in Aberdeen??? Trying to decide whether I go into work or just take a snow day!  A90 is a joke again as are the local roads here. 

• Like 4

Posted
16 minutes ago, jon_d1983 said:

What’s it like in Aberdeen??? Trying to decide whether I go into work or just take a snow day!  A90 is a joke again as are the local roads here. 

I would guess there has been a couple of cm overnight and roads will range from mostly clear on the main routes to snow covered in the side roads. My road is completely white, although to be fair it has been completely covered since Monday. At least it smooths out the potholes for the moment!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Posted
59 minutes ago, jon_d1983 said:

yeah, as doc says.  I am heading in but giving it an hour or so to let things settle down a bit.  Some side roads are a disaster.

Edited by thebigyin
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

The temperature dropped below zero here around 9am on Sunday and hasn't got above freezing since, so that's coming up for 96 straight hours now. Currently -3.0C. As I'm 'working from home' today I'll get out and measure the snow depth in a bit. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Posted
46 minutes ago, thebigyin said:

yeah, as doc says.  I am heading in but giving it an hour or so to let things settle down a bit.  Some side roads are a disaster.

Im Taking a wfh day. Cars getting stuck on slip road to a90 and it’s blocked so just staying at hame lol 

• Like 6