Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Northwest Weather Discussion - Dec 2023 onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Iceaxecrampon go back 25/30 years and the town was packed on Easter Saturday.

Still gets busy but a fair few of the pubs on the route have closed now not that I could ever manage the tradition of a pint in every one.

these days I’d be lucky to just get around the town centre ones.

• Like 6

Posted

A very showery late afternoon and evening so far, not very spring like. Tiring of this damp feeling.

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Lovely start to the day in the sense that it’s not raining and the sun is increasingly poking through the haze.

still a bit of mist of the tops but this looks to be burning back and given that it’s still early, a decent day for anything outdoor looks to be on the cards.

a morning of decorating for me and then the rest of the day is mine and if the weather holds, a few beers and a bit of watching traditional Lancashire clog dancing, not that I’ll be doing any of that myself but I’ll help with the beer drinking if asked😂

whatever you are up to, enjoy.

• Like 7

Posted

Sparkling start and only a very light breeze.    A good day for the Coconutters,  Ian.

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frosty nights, thunderstorms and the odd gale

Yes, a glorious start to the day here too and shaping up to be a decent couple of days ahead. Good timing for the bulk of the bank holiday weekend. 

@iand61Not a single clog in in sight for me this weekend, but I'll do my best to participate in the beer consumption later after a day of decorating 😁

Edited by severe snowstorm
Spelling
  • Like 7

Posted

Beautiful start, dazzled by the sun out feeding the birds.  Pleasant 8.2°C (8.30am), and the radar is looking ' day out' friendly at the moment.  What is everybody up to?   Enjoy your day. ☀️😁☀️

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Enjoy the weather, you can't take it with you 😎

Rush2019 same here!☺

• Like 5

Posted

My prediction of 2 decent days and 2 average looks very plausible. and the best combo Sat and Sun look set to be the decent ones. By the end of Monday given how unsettled its been, many I suspect won't be grumbling about how easter panned out. A weather fine window just in time for easter, the wind and rain back on Tuesday. We've struck lucky.

With that a day for the fells I feel!

• Like 8

Posted

Blue skies sunny ☀️ can feel the warmth of the sun out of the breeze… bacon 🥓 butties 🥪 then potting on some baskets 🌷 💐 🧑‍🌾 🪴

Then this afternoon catching train 🚂 to Manchesterford… popping to a few shops then china town for a friends birthday celebrating with teppanyaki… 

Enjoy whatever you’re upto peeps ☀️🐣😎🤩

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All weather

What a lovely day need I say more 😊

• Like 7

Posted

*Stormforce~beka* not sure if we allow people from the southern hemisphere in here 😂

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Posted

Yep pretty decent weather for two days at least, not bad considering how showery it's been in the previous few days.  Chilly start but the sun is gaining strength all the time.  Green shoots sprouting forth on the garden hedges and hawthorns about to announce their arrival.  Cherry blossoms already in on the act.  Although spring could still be on hold for most of next week, it will god willing eventually explode into life, in hopefully my favourite of all months.... May!

Edited by dodge
  • Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frosty nights, thunderstorms and the odd gale

Well, a day of painting walls and ceiling has reminded me why I never took up painting and decorating as a career 😂

Glorious weather today, shame I've been stuck inside, but jobs won't do themselves unfortunately.

• Like 5

Posted

*Stormforce~beka*  lol, it’s pretty long though thankfully not that wide 😂

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Posted

Scuba steve job done. We're here and the mil is moaning already. Business as usual. Put myself under the duvet as I have a mega headache.

• Like 6

Posted

severe snowstorm same here.

gave up at about 2pm but that’s after a 7am start so not a bad effort on a day that was better suited to outdoor jobs.

Managed a couple of afternoon beers but couldn’t be bothered with any more so back home again now but even though I could easily do a bit more wall papering, with my eyes and the beer, I think it’s better left until tomorrow.

• Like 6

Posted

Perfect weather for a couple of hours out.  Max of 14.4°C and the sun was out all day.  Got to see some lambs up close at Wildboarclough.  Didn't walk much, fields like mud baths.

20240330_135447.jpg

20240330_135256.jpg

20240330_133511.jpg

• Like 8

Posted

It's been a lovely sunny calm DRY day.  Max 13.2C. 

Picked up 12.8mm this morning for previous 24hrs.  Hoping nothing more in the pot by tomorrow. Fields boggy and with pools of lying water. Ditches gurgling.

Spent the day checking field boundaries.   Depressing to see so much weather damage, with hedges and trees blown down and some crashed through fences, roots loosened very likely with all the rain.  Planted up some gaps with young thorn and holly.  Hoping the wild deer don't notice them.   Hoping we stay cool and showery for several days so the plants get established.  Always a risk that weather can switch and we have a long dry and increasingly hot spell.  April is out driest month.

Shletered roadside blackthorn coming out  🙂  and an empty KFC tub hestling at its foot. 🙁

• Like 7

Posted

Well it was really nice and extremely rare to drive up the country and find the weather the same here as at home! It was lovely!

• Like 5