Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Northwest Weather Discussion - Dec 2023 onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

Way better than forecast. That high is hanging on for dear life today. Never the less, copious amounts of strong mid-spring sunshine, a light breeze & temps around average. A welcome day after yesterday. 

• Like 7

Posted
1 hour ago, Backtrack said:

Way better than forecast. That high is hanging on for dear life today. Never the less, copious amounts of strong mid-spring sunshine, a light breeze & temps around average. A welcome day after yesterday. 

Here in South Manchester it was mainly cloudy all morning.  A cold breeze too.  Spent 5 hours jet-washing the patio.  I had wellies on but my feet were freezing.  Typically the sun came out as I was packing everything away........

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Probably more cloud than sun here in the end; Especially this afternoon when sun has been at a premium. A cold wind has sprung up again. Not brilliant but okay.

Edited by Chris.R
  • Like 7

Posted

moochops   Yes, I've managed a few hours out tidying up outside, been moss scraping, it's all over everything, ornaments, tubs, sides of walls.  Need a good back rub now.  4 days now April has produced a dry day that is usable.  Brightness came late afternoon.

Pink moon tonight, named by N Americans, pink because of a wild pink flower called phlox covering  the ground, indicative that spring has sprung.

• Like 6

Posted
13 minutes ago, Rush2019 said:

Yes, I've managed a few hours out tidying up outside, been moss scraping, it's all over everything, ornaments, tubs, sides of walls.  Need a good back rub now. 

Not just me then.  That moss is everywhere.  Tough stuff too.  

Can't help you with the back rub, sorry 🙂 

• Like 5

Posted

It turned out okay in the end, still cool & breezy with some light showers across the Eastern Moors when I was having a short wander around the Bronze-Age relics at Barbrook but this Western side of the Peak District has gotten more of the sunshine for the day.

BarbrookII.thumb.jpg.d87509c62a24c5937aa7c3b76db575ed.jpg

• Like 8

Posted
15 minutes ago, moochops said:

Can't help you with the back rub, sorry 🙂 

I've  had a stiff cup of tea and a couple of  nurofen,  done the trick.😆

• Like 5

Posted

Cloudy and glimpses of sun this morning… cloudier in poynton and Cheadle Hulme this lunchtime but sunny ☀️ since 3pm when we got back home… even being away Friday to yesterday can noticeably see the amount of growth in plant pots and vegetation over last four days… 

chilly mornings and felt warmer in the sunshine today despite the breeze…  is it actually going to stay dry until Sunday??? ☀️☀️☀️

• Like 6

Posted
2 minutes ago, WillinGlossop said:

is it actually going to stay dry until Sunday???

No.

• Like 4

Posted

Rush2019 I didn’t but my nieces work colleague and friend did… she cheered her on from three spots… we met up with my niece afterwards and said she’d completed it in a good time… saw lots of peeps that had run it afterwards..  

Stayed in Marylebone and had good walk around Little Venice and Camden Sunday…had lovely brunch around corner from where we stayed called cafe leville on the Regents canal 

Ukv can do one 😂🤣

Edited by WillinGlossop
  • Like 6

Posted

Rush2019 Thought it was just us covered in moss!  Never seen so much.   Anything that hasn't moved has got thickly coated by this spring.

• Like 6

Posted

Grand dry day.   Swallows back chattering excitedly on electric wires.  Theres's plenty of insects already due to the wetness.  I fear a plague of midges this year.

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

0.6 mm rain over night from a little feature in the early hours. WRF had been showing that for awhile. It's done well this year with the mesoscale.

• Like 5

Posted

Cold feel to start the day was 5°C  6am.  Blue sky and broken cloud, looks clearer to the east. Yesterday max was 12.7°C.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Ice

Overnight low of -1.6c, ground frost noticeable until sunrise. All tops clear and sunny intervals. Feeling pleasant in the sunshine.

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All weather

A lovely day April day couldn’t ask for more 😀

• Like 5

Posted

Not a bad day but a lot of cloud still. Sunny intervals  rather at a premium again especially this afternoon.

Max 11.7°C.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frosty nights, thunderstorms and the odd gale

A decent couple of days here after the damp weather on Monday. Depressed temperatures for the time of year, but pleasant enough in sunny breaks, reached 11.6C today.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

A lovely day although still a nagging cool feel to things.

at least it’s dry though so probably worth cutting the grass before things no doubt deteriorate towards the weekend.

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Cut the grass on Sunday, cut it again today although with the blade set a notch lower and I’ve took as much off now as I did last time around.

at least it looks more like a lawn and less like a upland meadow now but the sooner it dries out and growth slows down the easier it gets.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Northeasterly Blizzard and sub zero temperatures.

iand61Believe it or not, I cut my grass last on 30th March which was incredibly early in these parts but it was so warm then and grass sprouting! Now today, currently -2.4 c with a deep covering of snow for the past 4/5 days. Forecast to warm up over the coming weekend.

438721876_833937128751379_7984683004485978174_n.jpg

• Like 6