Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Northwest Weather Discussion - Dec 2023 onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All

Frosty roofs this morning but the best bit, it's sunny and dry.

20240426_064704.jpg

Edited by Had Worse
  • Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Minimum of 0.9°C here.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All weather

Frosty start and sunshine,friend who lives in Kelso says they have a little snow 

• Like 5

Posted

I came back from a very cold and blowy North Yorkshire last night. A heavy shower as I came round the south side of Manchester but had cleared by the time I arrived home. A lovely start to today and, unlike North Yorkshire, no cold wind to peg the temperatures later. Fingers crossed for the washing outside.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

Lovely morning. A light frost to start. It’s crazy that we’re forecast showers today from an easterly wind, the flow is light. In winter, any kind of easterly setup doesn’t produce as the Pennines gobble up absolutely everything. 

Hopefully the forecasts are wrong (as they so often are) and we can stay dry & sunny as you’d expect from an easterly this side of the Pennines. 

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Remember in winter showers have to survive all the way from the north Sea as they don't develop over land but now they are developing over land instead so can start much closer to us.

• Like 6

Posted

A chilly start to the morning in Buxton as the temperature overnight dropped down to -0.4'c and DCC were proactive in laying some grit down on the main roads before sunrise in anticipation of potential ice, I was hearing the 'clinks' against the car and it wasn't until the ice-warning came on the dashboard that I put two+two together. Currently at 9.9'c although it's still feeling bitterly cold out there.

• Like 6

Posted

Cumbria cold pole synoptics, light northerly drift and cold uppers overhead recipe for freezing nights. Shap as low as -6.2 degrees. These are the synoptics that in winter would deliver ice days and widespread double digit minus mins. Alas its late April. 

Despite lots of sun out there, the air is notably cold. 

• Like 7

Posted

Sunny morning clouded up a little but when sun is out you can feel the strength this time of year… couple of hours gardening… walked into town first thing… getting over 24-48 hour lurgy I most likely caught in Londonford on Sunday/monday… do it all again in two weeks time…going to Fulham game ⚽⚽⚽⚽

• Like 5

Posted

Stayed mainly dry, bar a few blobs of rain this afternoon. The sun (when it appears) plus the lack of wind means that it feels a lot warmer than it was in North Yorkshire where I was located over the past few days.

Edited by A Face like Thunder
  • Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

If I don’t get early finish Friday timed just right and I hit the school traffic then my 20 minute drive home can take 50 minutes and today was one of them but managed it and with typical April weather.

dry and sunny mixed with the briefest of heavy showers and even a bit of hail mixed in.

nice again now though with a bit of warmth in the sunshine but coolish in the shade.

hopefully we’ll miss the weekends threat of rain and it will maintain the same track that it would if it was mid winter and snow forecast.

• Like 6

Posted

Windermere rain shield, can see lots of green and yellow on radar all around me, and showers in the air, yet we are still dry, only a matter of time before heavens open possibly.

Its a chilly 10 degrees, another widespread air frost tonight . Turning into a notably frosty cold spell.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All

WillinGlossop This is you in action against those mother £uc*a Crows

Will Hard.png

• Like 5

Posted

Had Worse 🤣😂🙈🙈

well they’re definitely not nesting in our loft this year 👌👍

Some really pretty rhododendron flowers out at the moment in garden… cut a few to put about the house…  before pretty much constant showers of hail/rain/graupel… temp dropped from 8/9c to 5/6c… again felt warm in sun this morning & afternoon before showers came.., 

IMG_9055.jpeg

Edited by WillinGlossop
  • Like 5

Posted

Well im not quite sure how we are missing the showers, Ive run the radar past 2-3 hrs and by slim margins we've stayed dry. Im always perplexed how convection builds out of nowhere, how showers can fizzle in situ as they approach but then 2 miles down the road a mass of convection builds. Its that kind of set up. The chaos of weather. Believe it or not we are on our 7th consecutive day of trace rain, must have been one of driest places last 7 days. 

Edited by damianslaw
  • Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frosty nights, thunderstorms and the odd gale

Chucking it down here right now, the showers don't seem to be 'isolated' and 'mostly over the Pennines' as the met office suggest...

It's been a dry day until now. A frosty start, thick layer of ice on the car this morning which required quite a bit of scraping, overnight low was 0.2C. 

Edited by severe snowstorm
  • Like 5

Posted

damianslaw Me too.  Supposed tp be raining accordimg to radar.  I leep checking but though cold and gloomy it's dry.  Had a decent almost dry week plus some sunshine.  🙂

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All weather

Odd spots of rain now though not expecting much 

• Like 4

Posted

Minimum of just 3.3°C here and it was above 5°C until 4 am. Not quite as cold as I expected.

Edited by Chris.R
  • Like 5

Posted

Dark cloud all round Macc yesterday, got off lightly with two convective big rain drop showers which just about wet the ground, yesterday max 11.8°C.  Bright first thing, has since clouded over, min of 2°C in the night.  

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Bright start and hopefully a dry day coming up but the forecasts are showing tomorrows rain to be worryingly close to my part of the world.

Maybe I just need to turn our local wind turbines round and see if will blow it all back onto the Yorkshire side of the Pennines although maybe it will just stop over there as it would if it was snow.🤞

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Horizontal Drizzle - Nice Blizzards

00z Friday 3rd May

There you go. 

IMG_9469.thumb.jpeg.713f59d66f618c85561b02edfc0dc5fb.jpeg

iand61 Yes. You’re on the fringe. Some large totals maybe. Us Lowland West might escape. 

• Like 9

Posted

Rush2019 ditto in Crewe. Bright enough start to the day but already clouding over. Hopefully it will stay dry today, but tomorrow, who knows in this part of the Region?!

A rarity this afternoon as Crewe Alexandra's match at Colchester is live on Sky. If only I had Sky rather than TNT. Hopefully Crewe will get the point they need to guarantee a playoff spot in L2 and I will be a happy bunny by 5pm! 

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat, thunderstorms and winter snow

Nice and bright start to the weekend, cloud amounts have increased from around 9am though still feeling cool out of any sunshine. Tomorrow could be anywhere from a total washout to bits and pieces of rain for the region. Fingers crossed for more Springlike weather from midweek onwards 18-21c a possibility into next weekend maybe woop woop if so as this year has felt like the longest & coolest early Spring since probably 2021. 

• Like 9