Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Northwest Weather Discussion - Dec 2023 onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Jan  you want to live up here, jumper and jacket can be essential wear in any month of the year😂

as for todays weather, the rain arrived on time and certainly didn’t hold back once it started with it turning into a miserable and thoroughly wet afternoon.

still not cleared through yet and I’m expecting the usual damp conditions to still be hanging around in the morning.

at least it’ll keep the frost away though.

• Like 5

Posted

Jan Still wearing at least 3 or 4 layers all over even indoors.    Michelin Man style.   So dark and wet and horrible I gave up the outdoors and had a snooze, hoping sun would be out again by tea time.   Not a glimpse anywhere.

• Like 5

Posted

A dismal day in the end, the rain was moderate to heavy for a number of hours. Cleared now, but we have low cloud cover and its quite gloomy.

Shap has had its wettest April on record so far, and we have only another 12 days to go.

April 24 will be remembered unfondly despite the warmth up until Sunday all its done is added fuel to any precipitation, we are now in a much cooler and settled spell, but any lengthy dry period looks on thin ice. 

Edited by damianslaw
  • Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

Yuk Yuk and more Yuk what a depressing outlook more rain and low temperatures.

IMG_2457.png

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Weather-history from memory the summer that followed wasn’t anything special though.

I certainly remember a lot of local cricket matches being effected by rain with a few games being abandoned without a ball being bowled.

• Like 4

Posted

Weather-history   Interesting to read "so far this month 152.9 hours of sunshine."  Depressing to see just 44.4 hours of sunshine recorded so far at Rostherne. Yesterday was their Coldest temp so far for April.

Screenshot_20240419_070115_Samsung Internet.jpg

Edited by Rush2019
Add info
  • Like 4

Posted

8.4 °C  7am.  Quite windy here making it feel  much colder, and it's raining, needed big coat on just to feed the birds. 😁

Edited by Rush2019
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All weather

Again a depressing start to the day ,post rain dampness 🤢

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, not too wet.

This high pressure then.....

It's all a cruel joke. Raining here, cold, miserable. I didn't think 2024 could be worse than 2023 but so far it's shaping up to be.

• Like 8

Posted

It's raining .

I suppose we should be thankful for the odd dry day .

I'm in my 50s and I've never seen anything like the last 6 months or so..

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All

Its actually stopped raining 🌧. 

Edit...😲 the suns coming out.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Sun's been out for ages here. Been dry for ages as well but there's obviously been some rain today as I've recorded 0.4 mm but I'm not sure when it was.

Edited by Chris.R
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

BTW 127.7 mm for the month (that's gone up a lot since I last checked), 401 mm for the year!

• Like 5

Posted

12.5mm picked up this morn for previous 24hrs.

April so far 131.7mm.  Year so far 683.1 mm.

Record wet April  measured here was 181.9mm in 1970. but that followed a very dry March and then we had a dry May and June.

Jolly bleak unless sun pops out.

Very glad I made a batch of Xmas puds just before Easter.  Still 2 left.  🙂

• Like 4

Posted

Depressingly wet last night when Mrs FLT and I had to go out. Very damp this morning but signs of it drying and brightening up, with glimpses of blue sky and a gusty wind. Hopefully it will be dry for the weekend.

• Like 4

Posted

We are eating deep into what is typically the Lake District 'drier season', its going to need a 2018 to redeem itself, but no signal for any substantive dry spell, though we are seeing much drier synoptics, heights look set to position themselves too far to the west, and we remain at the mercy of the euro trough.

Whilst not unprecedented, it would be extremely exceptional to see the wet theme hold through to June. We shall see. 1998 is a good comparison year, we did manage a long dry warm spell in May at least, the less said about the summer the better though. 

Edited by damianslaw
  • Like 6

Posted

No surprise that in a period where a dry spell is measured in hours, a dry sunny morning was spoilt by an afternoon of alternating brightness and heavy showers.

even the dry days have ended up being wet and after several days of northerly’s which would usually give nothing but gin clear skies this far inland, we have ended up with deluge after deluge.

I’m not going down the road of who is to blame for climate change and whether it’s even man made but if this is what global warming is going to give us then I need to find my receipt and see if I have been miss sold something.

anyway I just about managed to cut a length of skirting board outside between showers so it could be worse.

• Like 3

Posted

Flying spits and warm sun today,  Now a streamer from the NNW with heavy pulses of proper rain is here and ended outdoor work 🙁

• Like 3

Posted

A light shower in the middle of the day giving 0.1 mm otherwise dry with sunny intervals

• Like 3

• UK Storm and Severe Convective Forecast

UK Severe Convective & Storm Forecast - Issued 2024-05-02 07:37:13 Valid: 02/05/2024 0900 - 03/04/2024 0600 THUNDERSTORM WATCH - THURS 02 MAY 2024 Click here for the full forecast

Nick F
    Nick F
    Latest weather updates from Netweather

Risk of thunderstorms overnight with lightning and hail

Northern France has warnings for thunderstorms for the start of May. With favourable ingredients of warm moist air, high CAPE and a warm front, southern Britain could see storms, hail and lightning. Read more here

Jo Farrow
    Jo Farrow

UK Storm and Severe Convective Forecast

UK Severe Convective & Storm Forecast - Issued 2024-05-01 08:45:04 Valid: 01/05/2024 0600 - 02/03/2024 0600 SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WATCH - 01-02 MAY 2024 Click here for the full forecast

Nick F
    Nick F