Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Northwest Weather Discussion - Dec 2023 onwards

Posted

Breached 21°C here, lovely.  From clear sky to milky sky and signs of instability.  Bit more done in the garden, plants put in pots.

20240502_145410.jpg

20240502_145400.jpg

20240502_145438.jpg

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All weather

Nice day reached around 20 c with strong breeze looks downhill for tomorrow 😟

• Like 5

Posted

The NW was the place to be today for warmth.  Crosby up there 23°C.  Nice.

Screenshot_20240502_160347_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Rush2019  Yep that doesn't surprise me given that wind direction. My station there got to 22.9°C, 22.3°C here.

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All weather

We peaked at 21c ,happy days 😂

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms. Pleasantly warm summers but no heat.

Certainly warmed up in the end, people walking round with their jackets in their hands. Yeah it's that time of year where you don't know what to wear but end up cooking in the afternoon if you wear a couple of layers 😂

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, Extreme Weather

First summery feeling day. That sticky sort of cloudy humid day. Most welcome though and despite not being wall to wall sunshine has attracted plenty of people to be walking about.

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frosty nights, thunderstorms and the odd gale

A warm day here, easily the warmest of the year, temperature has peaked at 23C here this afternoon. 

• Like 7

Posted

A little cooler here in the far east. Only 19c and not as warm as yesterday. We don't seem to get much warming effect from the easterly wind this close to the hills. As alluded to above, tomorrow looks to have gone downhill, not what I remember being forecast a couple of days ago. 

• Like 5

Posted

Dark Horse If people bothered to look at the forecast or even poked their heads outside before going out, they'd have realised a jacket wasn't necessary at all today.

Long sleeves maybe at first but definitely not a coat. I saw several people out around midday in winter coats with the temperature getting close to 20C.

Rostherne was 21.6C at 4pm so may have breached 22C at some point during the day- we'll find out later.

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Scorcher  Yep, silly people

• Like 6

Posted

Temps peaked at 21.2'c in Buxton this afternoon, a shame I missed out on a good hiking day after a impromptu trip 'down south' for some overnight storm chasing but at least tomorrow might see a bit of convective potential for the eastern side of the Pennines.

• Like 6

Posted

weatherobsuk Just got back from working in Brentwood. Had a belter of a storm around 4.00am this morning

• Like 6

Posted

22.0C max at Rostherne. Can't be too often that we've reached 22C before London here!

• Like 8

Posted

A Face like Thunder  Not sure about thundery but yep

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Grass is cut and a mixture of a few inside jobs and some pub time on the agenda so come on BHW weather, throw your worst at me.

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms. Pleasantly warm summers but no heat.

I think a positive going forward is there's nothing chilly on the way, certainly nothing compared to the last few weeks horror show. It feels so good to not have the heating on at all for the last couple of days. That's been unheard of since probably October. Might have to put a jumper on though for the next few days as we're not going to hit today's dizzy heights until maybe late next week but I'm determined not to switch it on now nearly half way through the year.

• Like 8

Posted

Morning.  I can't get excited about this mornings weather obs.  No tangerine sunrise, dull, misty and grey.  Dry for now, stayed around 11°C through the night and still is 11°C.  Light rain later becoming heavy, back to normal then, tut, 🙂☂️

• Like 4

Posted

Overcast, misty, hills shrouded in cloud, but mild… have a peed off squirrel 🐿️ making a racket, birds are lively again out… off for walk into town then back to gardening until the rain ☔️ comes in… 

if netweather forecast to be believed… after today/overnight… 7 more dry days to come… 

off next weekend to Fulham for four days and next weekend looking warm and sunny for trip to Londonford ☀️☀️☀️

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

So are we saying the only time we could get of this dull mist grey panorama be on Saturday and Sunday? No looking good, typical, BH comes and weather turns cloudy and rainy.. oh well 2 weeks to Bcn 🙂

• Like 4

Posted
Posted (edited)

Just a quick question… why is my location saying Shoreditch? Is this a netweather registration thing? I was also logged out overnight… 

IMG_9084.jpeg

Edited by WillinGlossop
  • Like 3

Posted
38 minutes ago, WillinGlossop said:

why is my location saying Shoreditch?

It's propably inferred from your IP address, which depends on you phone or internat provider. Something changed in the magic spaghetti that gets you online. You were probbaly logged out as a result, as a security thing.

• Like 4