Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Discussion - Dec 2023 onwards

Posted

What a day. Sunny and warm.

Having lunch on the patio, in Jan. 👌🏾

Posted

Awful 12 hours. Been scammed out of £300 and had to catch a mouse that was in Jess's bedroom over night keeping her awake!

Posted

@Methuselah I signed up to Etsy seller. Had an email asking me to confirm my card details as they have had loads of scam cards. Had to verify my details about the amount in the account and they then paid themselves £300! New card on order ...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

@*Stormforce~beka*

4 minutes ago, *Stormforce~beka* said:

Had to verify my details about the amount in the account and they then paid themselves £300!

You should never do that, Beka; these a'holes should never ask you for that sort of information.

• Like 1

Posted

@Methuselah yea I know sigh. I'm usually bright at stuff like that but I was rushing to get to bed as it was 1am and I had been working on opening the shop since 5pm. I was just hurrying and then trying to get to bed so didn't think properly. My bad.

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

Posted

On the basis that fat balls attract Great Tits I started my bird count.Various Tits a few Finches a blackbird Robins and a lovely Woodpecker were about it.However in the previous house masses of Tits but loads of woodpeckers Nuthatches wrens Robins Crows Pigeons lots of House Sparrows.In the first house Yes a few Tits Wagtails but absolute masses of every kind of Finch.Heres the thing these venues are closer than a mile apart yet so different.All 3 had masses of Owls but you could hear them but hardly saw them a bit of a mystery.We did include a single Great Bustard which caused a few raised eyebrows

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe

Not a bad day today; no rain, sun tried its hardest to peep out from behind the low cloud and it felt about 10 degrees down at Ham Wall.

Apparently the Scottish Highlands recorded a 19 degree temperature today, presumably somewhere on the leeward side of the mountains.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Well today was supposedly going to be the cloudier of the two days this weekend but it ended up being far sunnier than yesterday here. 

Posted

@matt111

Yup, two days ago it looked like today was down for stone grey cloud, yesterday it changed to light cloud and this morning full sunshine. It actually felt pleasantly warm in the sun around early afternoon. Beautiful day.

• Thanks 1

Posted

Spent the last two days driving around the Dorset and Hampshire countryside, in the sunshine, oh and managed to get lost in Southampton backstreets due blockage on M27 this afternoon.  Still plenty of water around on the country lanes it appears, but kept my wife happy with the country views. Why, well I was trying out a possible new car, so figured it had to cope with the full range of roads, and I gave it that, but it did remarkably well, taking it back with an empty tank!

Meanwhile, the scores on the doors, maximum of 11.8°C at: 13:43, currently 9.8°C. 

PS If this "winter" has run out of ideas what to do next, can we move on to an early Spring please?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Posted

I'm in the early Spring please camp. But we know come March it'll snow again!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

@*Stormforce~beka* That’s exactly my predicament.

The weather doesn’t operate by calendar dates.  We all get drawn into a false hope of an early spring & early warmth, then when the longer evenings & higher sun starts to recommence, and we can actually make good use of said warm/sunny weather, we get sh*t on again with cold northerly winds just when the majority of us don’t want it.  

Do we really think we are going to sail straight through Feb, through March & into April without anymore cold weather??  🙄🙄

Edited by AWD
  • Thanks 1

Posted

Cloudfest this morning, but much drier over the fields.

Great weekend just gone. Beautiful weather.

• Thanks 1

Posted

Morning All, a foggy start to the day, after an overnight low of 8.9°C at: 09:41, currently 9.2°C, RH97% with light air movement from the S-SSE.

From Above

image.thumb.png.f5e450b689ca719202be841ebbee6850.png

On Golden sands, most of the world is missing today!

image.thumb.png.c46804e188cd8b9a976b99abc0d59d06.png

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms. Warm weather. Not hot or cold weather.

A high of 12c at 11.53 am. Now 11.3c and drizzle.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot in Summer Cold in Winter

Afternoon all just grey here all day shame as yesterday was lovely photos taken yesterday 

IMG_2902.jpeg

IMG_2905.jpeg

IMG_2899.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot in Summer Cold in Winter
23 hours ago, *Stormforce~beka* said:

yea I know sigh. I'm usually bright at stuff like that but I was rushing to get to bed as it was 1am and I had been working on opening the shop since 5pm. I was just hurrying and then trying to get to bed so didn't think properly. My bad.

They are really clever now, so sorry to have heard this.

• Thanks 1

Posted

@Rich_Clements @*Stormforce~beka*

On 28/01/2024 at 16:08, *Stormforce~beka* said:

yea I know sigh. I'm usually bright at stuff like that but I was rushing to get to bed as it was 1am and I had been working on opening the shop since 5pm. I was just hurrying and then trying to get to bed so didn't think properly. My bad.

They are really clever now, so sorry to have heard this.

Yes, sorry to hear you were "hit", they really are getting smart these days, and easy to get caught off-guard, even if its not 1am in the morning.

• Thanks 1

Posted

Even on a miserably grey and foggy day like today the evenings are drawing out nicely. Still pretty under the cloud at 5pm. Another months it’ll well past 6pm. 

• Like 1