Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Moans, ramps and banter

Message added by Paul,

Please keep in mind that this thread is not intended for complaining about or criticising other members. Let's maintain a respectful environment for everyone.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and 15-25c

here is everyone watching the models desperate for snow..there was me yesterday watching the radar desperate for the forecast snow to miss ..i lost out in the end and got dumped on late yesterday and overnight 🤢:snowman-emoji:🤮

Edited by cheeky_monkey
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: BWh

BBC Weather says "yellow warning for snow" on Thursday and Friday, despite forecasting it'll rain on both days. Google says the best we can hope for is rain with some sleet, ah the joys of winter... although I have to say, with a few weeks to go before spring, I've not had to "eat my hat" as someone so nicely put it back in November.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

raz.org.rain My newspaper has snow at 8-9C on Saturday. I guess warm snow is better than cold rain, eh? 😁

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

I think this up-and-coming one-day cool spell will rival the great sleet event of 1998 when sleet fell for a full 40 minutes😲. I can just imagine the headlines in the papers this coming weekend 😯

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal Disparity: Cold and Snowy Winters, Sunny and Warm Summers.

Genuinely vile spell of weather coming up. Brace yourselves folks...

The theme of 2023 continues for now. Cloudy, windy and wet.

Is this something to do with El Nino? Don't think I've seen a spell of weather like this. Because since July it's been these type of conditions predominantly, with brief interludes here and there (September warm and dry spell, and then January cold and dry spell just gone). 

Screenshot_20240205-152519~2.png

• Like 1

Posted

It seems there's some disagreement among the models, with the GFS going off on a mild tangent. Thing is, isn't the GFS usually correct when it does that?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

I think today's MAD thread treatises can be summarised thus:

North a bit; south a bit; west a bit; east a bit. Bernie, the bolt: image.thumb.png.fbc1139a9f976ad713a6b8fe162a498e.png

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, thunderstorms, warmth, sun any time!

Jealous of south east France and eastern Spain the last few days, they see a frost in the morning and maybe fog in the valleys, then by the afternoon warms up to the high teens with a few places reaching the low 20s away from the inversion further west, superb diurnal ranges. I think the odd spot touched 24-25C.

GFlHGnrXQAAkSFQ.thumb.png.658249ffa7a2db58cbfb61ce4d6f4245.pngimage.thumb.png.a7fac709f2a541ec9d8a85fc1f032964.png

Meanwhile here it's cloudy, dull and almost the same temperature night vs day recently. Only plus is it's been drier, but even so, the rain (even cold rain or sleet on Thursday) is making a comeback in the next few days. The most boring climate and day to day weather you can get in central England but at least it's not impactful 😂

1 hour ago, In Absence of True Seasons said:

Is this something to do with El Nino?

Not enough correlelation to say for sure but I think ENSO neutral years, or the years that are longest in neutral are usually drier, stronger El Nino or La Nina events will make it wetter for northern Europe, but again it's rather ambiguous. I think years that start with strong Nino but weaken or turn Nina, don't seem to be as wet looking through the rainfall data and then the ONI so that could be the saving grace.

You can pick out any trends from these, yearly average EWP is like 970mm. ENSO data starts from 50s.

https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/hadobs/hadukp/data/seasonal/HadEWP_seasonal_totals.txt

https://origin.cpc.ncep.noaa.gov/products/analysis_monitoring/ensostuff/ONI_v5.php

Edited by Metwatch
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Enjoy the weather, you can't take it with you 😎

If you want snow ,go to another country ,looks like the snow threat is going Tit's up again....😲

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, not too cold
2 hours ago, *Stormforce~beka* said:

WOW! That's jsut the worst!!!

8 hours ago, Alderc 2.0 said:

hands down the worst weather is cold rain just a few degrees above freezing. Plain grim. 

What about freezing rain? That stuff turns the roads and pavements into an ice rink.

• Like 1

Posted

ANYWEATHER I was told I would be "better off going to Spain" for wanting actual summer weather in summer! Not something I could take seriously from someone chasing an Arctic style deep freeze when tickets to Norway were so cheap.

• Like 1

Posted

The Met Office App, seems to favour a heck lot of sleet or rain symbols at the moment

Better head for the hills, if you want the white stuff

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, not too cold

*Stormforce~beka*

I remember one morning having it and as soon as I walked out of the front gate and I fell over on my backside! Very hazardous and dangerous weather. Thankfully it rarely happens in this country.

• Like 1

Posted

I don’t bother with the models anymore, they seem to be too hit and miss.

As of this morning the changing Jetstream is again slightly forward, now early Thursday with main action at the weekend.

Back to Azores feed by Tuesday.

I expect a Nor’Nor’Westerly Friday-Saturday.

we shall see.

Edited by Wingman Blue
Spelling!

Posted

You have to admit it's rather disconcerting when the chances of a nuclear winter are higher in the UK than a natural one! 🥴 🤯 😂

• Like 1

Posted

Robbie Coldrain 😁

Maybe you need to move to an elevated rural location?  We’ve had this winter, amongst the rain and wind, at least half a dozen days where it barely got much above freezing in the sun, with the shaded pond frozen for nearly a week!

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it
15 minutes ago, Wingman Blue said:

Maybe you need to move to an elevated rural location?  We’ve had this winter, amongst the rain and wind, at least half a dozen days where it barely got much above freezing in the sun, with the shaded pond frozen for nearly a week!

Again that doesn't make a Winter of any kind.Winter is a 90 day period, not 8 or 10. Just the same as we are remined in the Summer months over and over and  over again that a month doesn't make a summer😉

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

I am currently standing on a termite mound, hopefully that gives me some elevation to see a snowflake

• Insightful 1