Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Moans, ramps and banter

Message added by Paul,

Please keep in mind that this thread is not intended for complaining about or criticising other members. Let's maintain a respectful environment for everyone.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: BWh

Just saw that February actually came out as the warmest on record for England and second warmest for the UK. Surely we can't bring ourselves to say that anything has been average about this winter.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Csa/Csb

In the last 10 years, August and October are both underperforming vs the long term averages.

We do need a run of good Augusts.

Edited by B87
  • Like 3
  • Insightful 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Wind, Sunny, Warm, Thunderstorms, Snow

raz.org.rain  anything below 21c is not what I would class as warm, I still wear cardigans below that temperature unless I was at work or gardening,  maybe in a previous life I was from a tropical country, it would explain my love of sun and warmth, not that I dislike cold or snow or even winter, i find it cosy, it’s just where I live even when it’s cold we very rarely see proper snow let alone settling snow so always feels like such a waste and it’s now coming to the end of the ‘colder’ months and I start getting that SAD thing where I am ready for sun, warmth, flowers and leaves of trees rather than twigs  

raz.org.rain I can, maybe it’s a regional thing, the only thing that I’ve felt has been below average is sunshine and all the above average rain we have had.

look at these graphs, just horrid and like another poster said when it’s raining you can’t really feel mild when soaking wet and no sun on your skin!

EB226178-431F-4B7E-809F-6EDCFE4D6C7F.png

686594DC-7647-4D00-912E-B4B05CA15469.png

3D1971BF-71A6-4FD4-B7D3-2AB96064AE69.png

Edited by TwisterGirl81
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snowy winters, warm, early spring, cool, gentle summer, stormy autumn

raz.org.rain image.thumb.png.fbebe2559e0c9e41a20acd464c6e252e.png

Can confirm, February 2024 is the warmest on record by some margin and is clustering with 1990.

image.thumb.png.3360174c5014ae490d1ae00a22ed00c3.png

Nationally it is the second warmest and is clustering with 2022, 1989, 1995 and 2000. It's hard to say whether it's closest relative is 2022 or whether it's a sister clade of all four.

Considering the relatives so far, if you people all want to keep believing this summer will be mild, then you can, but the signal for a dry and hot summer so far is certainly there. Keep in mind that there is no spring of a very hot summer known that was particularly impressive, in fact both Marches 1989 and 1995 were colder than average and wet.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it
19 minutes ago, TwisterGirl81 said:

well I’m not overweight so tend to feel the cold more than others would who might be, less fat insulation 

Can i ask what you mean as that sentence doesn't make sense?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal (but not excessive heat); love cold winters!

TwisterGirl81 Strange comment. I usually like your posts, but what was meant by that...?

Posted

markyo I meant no offence, when I put 3 stone on during the lock downs I always felt hot/sweaty/uncomfortable and rarely felt cold then when I lost the weight when gyms reopened I just noticed that I started to feel the cold again so presume that all the extra weight I was kept me more insulated   

SollyOlly really, I hadn’t noticed you ever liking a post of mine but I’ve no idea what I said that you’d find offensive when it was my experience when I was overweight. I don’t mean any offence to anyone else so please don’t turn it into something it isn’t and feel free to carrying on liking my posts even if you don’t ever like them 😋 I know you don’t like heat but that’s all I’ve noticed about you but it’s fine, we all have our preferences 

Edited by TwisterGirl81
  • Like 3

Posted

TwisterGirl81 No offence taken at all, just wasn't sure! I totally get what you mean as well,i've lost close to 4 stone in the last year due to health issues, it does make a difference i agree, My issue is where i work, the rooms are shall we say challenging sometimes even in this weather, come summer it is a nightmare at times, 40c plus is normal with humidity. Hence my hatred for warm/hot weather, i need to cool down on leaving them!🥵 

Edited by markyo
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal

markyo I was the other extreme at work today, I was wearing a thermal vest, shirt , sweater, overalls, hoodie , and a wolly hat and I was still cold. I did'nt used to feel the cold until I had my heart attack 10 years ago aged 54, I suppose my medication combined with shot circulation  is the cause.

Posted

markyo well done, that’s amazing 🙂 how did you do it?

Good, I would not want to offend anyone here at all, I was like 3 and half stone overweight during the lock downs as at the time I had a sit down job plus couldn’t work out and I literally felt so bad on myself, so glad I lost it now, have a very active heavy job and got my motivation back.

I feel you, likewise, we have no air con where I work and windows have stoppers on so can’t open them fully, I don’t think anyone would hurt themselves by chucking themselves out of a ground floor window 🤔

let’s just hope we all have a pleasant spring and summer with lots of sunshine and temps of 22c - 25c, that way everyone will be happy, the heat haters and sun and warmth lovers, we can hope can’t we

• Like 4

Posted

TwisterGirl81 Same here mate, it's absolutely no worries at all, I promise you. I lost 16kg through intermittent fasting, but my weight made no difference to my tolerance (which is low!) of heat, that is due to a separate medical condition. I think I interpreted your comment as "fat people feel the heat, slim people don't", but if that isn't what you meant - fair play! 🙂 

Oh, and I think that I have 'liked' one or two of your posts...lol...what I would say is that I am pleased that the 'disagree' button has been removed, I think that it just caused avoidable aggro.

• Like 1

Posted

SollyOlly I think so too 😋

I’m glad we cleared that up before I was sent to the gallows. I should have said in my experience of when I was overweight as having read it back I can imagine how some might have interpreted it 

SollyOlly that takes will power, I love food too much to restrict myself but it does mean I have to be active ha 

Posted

CharlieBear9 Yep, Statin, Ramipril, Betablocker. and Asprin .  had two stents put in . Must be doing some good cause I'm still upright.😁

• Like 5

Posted

TwisterGirl81 lolz, believe me, it isn't easy! But I found some excellent support groups, and not only did it work for me (I accept that it doesn't for everyone) but I just felt great doing it. In a world full of s***...I found something that I could control, and did me a lot of good. My waist measurement is now down to what it was when I met my missus, back in 1993! Off the Ramipril, Atorvastatin, Allopurinol...but I have another health condition that is heat sensitive, so I do struggle a bit these days.

But I still don't like temperatures much above 25c! ha ha. You've always been a lovely poster, so I'll wind me neck in and let you enjoy the (prolonged, 7 month!) summer... 🙂 

Edited by SollyOlly
  • Like 2

Posted

TwisterGirl81 at work or out of work? Normally pull out of work when it goes past 45 to 46c, the humidity is horrendous then, running off the walls. Otherwise 24/25c is max but wouldn't sit out in that,far to hot in direct sunshine for me.

Edited by markyo
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

78/79 Andy, I'm on Venlafaxine, Lisinopril and statins. . . the joys of getting old, eh? 😁 

• Like 4

Posted

Winter was sh**e. Wet, miserable, grey sh**e.

Normally around this time I would be feeling some euphoria or positivity but I just know winter is going to randomly appear during spring.

The last 12 months of weather have been really testing. One of the wettest Marches on record followed by a freezing cold spring until literally the last day or two of May - followed by 3 glorious weeks and then absolute sh**e until that little heatwave in September which was followed up by 5 months of sh**e. 

Unless it’s in the form of convective downpours I really don’t want to see rain again until October. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Posted

Methuselah   Know what you mean Pete,  the missus hears me rattling as I walk down the stairs 😁  As I remarked to the  nurse at the doctors the other day, "You lot are trying to keep me going, and the government is doing it's best to work me to death"  oh well, only two years to go to me pension.😆

• Like 3

Posted

78/79 Good for you, stick at it. I had to change Ramipril for Losartan as they caused a constant irritating cough and I take Apixaban thinners. I ditched Statins early January following four years of worsening muscle and joint aches, especially lower back and hips, and tendomnitis symptoms in my elbow, and hey presto, all of that's nearly gone!

I've never felt the cold much but have become more aware of it since taking the medication - one of thsoe things I suppose.

• Like 2

Posted

78/79 Keep well, brother. Totally agree, what the govt wants is for us to give up the ghost before we get our pension...after a lifetime of paying in! You take care mate - 🙂

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

SollyOlly Well, I've got my pension, so Iain Duncan Smith will not be best pleased!

• Like 2

Posted

SollyOlly Cheers Solly, I'm determined to get  it  just to spite the b,,,,,,ds.

MethuselahFair play to you Pete,  work it into them for as long as you can mate.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1