Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Moans, ramps and banter

Message added by Paul,

Please keep in mind that this thread is not intended for complaining about or criticising other members. Let's maintain a respectful environment for everyone.

Posted

SunSean Looking like the 4th dull start to March in a row. Hoping for a 2022 style flip, where the first week was dull but ended up one of the sunniest on record (During the 14th-28th, 13 days brought wall-to-wall sunshine)

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

In Absence of True Seasons

Nope, well definitely not to the extent it fell.  A bit of wintriness over high ground was forecast as far as I know, yet we have quite widespread, albeit wet/slushy snowfall across the West Country.  When I left for work we had circa 8cm fall, & even back in Bristol (low level, urban area) we have a covering of wet snow. 

Considering how untreated the roads are, I assume the Highways agency we also caught out by this.

Not the best photo, but this is downtown Bristol;

IMG_0945.thumb.jpeg.60bc0a6aeb3b49af379dcb43cb373934.jpeg

Edited by AWD
  • Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal (but not excessive heat); love cold winters!

CryoraptorA303 Well said mate, I for one always enjoy your posts and find them quite informative. And there's a few that I do have on mute for a variety of reasons! Does seem odd to pop onto a board to mock people for...doing what the board is for. And contort into a position to misconstrue or score a minor point. Anyway <sigh>.

Your detailed analysis and levels of knowledge and enthusiasm, as well a grip on geo-political issues that impact the weather and climate, are always interesting to read. Even in the short time that I've been on this site, a couple of more informed folk have had enough and left because of repeated daft comments...you keep on keeping on, I learn a lot from you and I'd imagine that I'm not alone! 🙂 

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Clear blue skies!

Pouring down again. Why do I get the feeling it's gonna be like this all month....

Welcome to England, the worst climate on the entire globe!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snowy winters, warm, early spring, cool, gentle summer, stormy autumn

Daniel* Whatever, I don't have the time to entertain wind up merchants anymore.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snowy winters, warm, early spring, cool, gentle summer, stormy autumn

SollyOlly Thanks, I try to ignore all the wind up merchants now. People say these sorts of things when they can't keep up with the conversation and feel embarrassed that they have nothing of value to add. Anyone with an ounce of self-esteem simply doesn't open their mouth if they have nothing to say.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Arch Stanton it’s very bad around here. All the local parks are filling up with water, quite a few residential streets are under water too. It needs to stop raining now, at least for a couple of weeks

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal Disparity: Cold and Snowy Winters, Sunny and Warm Summers.

Another Saturday, more rain. Phewww, what a relief, I was worried we were going to have a dry day for once. Heavens forbid, anything but that! This is just what the flora and fauna needs after one of the wettest 4 weeks on record, a ridiculously wet December, and a wet November and October. 😌

• Like 5

Posted

The dry, dull and windy Easterly in the next few days could also go do one. If this is the only dry spell all month and turning extremely wet again after the 10th, then dear UK weather : F you

Edited by baddie
  • Like 2

Posted

stainesbloke

Yes, a rapid transition to spring with warm temperatures and no rain is needed (I love the snow but its the last thing the land needs right now).

Once the trees wake up they will soak up a lot of the high water table.

Feb was 4.9c above average by the way, truly extraordinary 

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, not too cold
19 hours ago, In Absence of True Seasons said:

Is that your YouTube channel!? 

No it’s not it’s a from a young guy called Scott Richards who used to live in Greater Manchester, now lives in Lancashire.

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Clear blue skies!

England's new mode of transport for the never ending rain 👌

Screenshot_20240302_111915_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Like 3

Posted
2 hours ago, CryoraptorA303 said:

Whatever, I don't have the time to entertain wind up merchants anymore.

You are the one trying to provoke saying my post was made by ChatGPT. I never read anything so nonsensical in all my years on here. I did not even directly respond to you or said anything hostile. You should not be on a weather forum if you are unwilling to listen to other people’s opinions. How you got triggered by that factual post I have no idea, I was not implying it was a freezing spring just that there are reasons some thought it was poor one.

Edited by Daniel*
  • Like 1

Posted
8 hours ago, AWD said:

When the first day of Spring brings this such weather, over SW England of all places;

That’s pretty impressive for SW England on the 1st March these days! Just had some cold rain/sleet. At one point it did turn to snow for a few minutes though. And there was some snow on the hills. But not quite cold enough for a snow event here. Today it’s currently 4°C and raining, all that’s happened is we’ve gone from mild rain in February to cold rain in March! 

11 hours ago, Daniel* said:

Spring 2023 was poor for warmth the lowest absolute max with 22.7C at Heathrow since 1986, it highlights what's still possible within our modern climate. Sometimes we get stuck in less favourable patterns that's the nature of our climate.

13 hours ago, Metwatch said:

Although Spring 2023 was not "freezing cold", it was one of the worst in quite a few years for those after something in the way of a longer drier, sunnier and warm spell.

Looks like it was one of those springs that didn’t have many cold days but didn’t have many warm days either. Just a lot of days very close to long term averages. A bit like a cooler version of Spring 2022 really, where despite having above average temperatures, there wasn’t any notably warm days, I don’t think I reached 20°C until June that year.. It was because of the lack of any cold weather that it was above average, similar with Spring 2023. It definitely wasn’t “freezing cold” though, it wasn’t like we were getting sub 10C maxima for days on end, more just cool really.

Looking at the stats though, it was quite a dull and wet Spring in the south, which would have made it feel cooler. Although if you compare it to the 1960-1991 averages, it was actually a very warm and sunny spring. Shows how much springs have changed since then.

074FAD2F-06C0-4642-8389-0BBDE6268ACD.png

D94B54A2-ED65-493D-9CDE-C7B5420B0571.png

1D1E6FE4-D664-41F5-A139-18AA34D70B0E.png

5ACA4FE3-5EC3-4DE8-9DE8-EADC3ECDFF05.png

AEF522C8-175D-48D6-8237-BC9E98EB8428.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

CryoraptorA303 people who challenge you are not wind up merchants. That sort of mindset suggests maybe a forum isn’t the place for you. Try a more constructive approach and keep it friendly. 

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Csa/Csb

East Lancs Rain until mid-May, it was easily one of the wettest and dullest springs of my life. March had 238% of rainfall and 50% sun. Even the sunny days in April (and there weren't many) still felt chilly in the shade, and it took until 6th May to get to 20c. 

It didn't really feel springlike until about 15th May.

Edited by B87
  • Like 3
  • Insightful 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal Disparity: Cold and Snowy Winters, Sunny and Warm Summers.

CryoraptorA303 I have no dog in the fight and don't know the specific contexts in the exchange but from an outsider perspective it just looks like you're just coming across as quite combative towards people who disagree / post something contrary to you. Which is a shame because your info/data is genuinely good but the condescending vibe is definitely going to irk some folk, naturally.

There are definitely people who troll on here, 100%, and from my end anyway it doesn't seem like that's the case in this instance. I'd definitely call it out if I felt that was the case...

We can have disagreements and different opinions but also not undermine / scoff and patronise eachother in the process 👍

My two pennies, anyway. As I said, I don't know the specifics of the exchange as I'm not sure when it started, this is just what I'm perceiving from reading the posts.

Edited by In Absence of True Seasons
  • Like 7

Posted
2 hours ago, stainesbloke said:

it’s very bad around here. All the local parks are filling up with water, quite a few residential streets are under water too. It needs to stop raining now, at least for a couple of weeks

Is that in London or in Prague?

1 hour ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

Thunderbolt_ pleased not on anymore

Why’s that? I have had a quick look at his profile and his posts seem alright to me.

2 hours ago, CryoraptorA303 said:

Thanks, I try to ignore all the wind up merchants now. People say these sorts of things when they can't keep up with the conversation and feel embarrassed that they have nothing of value to add. Anyone with an ounce of self-esteem simply doesn't open their mouth if they have nothing to say.

I think it’s because of your long lectures about climate change that bore/annoy people… This is the moans thread, not the climate change discussion thread.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
55 minutes ago, East Lancs Rain said:

Looking at the stats though, it was quite a dull and wet Spring in the south, which would have made it feel cooler.

My key factor for spring 2023 really. The lack of notably warmer days is definitely evident, but overall, the average temps were marred by very frequent rainfall and lots of overcast weather. 

It wasn't particularly cool overall, but 15/16/17c in April with sunny skies feels incredibly different to 15/16/17c with 100% cloud cover, strong breezes and persistent drizzle. Which particularly in the SE, the latter was a dominant pattern in Spring. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny, dry and preferably hot. Snow is nice in the winter

Finding it lightly amusing but also sad that today is the coolest day here since Jan 20th. Why does it always seem that temperatures collapse as we head into March?

4 hours ago, baddie said:

Hoping for a 2022 style flip, where the first week was dull but ended up one of the sunniest on record (During the 14th-28th, 13 days brought wall-to-wall sunshine)

This is all I can hope for at the moment. I remember thinking in early March 2022 that it was going to end up a poor, cool and dull month, how wrong I was!

• Like 1