Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Moans, ramps and banter

Message added by Paul,

Please keep in mind that this thread is not intended for complaining about or criticising other members. Let's maintain a respectful environment for everyone.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow in winter,warm sun in summer!!!!

Well another mostly sunny day again , long may it continue 

• Like 2

Posted

TwisterGirl81 14-17c and wall-to-wall sunshine would be perfect for late-March, cant ask for more. In other words, a March version of May 2023

Edited by baddie
  • Like 3

Posted

Can high pressure just sink a little bit more Southwards and preferably Eastwards too, a the Atlantic crap that dominated our weather since July can F off, and give us a gorgeous final third to March

Edited by baddie
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, thunderstorms, warmth, sun any time!

First time the road has fully dried here, it's more shaded during months when the sun is lower, with a tree at the end and is also a cul de sac so takes longer to dry but at last it finally has, the first time since mid January.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny
3 hours ago, *Stormforce~beka* said:

What's that? A cloudy day here

Cloudy now, was wall to wall sunshine this morning. 

• Like 2

Posted

danm When will be the next clear day with 10+ hours sun??? Im hoping the weekend before and including my birthday (25th March)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Only 4 days in to March and the monthly rain total is already at 44mm.

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and 15-25c

ANYWEATHER coldest March temp i have experienced in Edmonton was -42c in 2011

TwisterGirl81  Spring is very short as winter tends to hang on into April and summer kicks in Mid May..summers are great often sunny and dry with no humidity temps often 22-30c  from Mid May to Mid August thereafter it tends to start to cool off.

• Like 2
  • Insightful 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Wind, Sunny, Warm, Thunderstorms, Snow

cheeky_monkey  you must think we’re a bunch of moaners when we complain of being cold and it being 8C here 

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and 15-25c

TwisterGirl81 not really i spent all of my life apart from the last 10 years or so living in Chelmsford and Exeter so i know its a different kind of cold.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, not too cold

Well, guess that’s the first half of spring killed off then…

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

Posted

Not a bad day here. It was cold and frosty this morning under clear skies, temp -1. Then it was mostly sunny until mid afternoon with the temp reaching around 9C. Then turned it turned cloudy and it’s raining now. Currently 6C.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Enjoy the weather, you can't take it with you 😎
12 hours ago, cheeky_monkey said:

not really i spent all of my life apart from the last 10 years or so living in Chelmsford and Exeter so i know its a different kind of cold.

Yes, I think we can say 8c/ 46f is a damp cold , although had a strong wind with that it will feel bitter ,quite often a British default winters day,  but minus 40c and below is a dangerous and life threatening temperature ,quite often a default Canadian winters day, obviously pending on where you live there..😨

Posted

Literally fed up this morning. Big area of rain spiralling around Southern England and actually developing further on its NW flank in my area.

Why is it when the set up is unsettled things seem to self perpetuate into even worse? 

It’s raining here, now, and likely worsening when every forecast and app and model yesterday evening had a 95% dry, sunny day with minimal light shower risk. 

As it is now we’ll be lucky to scrape a little lightbulb sun if the frontal cloud begins to move away this afternoon!

Short term precipitation modelling and forecasting has definitely got worse in recent times. One example being Friday into Saturday that brought the snow. Another being back in the Autumn with a large area of heavy rain. There are others.

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

Posted
33 minutes ago, Andy Bown said:

Short term precipitation modelling and forecasting has definitely got worse in recent times

Spot on. I've been saying this for a long time tbh.The whole of the forecasting suite ,which includes long range forecasting,  Short term Precipitation forecasts and anything that is to do with forecasting coming out of the AXXE of these so called Super Computers is totally unreliable ,that's about the only reliable part of the journey ....In recent years there has been a major step back in the reliability of computer generated forecasts . Times are changing not for the good in just about everything it seems....😢

Edited by ANYWEATHER
  • Like 5

Posted

I always get fooled in early February thinking ‘winters nearly over’ and the better weather is on the way. In reality March is rarely better, certainly this first half. Little sign of any proper springlike days, would happily take a run of 4 or 5 with sunshine and 15 or 16C now. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Bright weather. Warm sunny thundery summers, short cold winters.

The unexpected rain here too. It now seems certain it'll be a possibly record-breaking 9th consecutive wet month, the rainfall at the weekend will take it above even if today doesn't.

In slightly better news the low at the weekend, while doubtless delivering yet more dull wet weather, seems likely to stay to the south meaning drier easterlies behind it. The next point of uncertainty seems to be in a week when yet more Atlantic deluges may (GFS 06z) or may not (GFS 00z) arrive.

Edited by Summer8906
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Bright weather. Warm sunny thundery summers, short cold winters.
17 hours ago, TwisterGirl81 said:

baddie 15C? 21C and above would be better but then I guess it is only march 

Let's just get some dry weather in, of any temperature!

21C can wait until May, just wanting an end to this 8+ month constant deluge.

• Like 3

Posted
2 hours ago, Andy Bown said:

Literally fed up this morning. Big area of rain spiralling around Southern England and actually developing further on its NW flank in my area.

Why is it when the set up is unsettled things seem to self perpetuate into even worse? 

I always find a good rule of thumb is that if an active weather system arrives from the southwest (rather than west or northwest) the weather behind it is likely to be poor (the dreaded "joined-up showers", which I guess is what we have today) even if the forecast is over-optimistically suggesting sunshine.7

Even now the forecast from the Met Office is:

Outbreaks of rain continuing to clear eastern England and parts of the northwest. Some slow moving, and potentially heavy showers affecting the SE corner into the afternoon. Otherwise, many areas will be dry with sunny spells.

Certainly a good deal further west than that!

Edited by Summer8906

Posted

Summer8906 The met office forecast is dry here at least for the nest few days. Very cloudy though. 😕

9F686611-55F0-4AD9-BBB3-2E4302DF0228.jpeg

Posted

East Lancs Rain Beggars can't be choosers, I guess...

• Like 1

Posted

Splendid morning here . More plz . I’m ramping this up…..👍😊

IMG_0886.jpeg

IMG_0885.jpeg

• Like 1