Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Moans, ramps and banter

Message added by Paul,

Please keep in mind that this thread is not intended for complaining about or criticising other members. Let's maintain a respectful environment for everyone.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal Disparity: Cold and Snowy Winters, Sunny and Warm Summers.

*Stormforce~beka* I must be a masochist because I knew that that video would be depressing and provide us with nothing positive in terms of signs of a pattern change, but I watched it anyway lol

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal Disparity: Cold and Snowy Winters, Sunny and Warm Summers.

TwisterGirl81 That's a shame! Must've been tough, I assume you're in some sort of job/career that fell under the "key worker" category during that crazy time!

• Like 1

Posted

In Absence of True Seasons I have just lost all faith in forecasts and know that for the past year we have lived in thick cloud. If it hasn't changed before it ain't now. This is the new way of life people. Welcome to global warming.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Back in the day, countless football matches were postponed due to either snow or frozen pitches; these days, pitches are always waterlogged! :drunk-emoji:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Clear blue skies!

Didn't think we would get 2 absolutely Satanic March's in a row but here we are! The worst weather pattern to ever curse these Isles keeps on rolling on! Thank the lord I booked 4 days in Tenerife from Thursday. May have to be a monthly thing at this rate & only ever spend my money on holidays and nothing else lol. This pattern is seemingly forever now!

Haven't been able to do my sun tables this month as my Virgin Media is broken so can't access laptop. Only on here by using phone data lol.

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1

Posted

Today turned out to be a slightly better day than was forecast here. Wasn't really supposed to start warming up until the early evening but the mild front got through by about lunchtime, and there were a few breaks in the cloud. Very much welcome, as the morning was completely and utterly dreadful.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow. Storms

SunSean satanic is absolutely the right word. Enjoy your hols👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Posted

SunSean the next 5-7 days is just straight-up cloud and rain, so you've made a wise decision in escaping to Tenerife for some sun. 

I'm looking at Cyprus myself! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.
12 hours ago, Summer8906 said:

The window for settled weather is now narrowing; April-June really have to be good as I don't hold out much hope for the second half of the year, on recent form.

Relax… it doesn't start in earnest until the equinox at the earliest anyway.

• Like 1

Posted
4 hours ago, *Stormforce~beka* said:

Welcome to global warming

Or global 'clouding'?! 🤔 😲

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Enjoy the weather, you can't take it with you 😎

40 shades of green, nah , more like 50 shades of grey 🤣😩😒

IMG_0896.jpeg

• Like 4

Posted

We've gone from four seasons in one day to one season in two years. The real effect of climate change on this country is, ironically, the lack of any real change from constant wet and grey muck.

Edited by SunnyG
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted
17 minutes ago, SunnyG said:

We've gone from four seasons in one day to one season in two years. The real effect of climate change on this country is, ironically, the lack of any real change from constant wet and grey

This simply isn’t true. Weather often gets stuck in a rut like now , but historically speaking there have been many examples when there are long dry spells and long wet spells.😊

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything non-disruptive, and some variety

ANYWEATHER Although those stuck-in-a-rut periods seem to have become more common over the last decade or so.

• Like 3

Posted
1 minute ago, al78 said:

Although those stuck-in-a-rut periods seem to have become more common over the last decade or so

Perhaps it’s our perception? I’ve got a book stretching back over 100 years with historical data. It make’s interesting reading! 😊

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything non-disruptive, and some variety

Buzzard Meanwhile on trains in SE England it is common to hear people coughing their guts up and sounding like they should have stayed in bed, showing that nothing has been learnt from the pandemic and ensuring the next pandemic will be even worse.

Posted

ANYWEATHER Historically means in the past, while I clearly meant in the present and very recent past. The pattern we have been experiencing since 2023 is not encouraging is it.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

We've had plenty of lengthy periods of grey and wet spells in the past. It's always the most recent one that seems the worst. To be fair, we have had a pretty long period this time where most months are duller and wetter than average, but 2 years ago we had the opposite - a long, long stretch of dry and sunny weather. Just remember how brown and parched the country was in Summer 2022. That was after many, many months of dry weather. 

It's depressing, but swings and roundabouts. Nothing to suggest we won't get a warm, sunny Summer. 

• Like 4

Posted

At what point will the pattern flip to sunny and dry? Late March, April, beyond……

• Like 5