Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Moans, ramps and banter

Message added by Paul,

Please keep in mind that this thread is not intended for complaining about or criticising other members. Let's maintain a respectful environment for everyone.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental. Dry air, storms and snow.

Where else on the planet has this? Laughable. 

I don’t remember being so hacked off with the weather last March. Don’t care what the stats say. This is worse. 

IMG_5821.png

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snowy winters, warm, early spring, cool, gentle summer, stormy autumn

Alderc 2.0 In the heating though? Come on.

Azazel With the heating on indoors? You shouldn't be feeling that cold. If you still feel cold with the heating on then either the heating isn't working properly or the problem is with you. The point of central heating is to not feel cold indoors, especially at 13-15°C ambient temp. I can tell you that this isn't normal. If you seriously feel cold at 13-15°C indoors with heating on then that's a you problem.

11 minutes ago, Alderc 2.0 said:

At the end of the day we’re all different but I think most people don’t start ditching the coats for extended stays outside until at least 16-18C - depending on sun and wind.

Nice apples and oranges, we're not talking about outdoors.

11 minutes ago, Alderc 2.0 said:

25C is lovely it’s just it’s never 25C for long, if that the max of the day you might get an hour or two at that before it starts cooling off. 

9 minutes ago, NEVES SCREAMER said:

Agree in UK you have early morning cool building up to the max. Then the same after 6pm. In this country you take what you can get ✌️

Oh get real, the UK isn't that continental, in the warm months we keep the heat for quite a long period of the day. Even in October we're still peaking at around 4-5pm and sitting near max heat for 6-8 hours.

I may hate the current wet spell but I'm not going to start agreeing with this extremist nonsense.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Just been tallying up my rainfall since September 1st - 1066mm

historic-rainbyyear.thumb.png.f8a8d60ee370aa9ecf1ba406234cd859.png historic-rainbyyear(1).thumb.png.dfd038cf97d875a4588f44c427a8562d.png

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Wind, Sunny, Warm, Thunderstorms, Snow

I remember Atlantic 252  it’s what happened last May when our nice weather started mid May and was unrelenting with warmth and sunshine for 6 weeks, loved it. 
I’m keeping everything crosssed for us all to have some glorious weather soon, we certainly deserve it. It’s always sad to me when one part of the uk is enjoying the nice weather whilst another part isn’t, I’d like us all to have a lovely spring and summer 🙂

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snowy winters, warm, early spring, cool, gentle summer, stormy autumn

NEVES SCREAMER Well yes, at 10pm it will have cooled down. Generally the temperature between 11am-6pm from April to October is fairly consistent.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

NEVES SCREAMER

Yep. February and June were the only below average months.

historic-rain-month.thumb.png.d45c7488f8add293f01379e91002a0ea.png

Here's a heatmap of my rain rate data throughout last year. You can see February and June quite nicely 🙂

Screenshot2024-03-24210849.thumb.png.ae023ae76c58abe0ef427f0f6772aa4e.png

Another stat from my data; In the last 9 months, only January has had above average sunshine hours.

Edited by Mapantz
  • Like 2

Posted

raz.org.rain I would love that to happen personally

i appreciate it’s not for everyone, but I love that kind of weather.

Posted

CryoraptorA303

I mean, I’m fairly lean and not fat so that possibly contributes. 

But I’ve always felt the cold and always been on the cooler side - as have several people I know. I also know several people who always feel warm and as far as I know, they don’t have any medical issues.

Its almost like we are all different with varying tolerances 🤔 

Posted

My birthday is tomorrow and for it to rain all day is as shocking as Dark Sunday is. I'm used to sunshine on my birthday, not washouts

Edited by baddie

Posted

Going by the models it really looks somewhat likely winter will arrive in April. If we get any snow I want to say that will be the 3rd or 4th April in a row I’ve seen it.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Aye, washout tomorrow for N Midlands, perhaps rain virtually all the first holiday week too, April 1 trending wet too

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Azazel, still up in the air, I love snow and want it, but also after warmth as well, not the first GFS run to show this

image.thumb.png.68eb20fb04256e4d7066e1eefedef3c6.png

• Like 1

Posted

Significant snow for the upper regions of Central and Northern Scotland tomorrow night, rain for the rest of us tomorrow and Wednesday, with showers at other times as low pressure dominates in the lead up to Easter.

Posted
4 minutes ago, Azazel said:

I mean, I’m fairly lean and not fat so that possibly contributes. 

But I’ve always felt the cold and always been on the cooler side - as have several people I know

I am slender and I don't feel the cold/feel the heat easily. I think I have subclinical hyperthyroidism as I get hot easily and I have a very hard time putting on weight, and when I was young and had routine blood tests due to being diagnosed with autism young it was noted that I had high thyroxine levels, but not high enough to have hyperthyroidism.

Even among the warmies I know, none of them feel cold in 13-15°C with indoor heating, which is why I'm genuinely concerned about the health of those who still feel cold in these conditions as it can be a sign of hypothyroidism.

8 minutes ago, NEVES SCREAMER said:

ok fair enough. Signing off for the evening chaps. Enjoy what is left of the weekend. 

I didn't intend to cause offence, I am genuinely concerned about your health coming from a background of microbiology as abnormal sensitivity to cold can be an indicator of hypothyroidism.

I remember Atlantic 252 It would be f**king hilarious if the most significant cold snap we have all "winter" is in April and we have at least a few days of accumulated snow cover. El Nino at it's finest...

• Like 1

Posted

CryoraptorA303 Well my feet are always cold. Maybe something in it. Cold can be a wide ranging spectrum . I feel the chill when it's 21c and the sun goes behind a cloud. My happy time is about 27c when there is no chill in the air. Maybe there is something wrong with me. 

• Thanks 1

Posted

CryoraptorA303 fair enough - I’m pretty sure I don’t have hyperthyroidism but I DO likely have POTS (postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome) which is why I do actually struggle when it gets TOO hot even though I like the warmth. 

This has been an ongoing thing for me since I was about 18 but before then I definitely always felt the cold a little more than most - swimming pools for example are always a few degrees colder than I can bare for longer than like ten minutes!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, thunderstorms, warmth, sun any time!

Lovely day for a cycle / walk. Up to 12°C and that nagging wind had virtually died down. Still ever so slightly nippy when the sun goes behind cloud and you're standing still but when moving plenty warm enough.

You really have to cherish these days amid a horrid period for sunshine and settled conditions in general of recent. They stand out so much! 

20240324_162133~2.jpg

20240324_164921~2.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, NEVES SCREAMER said:

Well my feet are always cold.

That can be a sign of type 2 diabetes. My dad has that so I have a lot of first hand experience with the disease and coldness or numbness in the extremeties are a very common sign of diabetes. I hate to concern anyone but if anything seems wrong you should always get checked out, it's much better to catch a disease or progressive condition early. And against common stereotypes, you can get type 2 diabetes without being obese, having an unhealthy diet etc., for some people like my dad it can be just as genetic as type 1. Not to mention that chronic stress and poor sleep quality over years or decades can be major risk factors. Anyone with any of the symptoms described should get checked out ASAP for prediabetes or type 2, an early diagnosis can save years or decades of your life.

Azazel Fair enough, humans are very prone to medical conditions that affect their experience of hot or cold temperatures, it's quite unprecendented in the animal kingdom really.

• Like 1

Posted

CryoraptorA303 yeah it’s a pain. We’ve done several auto immune investigations over the years and nothing has come up but I finally did a poor man’s tilt table test a few months back and my HR goes from like 70 to 130 when standing and stays there for like 5 minutes. I have tried adding more salt to my diet and drinking tonnes of water and it really does seem to help - so that’s what I think it is and my GP agrees. He says getting a diagnosis is kind of pointless however but I still will likely try to get one as if I ever get really sick it gives me some kind of official record and diagnosis 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, thunderstorms, warmth, sun any time!

Merry easter folks 😂

overview_20240324_18_204.thumb.jpg.e08d42bdbb3e382e580c7076ec1833eb.jpg

p.s @*Stormforce~beka* can add sunday nights to the list too 🤣

Edited by Metwatch
  • Thanks 1