Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Moans, ramps and banter

Message added by Paul,

Please keep in mind that this thread is not intended for complaining about or criticising other members. Let's maintain a respectful environment for everyone.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal Disparity: Cold and Snowy Winters, Sunny and Warm Summers.

Random aside, my parents are in Andalusia at the moment and they've said it's been solid cloud there the whole time (5 days this far). Fairly warm at 18-19c but it is Southern Spain, so to be expected. 

That level of cloudiness is not normal though. 

Perhaps Europe as a continent is just generally suffering from a duller-than-usual pattern. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snowy winters, warm, early spring, cool, gentle summer, stormy autumn

Don If April and May are record dry and hot then I might agree with you.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal Disparity: Cold and Snowy Winters, Sunny and Warm Summers.

*Stormforce~beka* he got rudely awoken from sleep by the hushed tones of someone whispering "cool and wet summer".

Nightmare fuel 

NEVES SCREAMER

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Has this turned into the politics thread? I thought it was for arguing about the weather as that's what I usually see when I come in here 🤣

On a weather related note, today was the first day I'd really call nice here in what seems like a very long time. Shame that was it though as it doesn't look encouraging this coming week. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it
12 hours ago, NEVES SCREAMER said:

The cold just has debilitating effect on my mental state. I can't help it but just hate the feeling of it. Cold hands. Cold feet.

I find it fascinating how folk are all so different, just change the word cold to hot and that statement is exactly how i feel. Totally the opposite but in many ways just the same!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Don  My God, you’re brave 😆 After all the drama in here, but there was a full moon so I’m not surprised. 
Pretty chilly here again, not much sun, hopefully that’ll change soon. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Good god there is no end in sight to the misery. GFS is utterly, utterly grim. I'm so glad I've got a holiday somewhere hot in mid-April.

• Like 2

Posted

This is what Meto says. There is no rain outside at the moment, neither heavy nor light. And people still believe their forecasts for April lmao This weekend was nice btw a bit chilly at times, but alright.

image.thumb.png.911c554e97da4224851f8fcdd0253a18.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow
1 minute ago, SunnyG said:

This is what Meto says. There is no rain outside at the moment, neither heavy nor light. And people still believe their forecasts for April lmao This weekend was nice btw a bit chilly at times, but alright.

I’m in Acton at the moment for work and I can confirm it’s raining here so it’s right for this part of London.

• Like 1

Posted

AWD I find them often wrong for North London (like Saturday was supposed to rain in the morning and clear later, instead it rained for 5 minutes in the afternoon). BBC usually more accurate.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow
1 minute ago, SunnyG said:

I find them often wrong for North London (like Saturday was supposed to rain in the morning and clear later, instead it rained for 5 minutes in the afternoon). BBC usually more accurate.

I don’t use Apps at all, regardless of provider (whether it’s the MetO, BBC etc).  Apps are computer generated and generally unreliable for any sort of detail other than a very broad brush view of things.

Meto TV forecast along with radar projections & of course, Netweather’s forecasts are generally what I use to forecast the next 24/48 hours or so.  I then interpret modelling myself for a few days after that.  Beyond about 5 days I don’t even bother with aside for a bit of fun as I don’t find anything particularly reliable beyond then (for micro detail).

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny, dry and preferably hot. Snow is nice in the winter

After hearing so many times "at least this March is drier than last year" - after this monstrously wet ending, we are projected to finish at 139mm, right behind last year's wettest ever 144mm!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1