Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Moans, ramps and banter

Message added by Paul,

Please keep in mind that this thread is not intended for complaining about or criticising other members. Let's maintain a respectful environment for everyone.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal Disparity: Cold and Snowy Winters, Sunny and Warm Summers.
WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM

Hot and dry conditions could force measures despite country experiencing wettest 18 months since records began

What a joke

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and 15-25c

In Absence of True Seasons i want to know who are all these scientist and experts that are always in the headlines...and they are always purveyors of doom and gloom ...still waiting to see the headline everything is alright or nothing sheet will happen next week scientific experts claim.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

Posted

Looking reasonable this weekend. 

IMG_2220.thumb.jpeg.53b9aa1f11a38692fd735a472719b5d9.jpeg

IMG_2221.thumb.jpeg.3cc14f4d632a3eea96f90d73ae721378.jpegIMG_2222.thumb.jpeg.00f0f0474958ad0be7eb75f34738f908.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow
1 minute ago, danm said:

Looking reasonable this weekend

Maybe for you lucky lot in SE England.

Here those graphics show cloud with nearby rain on Saturday & cloud with patchy rain on Sunday.  I’m struggling to withhold my excitement.  😁😁

• Thanks 1

Posted
1 hour ago, *Stormforce~beka* said:

Isssssssssssss orf!

Come the end of August you will be moaning about it being far too dry and will be hoping for a looong wet period!! 🤣

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal Disparity: Cold and Snowy Winters, Sunny and Warm Summers.

Don I doubt it! Anyone who is complaining about that, after the 18 months wettest period on record, needs a reality check

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal (but not excessive heat); love cold winters!

In Absence of True Seasons Yeah, I saw that. Totally incredible. Perhaps inevitable given water privatisation, where profit and 'shareholder return' trumps serving the public and country...

• Like 6

Posted

SollyOlly Bang on, I'd say.

I mean, the fact alone that these corporations are more than happy to leak literal sewage into rivers, streams and lakes (including Lake Windermere where's it's significantly damaged biodiversity in the lake), all to save a a bit more £££, tells you everything you need to know about the degree to which they have the public's best interests in mind...

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snowy winters, warm, early spring, cool, gentle summer, stormy autumn

In Absence of True Seasons More of a result of poor infrastructure that has a complete inability to tolerate dry or even average conditions at this point, I'd think - The last year being so wet has likely masked a total collapse of water infrastructure. There is enough water going around to allow for significant waste at the moment; after a couple of dry and/or hot months the terrible infrastructure will really add up. I recall last June there was serious discussion of Surrey implementing hosepipe bans simply from the number of leaks wasting water and it not having rained for all of three weeks after a generally wet six months... The next period like 2022 will completely pack it in I feel.

• Insightful 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Is this (or is it not) the most optimistic Ten Day Trend since January's yellow snow warnings? 😁

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snowy winters, warm, early spring, cool, gentle summer, stormy autumn

To supplement, 2003 had been dry and warm to hot virtually all year before the August heatwave and autumn drought and there were virtually no water supply issues. There was a considerable drought in 2006 but I don't think there was actually anything like hosepipe bans or the like implemented. There was also a drought by May 2011 in the south where it'd been dry since the start of 2010 and by then had endured multiple spells of prolonged warm to hot conditions, but to my knowledge nothing came from that either. The first hosepipe bans etc. I recall in my lifetime was summer 2018 which was severely dry, after that every considerable heatwave or dry spell seems to be leading to problems with water supply. It seems that it's largely an infrastructure-side problem, although the dry and hot spells becoming more intense isn't helping.

Posted

Methuselah looks it. ALready posted above btw

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny

House across the street is having loads of solar panels put on the roof, must be mad.

• Like 3

Had 4.2mm of rain so far this month here at shoeburyness average for April is 38mm so looking at the ensembles they are not showing huge amounts of rain for down here so we may end up with an average rainfall month 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Clear blue skies!

@danm @cheese Yeah the forecast Danm just posted looks vastly improved so fingers crossed!

• Like 2

Posted

Methuselah Let's pray, we could really do with a stable high establishing mid-month. Hopefully this is the sign of much-needed change.

Sherry It'd be nice if we could get a drier than average month overall nationally, the next couple of cyclones are going to mostly hit areas with high rainfall averages anyway so we shouldn't have anything like last month again, if that high does establish then drier than average is a real possibility. I'll take average-to-wettish if I have to though, that's still a significant improvement on February and March and overall far less rainfall than what we've seen recently.

Here in Kent March was nearly twice as wet as average. However as many probably saw, the majority of this came in the first half and the second half of March was overall a significant improvement. A lot of the south-central plains from the looks of it may have seen over 250% of average rainfall for March.

While there is more rain to come, I am cautiously optimistic that the next two cyclones are a dead cat bounce and March was the last significantly wet month for the rest of the year. Hopefully this winter has just been one backended, highly extended autumn and the second half of the year will be significantly drier than average. I could see every month from this point being a bit drier than the last until we reach July which is then notably dry, August is very dry and then September is the driest on record, followed by a dry autumn and average-to-dry winter.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow in winter,warm sun in summer!!!!

Cloudy wet miserable dull keek for last two days and to make matters worse have came down with the lurgy 🙄

Posted

Don No I bloody won't lol. I love it dry as it makes the patio easier to clean! Right now its been covered in mud the chickens have kicked over it but come summer I can just sweep that up. 😄 The only time I would complain is if we go away as it means my plants die 😞

Edited by *Stormforce~beka*
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot sunny summers to ripen the veg and cold snowy winters of course

Just dropped by to express my "meh" at the weather, everytime I think of going outside it starts raining, then I realise that, despite an optimistic forecast of warmish weather today, it isn't, and it's windy. Brief glimpse of blue sky....but no, clouded over again. Still in winter clothes, fire on shortly.  

• Like 1