Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Moans, ramps and banter

Message added by Paul,

Please keep in mind that this thread is not intended for complaining about or criticising other members. Let's maintain a respectful environment for everyone.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal Disparity: Cold and Snowy Winters, Sunny and Warm Summers.

Was shivering on my way back from grabbing a coffee just now.

This would be why. Good grief.

Love it when it's colder than 95% of winter in May

Screenshot_20240503-111214~3.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted

A lovely day here today, max perhaps 16 but its another dry and sunny day. I was able to use the backpack sprayer and 5 litres of acetic acid (less than  4 euro) a dash of fairy liquid and got my mothers patio and front driveway sprayed. Works a treat, yes they come back, but they get zapped again and no roundup needed for years here. Looking like pssing light rain tomorrow but good after for a week. Looking forward to the weekend and the great outdoors.

• Like 1

Posted

I think the worst part of this is coming off the back of such a rotten run of weather, we really could've done with a nice bright and dry Spring. At this rate we'll be back into gloom in what will feel like a heartbeat. 

Was watching a netflix series the other night based in Spain, and the evening scenes with the sound of crickets made me realise how much I loathe the British climate as I watched the rain pummeling the living room window!! 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted

danm Yeah sure whatevs, as teenagers would say 🙂

I'm old enough to remember when the models forecast a warm and sunny BH week-end. And look what's happening instead.

Posted

Where will the best of the sunshine be tomorrow do we think, East Anglia or Lincolnshire coast? I wanna get away for a day or two. Thinking either Hunstanton or Skegness could be good shouts?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny warmth, thunderstorms, frost

Third straight day of North Sea clag.

I thought Spring 23 was about as bad it could get up here, but I was wrong. Blue sky has become a transient weather phenomena, like lightning or a rainbow. I used to winge about a run of grey mornings, now I just shrug my shoulders at the start of most days. 👎

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal Disparity: Cold and Snowy Winters, Sunny and Warm Summers.

NorthantsSnow Neither.

Try North West Scotland, lol.

northriding I actually was just looking at my phone to see the photos I'd taken of the first few days of May in 2023. I'd taken quite a few because the weather was rather dire for early May, with people still wearing heavy jackets and coats etc.

However, from those photos I am seeing some blue skies and sun.

This year, early May is seeing people still in heavy jackets and coats but with zero sun 😆

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy autumn, hot and sunny summer and thunderstorms all year round.

Most days now I just prefer to stay in my room with the curtains closed all day so I don’t have to be reminded about how rubbish the weather is being.

Constant overcast skies with patches of mist and drizzle, temps stuck between 8-10C with damp grounds like a November day doesn’t tend to make one want to go outside very often.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow in winter,warm sun in summer!!!!

Posted

marky810 Well, we usually get better weather than this in October (and even November), so there's that, lol.

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, snow, warmth, and thunder.

Yesterday was like a November day, today is like a December day. Rotten for May.

But there is hope in the forecast.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm-by-day sunny thundery summers , short cold snowy winters.
Posted (edited)

Despite being completely overcast, today is actually slightly better here - visibility is good and the DP appears to have fallen, hence it feels fresher and less claggy. It's also not oppressively dull.

Not a bad day for the start of March. 😉

Edited by Summer8906

Posted
Posted (edited)

Loads of tourists iondon today. They all look forlorn and cold. Really feel for people who have dreams of visiting London and spend hard earned savings on a holiday just to end up with the worst aspects of this climate in reality. Awful weather for sightseeing 

Edited by In Absence of True Seasons
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love heat & thunderstorms, but hate the cold

In Absence of True Seasons I don't get why people visit England in general tbh besides our long history, I don't see any sort of thing with this country that's worth visiting as majority of tourists will be in the cities and the countryside is beautiful when the weather is good (clear skies and warm or hot) but the likely hood of getting that and having a walk in them are very low.

• Like 2

Posted

In Absence of True Seasons I honestly don't get it. If I wanted to visit for museums + theatres I'd come in early autumn and otherwise I'd go elsewhere for anything else. Continental Europe has everything, except for what I mentioned above (like the stuff we...saved to put in the British Museum & co.). I wouldn't come here in spring/summer if they paid me, let alone paying for it.

Posted

Atmogenic I know what you mean. There's definitely a draw to the history and overall vibe/culture, it's just that the weather is so regularly a preventer to actually doing anything other than indoors things.

British countryside and national parks are arguably the best elements of our country but there's such narrow and random windows where the weather allows for proper use-ability of them.

Yes "no such thing as bad weather just bad clothing yadda yadda" but that's just cope. It's miserable to traipse around the Cotswolds or Lakes or Cornish coast for a solid week of 13c and drizzle lol. No matter how high your wellies are.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love heat & thunderstorms, but hate the cold
Posted (edited)

In Absence of True Seasons

It's miserable to traipse around the Cotswolds or Lakes or Cornish coast for a solid week of 13c and drizzle lol. No matter how high your wellies are.

absolutely, I love finding a nice stye to sit on whilst having a lovely view of the countryside and hearing just the noises of the birds and unfortunately the sounds of cars in the background (but could be worse sounds) and just relaxing there, not having to worry about bugs or any possibly dangerous animals. I mean just yesterday i took a picture of a regular place I go to for the view and peace. But our constant bad weather prevents such lovely time outs that it gives many people SAD and when the lovely weather is there I have to get out fast like I'm late for a doctor's appointment when you shouldn't need to do that

image.thumb.png.2e4aae016909f98ee8f824287386563b.png

btw that brightness in the distance is sun haze when the sun was able to break through for a bit, I didn't have my brightness on max 😄

Edited by Atmogenic
  • Like 2

Posted

Atmogenic if you saw the numbers of far East folk who lap up the sights at Bibury in the Cotswolds, you'd probably be mystified. They come by the coach load, every day, and don't appear to care what the weather is doing. Cameras always in hand, they clearly love the place. At any one time in the tourist season (which seems to be most of the year there), there are hundreds of far East travellers mooching about the quaint village.