Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Moans, ramps and banter

Message added by Paul,

Please keep in mind that this thread is not intended for complaining about or criticising other members. Let's maintain a respectful environment for everyone.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

In Absence of True Seasons to make you feel better, a large swathe of central and SE Europe, plus NW Iberia is under a thick band of cloud, raining too. Lots of heavy showers over France and heavy rain in northern Portugal and NW Spain. 

IMG_2406.thumb.png.ea0cc38f40095786782f1ac3eca50b71.pngIMG_2407.thumb.png.7b1445b0fa3a8251d2643009621f4d04.png

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Proper winter/Proper summer

KTtom same here. I think that’s what you call non committal.They may as well put a question mark ❓ 

• Like 1

Posted

Never had my heating on in May before ... It's on right now 

• Like 5

Posted
Posted (edited)

This place needs some cheering up. So here’s the GFS just rolling out. Continuing to look very nice next week:

image.thumb.png.ec8f3bea10c321dbd254754c04d178c0.png

image.thumb.png.eb0d13f8daa051f13b9b95ff98952fd1.pngimage.thumb.png.8153aa6b3c8f10cdde67e11976ce4559.pngimage.thumb.png.a8eaf71522d10e1b9b89d70bbda6db2a.pngimage.thumb.png.58a46f4f9d405da8786ee169a122db68.png

Edited by danm
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Insightful 1

Posted

Just drove the B3400 from Basingstoke to Andover and it’s a state. Lined with tankers pumping floodwater and half the road is missing where it’s basically washed away. Took me absolutely ages but at least I was warm in my car. 

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Proper winter/Proper summer

My hugely enlightening forecast for next week! At least its dry I suppose. The definition of a non commital forecast!

IMG_8017.thumb.jpeg.c06c0519bdf4932328fbf3d571d09fe1.jpeg

Posted

In Absence of True Seasons Those temperatures in Scandinavia sound like much of the UK north of the Midlands yesterday. In fact we did much better here than most of the places you mention yesterday. Scandinavia has suffered badly recently with temps in the low single figures and snow into late April- so I don't begrudge them those improved conditions!

*Stormforce~beka* You must be a hardy soul then. There are days most years in May when the heating could be justified.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, sun and thunderstorms in summer. Cold sunny days and snow in winter

Alp I would normally agree, but even by UK standards, it has been a poor spring. We would have normally had a few periods of dry and sunny weather by now, lasting for longer than just a couple of days. But instead it's been a continuation of the main weather pattern we've endured over the last 6 or so months with very little progress in temps up until recently. Whilst it is indeed looking to be a lot more settled next week, one week is nowhere near enough to make up for such a dire spring considering that the season lasts for twelve weeks. 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow in winter,warm sun in summer!!!!

*Stormforce~beka* warm and feels humid with little wind , no heating on and currently 19C in sitting room,  so comfortable enough 

• Like 1

Posted

*Stormforce~beka* Spent a small fortune on garden furniture recently, cant remember the last time I was sat in the shed with the spiders in May having a Friday evening beer and smoke 🤐

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal Disparity: Cold and Snowy Winters, Sunny and Warm Summers.

Starting to clear up as evening sets in, standard.

PXL_20240503_165832024.MP.jpg

*Stormforce~beka* You must have had it on last year early May no? It was similar to this at the start of May last albeit not as wet. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny, dry and preferably hot. Snow is nice in the winter

Ended up pretty good here surprisingly. Reached 16.8, challenged for the warmest day of the year so far (says a lot considering it's May) but despite the cloudy forecast it ended up being the sunniest day in two weeks. The forecast is looking sunnier and warmer slowly but surely. Can see a pleasant May on the horizon, if nothing spectacularly warm or sunny.

Posted

KTtom That sucks! Hugs mate. Still not brought any here ... Our old one broke last year 

In Absence of True Seasons Honestly I don't remember but maybe your right!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Clear blue skies!

2 absolutely rancid days in a row in South East Essex, unsurprisingly. Since 2023, it feels like we've gone from one of the sunnier places in the UK to a middle of the road average area when it comes to getting average sunshine figures. Certain places in Scotland, Ireland & even places in the West Midlands seem to easily achieve their average or near way more often than us & lately, are sunnier overall too! Nearby Kent always does far better than us despite being pretty close. Oh how I miss the 2018-2020 era!

I always find May to be the most over-rated month of the year because it has the potential to be absolutely stunning but is so often one of the dullest months of the year in terms of proportional sunshine! In my area at least.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: BWh

Overcast and wet day, but surprisingly not particularly cool. It feels like a wet summer day more than anything, a sense of muted mild with the humidity.

Posted

The current very odd pattern has actually been relatively favourable locally. Two solidly dry and warm days with some cloud breaks on Wednesday and Thursday, and today though much cooler has still stayed dry apart from a brief rain shower around 2pm, which had been predicted to be much more extensive.

Looking forward to next week, which I'm fortunate enough to have booked off work. Weather looks about as nice as you'd reasonably have any right to expect at my location at this time of year. No heatwave but pleasantly very mild to warm every day.

Posted

Has anyone noticed that 2019 and 2020 have almost the same weather except February (August 2020 is August 2019 in reverse).

• Insightful 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Aye Sean, May isn't a good month for the south, normally a NW/SE split, often the summeriest month for NW and parts of W Scotland, where as opposite way round for late June to late Aug

• Like 1

Posted

Tomorrow and Sunday are looking at lot better than feared considering the trough that’s going to be over us. The south should have a much brighter, sunnier day with possibly just a few isolated showers. Sunday similar. 

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: BWh

The current pattern reminds me of 2021 in a way. I seem to remember a north south split with the south getting a horrendous summer whereas the north had plenty of warm to hot spells (albeit very thundery)

• Like 2