Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Moans, ramps and banter

Message added by Paul,

Please keep in mind that this thread is not intended for complaining about or criticising other members. Let's maintain a respectful environment for everyone.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms
Posted (edited)

I’ve hardly paid any attention to the models recently so I’m not worrying over variation from one run to the next. I really think some people are secretly happiest when miserable 😂

Edited by cheese
  • Like 5

Posted

cheese You can almost sense the excitement from some when they see a hint that things might be going wrong.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Clear blue skies!

cheese I try to avoid looking at models but annoyingly people keep posting the crap runs in here all the time so it's hard to avoid 😂 I must admit I am very pessimistic due to how long this pattern has gone on for but I do have Hope at least 🤞

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Yes, like certain members in winter, who don't post now, former world snooker champion namesake (playing today 10am) and footballer number spelled backwards, they'll be on with excitement in winter when cold runs fail

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

Jonnoramo87 is this a joke post?

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny, dry and preferably hot. Snow is nice in the winter

Don't care too much about run to run variation about the details of this high, only how long it sticks around. If it can last at least a week I think we can go forward knowing that things can genuinely turn for the better in the summer.

I think our little collection of SSWs in January to March ensured a long run of unsettled low pressure conditions well into spring, a lot like last year but longer thanks to there being 3(!) of them which is pretty much unprecedented. Any high that tries to build in these periods gets shunted away and we end up with a half hearted affair (see mid April 2023 and 2024). But after 8+ weeks (so around now) since the final one these SSWs will finally lose their influence very quickly and it will be a lot easier for high pressure to build.

• Thanks 1

Posted
39 minutes ago, cheese said:

I’ve hardly paid any attention to the models recently so I’m not worrying over variation from one run to the next. I really think some people are secretly happiest when miserable

🤣 so true! 

Well this is more like it! 

IMG_2409.thumb.jpeg.4af9c1c4b8b7739a0f73e04874a16acf.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Wind, Sunny, Warm, Thunderstorms, Snow
Posted (edited)

SunSean I hope sun for you guys 🫶🏻… on a 12 hour shift today and tomorrow, hoping Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday next week are sunny and warm so I can enjoy it. But it is lovely sitting out in some sun in my break, really lifts the mood, I feel happy 😊 enjoy the sun today everyone. Temp wise feels pleasant and warmer than 7am this morning when I left home.

Have you got sun now @SunSean ☀️ 😀

1AC9B029-5D71-4969-A137-54DDF60AEDB8.png

Edited by TwisterGirl81
  • Like 2

Posted

Amazed to have a decent morning in my locality. Best in ages. Just a light breeze, and pleasant enough to sit out. 

IMG_9883.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold winters and cool summers.
Posted (edited)

Who knew a simple high could cause so much worry . I suppose when you don’t have ridges for a while you become over-sensitised to them! The outlook looks fine bar some unforeseen weather front or something. 

I think it’s a shame if anyone would approach the weather hobby as a point scoring thing and search for things to go wrong. The behaviour gets pointed out always but I find a lot of the ones who point it out usually do the same behaviour anyway. 🤣 Unfortunately the weather does what it pleases to the chagrin of us all. But never mind all that, we’ll have high pressure for about 4 whole days at the very least. I thought that’s what people were excited about. 😅

Edited by LetItSnow!
  • Like 1

Posted

Considering this was meant to be a washout weekend, today looks largely fine in the south, lots of sunshine at the moment. Possibly a few isolated showers late afternoon. The forecast tomorrow for around here is 19c with sunny spells. I’ll be in Liverpool tomorrow where the forecast is very similar. 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal Disparity: Cold and Snowy Winters, Sunny and Warm Summers.

Good grief, the sun is actually out. It's a god-damn miracle!

The showers that were expected later seem to be dissipating too. Love to see it.

PXL_20240504_094724871.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted

What hte bloody hell is happening?! It's 16c and it's not even 11am??! ... There is hardly a cloud except some fluffy puffy wuffys. Have I been transported to another country over night?! ...

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Proper winter/Proper summer

Very cloudy here today but dry.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal Disparity: Cold and Snowy Winters, Sunny and Warm Summers.

Looks like it'll peak today at only around 17c in my area which is a shame.

Couple of degrees warmer would've been just to ticket to help that evening warmth for my friend's engagement party today 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny, cosy and stormy, cold and frosty, some snow

This BH weekend turning out much better than anticipated a few days ago. Lovely morning and tomorrow looks half decent too. Monday looking like the dodgy one but who knows maybe that'll change n' all! Excited at the prospect of a nice sunny and warm week. I'll not jinx it though . . .

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Clear blue skies!

TwisterGirl81 Yes, actually been a proper Spring morning! Was out walking the dog in the local nature park, birds singing, ice cream van out, bouncy castles set up, people smiling, sun shining, no rain or silly winds, how a Spring morning should be!

Meant to cloud over in a bit but nice to have a good morning at least. Small mercies! Lol.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Posted

Does show how regional it is - Wednesday and Thursday were the best of this week so far and today I'm stuck under thick, low grey cloud. On the cool side as well - around 11-12C at the moment. At least it is forecast to stay dry I suppose, so still useable. I'll take it in all honesty, my expectations are that low at the moment.

Posted

WYorksWeather we're on what should be the edge of the band and its totally overcast here too. Annoyingly it has barely moved all morning. 13.3C here at the moment.

• Like 1

Posted

reef According to most forecasts it's not going to break here all day, but at least it isn't forecast rain I suppose. A useable but uninspiring day, but nevertheless I'll be off the forum in a few minutes because I'm going to go and make use of it 😀.

Posted
1 hour ago, *Stormforce~beka* said:

What hte bloody hell is happening?! It's 16c and it's not even 11am??! ... There is hardly a cloud except some fluffy puffy wuffys. Have I been transported to another country over night?! ...

You had better not start moaning about it being too warm and sunny now! 🤣

Rather overcast here and wasn't 16C before 11am, in fact it's not 16C now!

In Absence of True Seasons I hope you're wearing sunglasses, your eyes will need time to adjust! 😲

• Thanks 1