Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Moans, ramps and banter

Message added by Paul,

Please keep in mind that this thread is not intended for complaining about or criticising other members. Let's maintain a respectful environment for everyone.

Posted

Yes it has been bad, for a long period,  but the negativity on here given that we about  to go into a lovely week and proper Spring/Summer is not proportionate. We live in at a northern latitude and given how long all of you have lived in the UK for, I would of thought this kind of weather is nothing new for the UK.  The UK is great for loads of reasons and opportunities, that the weather alone does not quash. Try living in Russia, that has bad weather and government, just take a look at Moscow's forecast for the next week. The grass is not always greener and it is very green here!! 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal Disparity: Cold and Snowy Winters, Sunny and Warm Summers.
Posted (edited)

Alp The grass is indeed very green here. Because it rains for 332 days out of a year.

I'm not quite sure the point of your post? Living in Britain all one's life doesn't make one immune to S.A.D nor does it make one enjoy 9c and rain in May. 

You can only polish a turd so far before it turns to mush in your hands.

Edited by In Absence of True Seasons
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal Disparity: Cold and Snowy Winters, Sunny and Warm Summers.

Downburst well no, I know.

I just mean that it's a real shame, we cannot have pleasant Spring synoptics in place by May.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Proper winter/Proper summer

Some of the posts on here about tourists have me laughing. I thought I was the only one to feel genuinely sorry, almost apologetic when I seen tourists traipsing rounded my city and nearby attractions in pouring rain and wind. I often thought there’s another group that won’t be back!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Posted

Yet another inaccurate forecast (locally) from UK Meto. Rain supposed to have cleared by 10.00am today. Started my patio grouting at 10.30 and in last hour it's decided to piddle down.

Do they still get their funds from us, the UK taxpayer?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

SunnyG you sure you aren't actually a teenager? 😂

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Csa/Csb

Alp But this is very bad for the UK, which normally isn't consistently this bad in spring. 

We would have expected a few dry and sunny weeks by now, at the very least.

• Like 4

Posted

Once again, Oban Airport is the warmest spot today with 24C. They must be quite perplexed up there given they hardly see that in the summer, let alone May. 

• Thanks 1

Posted

Bristawl Si this band of rain has moved north so slowly today, definitely slower than forecast yesterday. 

Posted

My doggy used to hate puddles on his walks but he's had to get used to them.

London rain is relentless.

PXL_20240503_113457985.jpg

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow in winter,warm sun in summer!!!!

My , the Mets txt forecasts are bloody awful,  went front dry with sunny spells at one to now cloudy with thundery showes at 2 for rest of day   🤔

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Clear blue skies!

Wimbledon88 Same although he still tries in vain to avoid them, almost pulling me into them face first 😂

Posted
1 hour ago, SunnyG said:

May is the new December

December 2015 perhaps!

Must admit though after a few warm/humid days, it is rather chilly and overcast today.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Like: heat, sun, thunderstorms. Dislike: cold, overcast, wind chill

Stuck under a 'warm' front... cold, wet, yuck! 🤢🥶

image.png

• Thanks 1

Posted

Bristawl Si the rain band seems to be a fair bit further south than expected. I'd say in this area we won't clear it during daylight hours, and we were expecting a dry afternoon. 10c may be the max. Can't see Bristol doing much better tbh. 

Posted

My location has a white cloud symbol for everyday next week on the Met office App. Ive put a couple other places in the search such as Birmingham and its the same..is this supposed to be a 'cloudy high' next week?

Posted
Posted (edited)

KTtom the Met Office app is notorious for that. Honestly, I'd pay very little attention to any app beyond a couple of days. They change constantly as they are dictated by raw model output, and their algorithms can sometimes be quite odd. 

For example, the BBC weather app will always show as the headline symbol, the worst weather that is expected on a particular day, even if that weather is only expected for a very short period of time. E.g. if you had sunny spells all day, but a shower or two was expected over a one or two hour period, the symbol will show showers. I use the apps at most as a very tentative guide on the possible direction of travel. not what the weather is actually going to be like beyond a few days out. 

Edited by danm
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Got lucky here, for a change. 16.2°C and sunny spells.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Enjoy the weather, you can't take it with you 😎
1 hour ago, Bristawl Si said:

Do they still get their funds from us, the UK taxpayer?

I really hope not! Tbh ,if they do, their should be a radical rethink to how they are funded. !!!

• Like 1

Posted

The wider map of weather across Europe is seriously depressing. Virtually everywhere is enjoying partly to fully sunny weather in the 18-22c range.

It's only the specific band of England stuck under this dross, alongside the respective parts of Belgium, France, the Netherlands and Germany also caught up in it, who are wallowing in 9-13c and rain. 

Scandinavia is stunning atm. Copenhagen 19c and sunny, Stockholm 18c and sunny, Gothenburg 24c (wow!) and sunny, Helsinki 17c and sunny, Oslo 22c and mostly sunny. Even bloody Bergen renowned for its dross climate is 23c and mostly sunny!

Ugh. I know there is nothing we can do so a level of detachment is needed, but nevertheless, still endlessly tiresome that we cannot enjoy the same conditions.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

In Absence of True Seasons It’s raining here in Czechia. After some warm, sunny but stupidly windy days, admittedly. I’m pleased it’s raining here, as the ground was getting very hard and I’m laying a paved path, so it’s a bit softer now, thankfully. Unbelievably, much of Czechia is going into a rainfall deficit, despite lots of rain a few months ago. Definitely feel for you in the UK, it’s been relentless, months and months of wet weather. It doesn’t have to stop completely, just be interspersed by decent periods of sunshine. A very hard ask, it seems 🤷‍♂️ 

Some interesting clouds today in Czechia, but no thunder (as yet) 😔 

IMG_1461.jpeg

IMG_1463.jpeg

• Like 3