Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Moans, ramps and banter

Message added by Paul,

Please keep in mind that this thread is not intended for complaining about or criticising other members. Let's maintain a respectful environment for everyone.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal (but not excessive heat); love cold winters!

Alderc 2.0 I say the same about the opposite, when folk find, say, 7c 'cold'...! It's great that we're all different. Personally, I might well find 21c a tad too warm in early April... 

Posted

It's blowing a right ole hooley here and chucking it down!! 😲

raz.org.rain No, that will come early June! 😉 😝

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Csa/Csb

SollyOlly 7c being 'cold' in winter would be the equivalent of people calling 25-26c 'hot' in summer.

Posted

B87 ha ha, guilty as charged, mate! 🙂

Posted

I see single digit temps appearing again in the 10 day range.

last spring was the worst ever, but it looks like this spring is going to run it real close.

God awful. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal Disparity: Cold and Snowy Winters, Sunny and Warm Summers.

I know it's probably a bit pessimistic, but nevertheless, this a genuinely diabolical run for early to mid April. Christ. 

Low double digits and raining. literally exactly the same as what we've had in Oct, Nov and Dec 2023, as well as Feb and March (and now April) 2024. 

The continuation of the dominant dull, wet and mild pattern is honestly impressive. I'm surprised it's lasting this long into the year. 

Screenshot_20240406-205351~2.png

Edited by In Absence of True Seasons
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: BWh

Brief cooler spell likely won't last long and I'd imagine will get watered down to closer to average.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Clear blue skies!

Been at work all day and just came on here to see that for the 90,000th time, any inkling of settled sunny weather has been replaced with yet more satanic hellscum, manure infested, herpes ridden, vomit inducing heap of absolute raw sewage.

Can this weather pattern, for the love of God, die and rot in the depths of hell.

I wonder what us Brits have done to get this never ending complete and utter cack.

Edited by SunSean
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Posted

SunSean At least the rain is warmer than it was in December, I guess...

Speaking of which, already approaching half of monthly rainfall after only four days on the England and Wales Precipitation:

image.thumb.png.05b299bd0cdf9e07b3770f9092bf4267.png

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snowy winters, warm, early spring, cool, gentle summer, stormy autumn

WYorksWeather 1971? Not the first time I've seen that year come up as a possible analogue.

Posted

WYorksWeather That's crazy. It's like a never-ending nightmare! Any lovers of grey & wet have pretty much won the lottery since March 2023.

• Like 1

Posted
2 hours ago, raz.org.rain said:

maybe if Yellowstone erupts

🤔 🤫🫣

Posted
1 hour ago, raz.org.rain said:

Brief cooler spell likely won't last long and I'd imagine will get watered down to closer to average.

Or it will get watered down to the point where there won't even be a cooler spell at all?!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: BWh

Don I'm leaning more towards that outcome personally, I can't see anything spectacularly cool landing on our shores given the current setups. We've seen this happen before and it gets watered down into nothing.

• Like 2

Posted
35 minutes ago, raz.org.rain said:

We've seen this happen before and it gets watered down into nothing.

Exactly

• Like 1

Posted

Time for the Prime Minister to call a COBRA meeting, snow inbound 😆

gfs-huntingdon-gb-525n-0.jpeg

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

I thought this weekend was supposed to be dry, warm & sunny.  Swear this was touted as a decent weekend all last week.  Yes, it’s definitely been warm but dry & sunny it has not been for my area at least.  Looking at the radar, it’s looks like another grey drizzle fest is inbound shortly;

IMG_1020.thumb.jpeg.33c71e25fcb479e1cfe834a5291a8a01.jpeg

It seems like, just as in winter with cold/snowy forecasts, we’ve started of the warm season with drier/sunnier forecasts also getting downgraded nearer the time and end up with perpetual gloom that doesn’t differentiate between calendar seasons.  Might as well just forget seasons in this country now, as the weather is just the same regardless of what season we are supposed to be in.

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal Disparity: Cold and Snowy Winters, Sunny and Warm Summers.

AWD Well I'm on my final day in the Yorkshire dales. On Friday, the forecast for today had 14/15c and partly sunny.

It's currently 8c with a "feels like 4c", and 10c the high later. Oh, and raining on and off too. 😆

Massive downgrades as per usual. Yesterday was decent, but today....classic grim conditions.

• Like 1

Posted

We're in the big line of "clear sky" according to the satellite and yet still, a patch directly above my area decides to inbreed like a pack of hillbillies, creating the one block of self sustaining cloud in the entire "clear" line. I hereby declare Southend/Shoeburyness area as a new cloud magnet epicentre.

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

AWD I've been pretty much under that band for the last hour. Not incredibly heavy rain, but irritating and persistent and unpleasant to be out in. However, just in the last few minutes the sun has appeared. There is hope!

I do get the point about things being the same all the time, though. "Low-mid teens, cloudy, damp, windy at times" -- it currently feels like that's going to be right about 300 days a year...

Edited by Arctic Hare

Posted

Arctic Hare

3 minutes ago, Arctic Hare said:

I do get the point about things being the same all the time, though. "Low-mid teens, cloudy, damp, windy at times" -- it currently feels like that's going to be right about 300 days a year...

Yeah...wouldn't it be awful if that was our new climate...truly, the death of seasons! Seriously, if some of the younger folk on here who didn't experience four English seasons could somehow magically go back in time and see what our weather used to be like - the variety, the (cooler!) temperatures, less rain etc - they'd be amazed! 

I almost feel guilty saying that it's sunny here atm, but no doubt it won't last...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1