Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Moans, ramps and banter

Message added by Paul,

Please keep in mind that this thread is not intended for complaining about or criticising other members. Let's maintain a respectful environment for everyone.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

A nice early Spring day with lots of hazy sunshine. Chilly though...

• Like 4

Posted

12c, hazy sun, wind not too bad here. Beautiful early Spring day. Did some weeding, now about to cut the lawn. 1st cut since January🤣.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, thunderstorms, warmth, sun any time!
2 hours ago, Racer said:

Wife suggested cutting the grass today, first time since October, before it rains again tomorrow. First cut is always a bit of a battle, which I expected, but despite all the rain it was pretty dry. 

2 hours ago, Bristawl Si said:

now about to cut the lawn. 1st cut since January🤣.

Also just done it here, but for the second time this year!

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Bright weather. Warm sunny thundery summers, short cold winters.

I remember Atlantic 252 Yes, back to the same old dull wet humid tripe we've endured since last June by the looks of things.

Actually felt like spring this week, next week it's back to feeling like a particularly bad spell in November.

And the Met Office forecast for the rest of the month is simply dire or the south. Endless rain with no let-up whatsoever from tomorrow, by the looks of it. The second dire month, and second dire March, on the trot.

Edited by Summer8906
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

to me it feels miles warmer when wet/windy, this week it's been this bitter dry cold

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Wind, Sunny, Warm, Thunderstorms, Snow

Mike Poole ssw are rare? Happened last year too and sodded up spring 2023, a repeat this year is not needed and would be a hard slap in the face from the overall dull wet weather we’ve endured the past several months.

Sun and warmth now please, a freeze and more rain is not needed nor desired…I don’t fancy owing energy companies money even after the large (for me!) credit I built up last year to see me through winter. I can’t take the weather, government and energy companies laughing at our expense.

We need some beautiful weather to raise this country’s morale, it is spring after all 

Edited by TwisterGirl81
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Bright weather. Warm sunny thundery summers, short cold winters.

I remember Atlantic 252 But arguably the kind of oppressive, humid, dark mildness which is typical of November. To me, spring weather is a little bit chilly, but crucially bright.

I was thinking how bright it seemed at 6pm today, thanks to the good weather. I wonder if it'll be BST until we see it this bright at 6pm again...

• Thanks 1

Posted

As poor as March has been so far for sunshine (Decent for dry weather), it has still felt brighter than the last 3 Marches up until this point

Posted

baddie Here (so far) the problem has been the opposite of that, sunshine has been quite reasonable but it's been very wet. Just half the days so far have been dry (assuming it stays dry until midnight today) but most days have had some sun. The 1st, 4th and 5th in particular were very wet.

I fear that with the return of cyclonic SW-lies it will become once again very dull as well as wet, which will not only make it seem unseasonably dark, but will do nothing to mitigate the danger of severe flooding in the south if we don't get a lasting type change soon.

GFS12z a bit more hopeful (for dry/sunny weather) with a northerly the week after next. We can but hope...

Edited by Summer8906

Posted

Summer8906 I am starting to quite like anticyclonic gloom for some reason, feels so atmospheric (Not long dull spells like March 1996, 2006 in the Midlands and 2013). If the second half is a brighter and drier version of March 2023 then I would take that

Wet and Sunny is always better than Wet and Dull, but after this awful winter, I would take Dry and Dull

Edited by baddie

Posted

baddie GFS 00z seems to suggest that the second half (in fact starting tomorrow, so more like the second two-thirds) will be a repeat of March 2023.

Could really do without that, and of course March 2023 did not follow an 8-month wet period. Any prolonged wet period now could produce a major flooding and agricultural crisis.

Looking up thread I see comparisons with March 2012; if runs like GFS 00z are accurate, this month will be about as similar to March 2012 as summer 1956 was with summer 1976!

Edited by Summer8906

Posted

Summer8906 In my area, I could really put this March so far together with 2012 to this point. Both seen anticyclonic gloom and hazy sunshine. Hoping we just go ahead and see an end like March 2012 as long as we dont see an abomination of a spring/summer ahead

Posted

baddie No anticyclonic gloom here. The 1st-5th mostly wet but also bright. The last three days bright and dry, particualrly Wed.

However looking at some of today's models I do wonder where the next bright day will come from, or the next dry day for that matter.

Definitely March 2023 but with a brighter, wetter and less cold start.

Edited by Summer8906

Posted

Summer8906 Met Office models arent that good either, but Im hoping their 2-4 week forecast is most wrong. What happened to that March version of May 2023 that we would all welcome right now?????

• Like 1

Posted

My word its a strong cold easterley tonight. I can hear it howling through the garden.

Edited by marky810

Posted

Summer8906 Let us not believe anything Meto forecasts beyond 4 days tops.  And I am being generous, since I do not trust them beyond the 24 hour mark. 🙂

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Clear blue skies!

SunnyG I don't trust them beyond the 8 to 12 hour mark now lol. Our "fully sunny" day today was pretty much entirely overcast!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and 15-25c

HurricaneSteve that would be me in mid June here in Edmonton

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny, dry and preferably hot. Snow is nice in the winter

How has this March been anything like 2012 so far lol

• Like 1

Posted

SW'lies looks to be returning on Wednesday according to Met Office, but at least it bring in dry stuff. Hopefully it stays like it until at least early-April

Edited by baddie
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: BWh

baddie I'm sure someone was saying in the MOD thread that there's some signals of a potential warm end to March, going as far as using the P word.

• Like 4