Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Storm Reports - 01st May 2005

Nabraxas

Posted
  • Location: Leicester City Centre (Home) Ashby-De-La-Zouch (Work)

Please post any storm reports in this thread. :)

Posted

Storm in Hereford. Long way off, minimal and distant thunder. Sheet lightening hapening about 5 flashes evry 3/4 seconds-loads of it, amazing already!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms.
:) thunderstorm going on now here in Swindon................... :lol: damn, massive flash and bang overhead!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted

Just to add storm came from the SW and is moving NE quite fast.Still raining steady.

Posted

follow up, sheet lightning with fork lightning in the foreground at the same time. lightning is non stop and the thunder has been one continuous roll for nearly 20 minutes. now approaching overhead and getting very loud and very active!

Best Hereford storm for years!!!

Posted

:lol: There have been some seriously close flashes............eeeeeeek! Massive CG's :)

Posted

strobe lightning here for the last two hours hardly any thunder but loads of lightning lighting up the sky all around me best lightning i have seen for yrs. No rain as yet but think storm is moving to my north west.

lol kaz x

Posted

I posted in the other thread about it feeling like Spain in Sept last year but I didn't expect a Spanish night time occurence too ;)

I went to bed at 11pm with the blind open, just after midnight woken to a grumbling thunder.

Out I leapt, there seemed to be 3 cells - 1 W,1 E and 1 coming for me :)

Constant rumbling thunder (not loud) and constant strobe lightning from all 3 cells. The 1 coming for me got overhead at 0037 with only moderate rain (radar suggests torrential nearby) but died out :)

The one to the E kept going sporadically then died about 0100.

The one W which Kcin would have had is still going. When the rain stopped I went outside and watched it, the cloud isn't deep but seems to have turreted (AltCas) scattered in it. Constant strobe and C-C (I saw no CG strikes at all). Some of the strobes chased each other from W-E right across the sky :lol: :);)

A very gusty wind led me indoors to come on here but it's still strobing away towards Bath/Bristol.

If this is from the 1st 2005 plume, let's have some more please;)

Posted

this is amazing-it just keeps cranking up. Thunder Getting very fierce and loud. Lightning is no longer concentrated in one part of the sky - multiple forks across the sky - sometimes 3 or 4 at one time.

This is as good as the amazing tropical storms i saw in corfu 2 years ago and the best storm i have ever seen in hereford. amazing!

Posted

Storm has cleared as fast as it came.Still very humid outside, wierd thing is there are lots of frogs jumping around my patio and pond! :)

Posted

Two cells moved through here about 40 minutes ago and lasted 20 minutes or so, with another one that was approaching from the southwest but has taken a westerly track now (guess it's heading over towards the Royal Forest of Dean. The two earlier cells were very active with 20-30 flashes per minute from each of them. Mostly IC and only saw a couple of CG's from my vantage point. Tried to take a few photos but since this is a built up area there's lots of light pollution... now if only the power had gone out! :)

Edited by DaveT

Posted

The most amazing lightning show i have ever seen has just about passed through here. Constant lightning. Not to much thunder but that was a absolote pleasure to watch. Happy to be woken for that. AMAZING.

Posted
  • Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, England. 108.7m ASL
  • Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, England. 108.7m ASL

hmm ok, watching a numer of storms from my location here in milton keynes, 2 to my west and 1 to my south east. fingers crossed they are gonna meet up and have a party over at my house :) most amazing lightning i have seen for quite a while this early in the spring. 7 or 8 flashes of what appears to be IC at a distance, rads reporting CG's too. :) :lol: ;) here comes the fun i think ;):):)

Posted

sorry its late but 1:25 am this morning massive storm here in bristol lightning coming from all angles thunder that shock my body and hail that was the biggest i av ever seen 2 cm across wow it was amazing first storm of the year and boy it was big short lived 30 mins if that but huge its now moving ne

have fun up there stay safe

Posted

Constant thunder and lightning over me... just suddenly happened .. woke me up :)

Posted

Great thunderstorm here, lightning quite frequest with the odd loud rumble of thunder. We haven't had a night time storm here for years. :)

Posted

Storm here,very little rain but lots of lightning with distant rumbles.Woke me up at 2.30am,went quiet at 3am

Posted

Just been on a 3 hours drive Of the west country & it's lightning. Went from Bristol to Swindon then over to Glouster. Seen some amazing lightning tonight!

Posted

Thunderstorm passed through here a little while ago. :)

Posted

we too had a thuder storm last night, 1st one in years. cool

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Unexpected gusts of wind, and cumulus clouds in rude and amusing shapes.

I've just checked to the Wetterzentrale Lightning detector to see a few active cells passed over my area around 3-4am.

To my annoyance and disappointed I slept through it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :):):angry::angry:

Posted

Got woken up at 2am this morning by the most amazing storm, little in the way of thunder but the lightning was continuous and amazing.

The rain was absolutely deafening and then came the hail, my son and I were surpised at the size of the hail, it was an inch in length by about half inch depth.

Posted

wwwwooooooooowwww! Don't post here much, mainly read but have to tell you about last nights spectacular!!

It started with loads of lightning in the distance from about 11pm, when I dragged myself outside to hope for the best storm yet......and yes, I was right!

About 1140pm the lightning was flashing all around non stop and then the thunder started....torrential rain, which soaked our gardens and streets in seconds, and we took some wicked pictures with our digital camera...I don't know how to post them but if someone could do it for I would be pleased to share!

There seemed to be a few storms passing over last night and it continued till 1.15am when I finally retired to my bed, to watch the lightning from my bedroom window....finally getting to sleep about 1.45.....Its a shame we didn't have a power cut last night cos I had all my candles lit ready for it.....

Hope we are in for some more tonight!!

Take care u lot!!

Carly xx

ps, if someone wants to e-mail me I will send u the pics to post!!

[email protected]