Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Hurricane Rita.

Posted

I'm starting to feel sorry for all the reporters stationed in Galveston, looking forward to their day of heroic fame wearing their waterproofs...

...Rita is gonna miss by miles!

I'm sure Steve whats-his-name will know where to go...

...my thoughts are with his family!

Smich

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!

the whole beast is bigger too Mondy- this is truely a monster! will be watching what happens over next few hours with close eyes (unless i get too tired :p )

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot & Sunny, Cold & Snowy

On the Western Atlantic Water Vapour loop (GOES) you can see a large mass of moisture 'plume' over W. Cuba and join Rita on her SE flank. This cargo looks L.A. bound and is maybe a little added 'extra' we'd not reckoned on.

Posted

Gray-Wolf,its a very impressive feeder band,it must cover abnout 1000 miles in all I'd have thought.Storm is probably bigger as well,close to Katrina's size now I believe,the widnfeild expanding is typical thing that occurs when a Eyewall replacement cycle begins,Haven't seen latest iages and will need t owait till recon but looks like the outer-eyewall is still trying to contract inwards and if now fuly closed which means it'll probably finish its Eyewall replacement later tonight.

Certainly a beast though,even if it comes in as a minimal cat-4(I'm plumping for 140mph at landfall)it'll still have astorm surge of a cat-5 as the folks in Pensacola found out with Ivan and NO folks with Katrina.

(ps,its actually Rita itslef that is causing the plume,not the plume causing Rita to move northwards)

Edited by kold weather