Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Hurricane Rita Pt3

Posted
They are actually Very good conditions for surfing (before the storm comes) Light winds will make the waves clean. 3-4FT surf is hitting the coastline at the moment. If it wasnt for the police there would be hundreds of surfers out there!!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It's pitch black, the emergency services are run off their feet and they don't need some complete pillock wasting their time.

Fortunately they now have him cuffed so hopefully he won't cause any more problems.

Posted
They are actually Very good conditions for surfing (before the storm comes) Light winds will make the waves clean. 3-4FT surf is hitting the coastline at the moment. If it wasnt for the police there would be hundreds of surfers out there!!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Good point....i would quite enjoy surfing a tsunami sized wave. It would literally be the thrill to end all thrills... :o

Posted

VORTEX DATA MESSAGE

A. 23/10:07:30Z

B. 26 deg 53 min N

091 deg 11 min W

C. 700 mb 2468 m

D. NA kt

E. deg nm

F. 233 deg 114 kt

G. 139 deg 019 nm

H. 927 mb

I. 14 C/ 3052 m

J. 17 C/ 3048 m

K. 16 C/ NA

L. CLOSED

M. C30

N. 12345/ 7

O. 0.02 / 2 nm

P. AF307 2118A RITA OB 13

MAX FL WIND 126 KT NE QUAD 08:25:00 Z

SOUTH 20 PERCENT OF EYE WALL BULGING OUTWARD 8NM; REST CIRCULAR.

That's whats wrong with the eye GW..

Posted
good morning all

just been watching the imagery again

http://www.ssd.noaa.gov/PS/TROP/DATA/RT/watl-vis-loop.html

this really shows what's happening with rita and phil.  There is absolutely no doubt these two storms are interacting with one another.  They flirted for a while and now Rita seems to be trying to pull phil apart.  She's the black widow spider of all storms.  There are now 4 main zor in phil, his tail end is being pulled in, watch closely as one hurricane devours another.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That needs a Java runtime plug-in that refuses to install it self on my system.

In fact, i've had Java before and it was complete pants....

Posted

matmilne, I dont think there is much going on between Rita and Phillipe now, but, Phillipe is to be watched, its a weird one, I dont think we have seen the last of that system.

It's pitch black, the emergency services are run off their feet and they don't need some complete pillock wasting their time.

Fortunately they now have him cuffed so hopefully he won't cause any more problems.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I saw that, there's always one with no brains.

Posted
I don't think it's fair to cuff him like that. If he wants to go out and surf...let him.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Were you watching? They thought he was dead. His surfboard was washed in and there was no sign of him. When he eventually made it in he wanted to go back out. The fact that he approached a TV crew and told them what he was going to do shows he was an attention seeker.

It is unfair and irresponsible to divert the emergency services to something as pathetic and unnecessary as this when they are trying to prepare for a potential catastrophe.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

Hurricane Rita :-

post-3297-1127473595.png

Anyone hear about the 4 Earthquakes in LA or something????

Posted

Pressure seems to have become a bit more stable again now,at 927mbs which may mean that at least the inner problems aren't getting any worse for Rita.I'd be suprised now if gets any stronger then it is now as shear and overall lower Heat content will start to limit it strengthening,probably at 140mph I suspect at the moment,may reach 145mph if it does get its structure sorted but the time for it to reach cat-5 is running out now as it starts to move away from that eddy.

Posted

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi having just come back from a brill weekend of surfing i have to agree there is no reason why they shouldnt be surfing the conditions are brill, but yes if they are there tomorow then they are bonkers but at the mo its safe. If you could see what some of the blokes/woman surf this is not that bad.

lol kaz xxx

Posted
Hi having just come back from a brill weekend of surfing i have to agree there is no reason why they shouldnt be surfing the conditions are brill, but yes if they are there tomorow then they are bonkers but at the mo its safe. If you could see what some of the blokes/woman surf this  is not that bad.

lol kaz xxx

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It is pitch black, he jumped of the end of a pier, he was a middle-aged very unfit looking man and when they spoke to him he sounded drunk.

I suppose the only advantage would be he could have been wiped out of the gene pool - Natural selection and all that.

Posted

tf you watch the feeding clouds to the south, and the northern band of rita, you'll deffinately see phil try to pull them in. just watch the feed.

the attatchment shows where i think the main zones of interaction are.

The line of thunderstorms in dark blue connect the 2 storms

the light blue shows the lines of feeder cloud, note all bar one are angled at phil.

the red is the expelled northern arm of rita being now pulled in by phil

the yellow is the main movement of air into these systems, and the purple is an extreemly loose border between the two note the sheer size of phil compared to rita.

rita_and_phil_interaction.bmp

Posted
It is pitch black, he jumped of the end of a pier, he was a middle-aged very unfit looking man and when they spoke to him he sounded drunk. 

I suppose the only advantage would be he could have been wiped out of the gene pool - Natural selection and all that.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

lOOOL...I didn't see the video\clip of that. Sorry...i thought he was a proper surfer.

Posted
tf you watch the feeding clouds to the south, and the northern band of rita, you'll deffinately see phil try to pull them in.  just watch the feed.

the attatchment shows where i think the main zones of interaction are.

The line of thunderstorms in dark blue connect the 2 storms

the light blue shows the lines of feeder cloud, note all bar one are angled at phil.

the red is the expelled northern arm of rita being now pulled in by phil

the yellow is the main movement of air into these systems, and the purple is an extreemly loose border between the two note  the sheer size of phil compared to rita.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't think there is a great degree of interaction there, but i agree that there is some interaction, but not to the extent where any is trying to 'pull' another apart.

Phillipe is now only as strong as a lively October low-pressure system that would affect Scotland at this time of the year.

Edited by PersianPaladin

Posted
I don't think there is a great degree of interaction there, but i agree that there is some interaction, but not to the extent where any is trying to 'pull' another apart.

Phillipe is now only as strong as a lively October low-pressure system that would affect Scotland at this time of the year.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

A BROAD AREA OF LOW PRESSURE HAS FORMED ABOUT 500 MILES SOUTH OF

BERMUDA...AND A FEW HUNDRED MILES SOUTHWEST OF TROPICAL STORM

PHILIPPE. THUNDERSTORM ACTIVITY IS SOMEWHAT LIMITED...BUT THIS

SYSTEM HAS THE POTENTIAL FOR SOME GRADUAL DEVELOPMENT DURING THE

NEXT COUPLE OF DAYS.

Posted
A BROAD AREA OF LOW PRESSURE HAS FORMED ABOUT 500 MILES SOUTH OF

BERMUDA...AND A FEW HUNDRED MILES SOUTHWEST OF TROPICAL STORM

PHILIPPE. THUNDERSTORM ACTIVITY IS SOMEWHAT LIMITED...BUT THIS

SYSTEM HAS THE POTENTIAL FOR SOME GRADUAL DEVELOPMENT DURING THE

NEXT COUPLE OF DAYS.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

look at the line of cloud between rita and phil

i'm going to place my predicted landfall of rita just east of houston. could be recorded as a hit on houston.

There are several areas that could develop once these two have moved on.

There is some interaction, not enoght to break them apart but phil is definately pulling expelled cloud, in that northern area between the two in particular.

Anyway, it's going to be a very interesting season. 2 category 5's in a month of each other, both US land falling, fascinating.

What were the odds of that? What are the odds of a third.

Edited by matmilne

Posted

The latest news from the NHC is not good for the northeast Texas coast and southwest Louisiana. The NHC is forecasting Rita to make landfall very near Beaumont, TX. This will place areas like Lake Charles, Cameron and Port Arthur within the right-front quadrant. This means maximum hurricane conditions are certainly possible- with winds as high as 135 mph sustained. The storm surge could be enormous once again and the rainfall is something that could be epic in scale. I am currently in Beaumont and will stay here for the duration. Just to let you know, the ride up here from the Freeport/Lake Jackson area was eerie. No traffic to speak of- only hundreds of abandoned autos on the side of the road. There are no people anywhere for the most part and the region is a ghost town. There has been no rain as of yet but that is coming. The temperature is still in the mid-80s after another very hot day today. Tomorrow, things will go downhill and then Saturday morning, hell will be unleashed on this portion of the U.S. coastline. I will do my best to remain safe and still report the best that I can to this site and HurricaneLiveNet.com. I will have more video clips tomorrow and will begin frquent updates as well. My next one will be at around Noon tomorrow- not much will happen between now and then.

http://www.hurricanetrack.com/

Posted

Christ Mondy, you had me a bit confused there for a minute................

I thought you were there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by torzcooper