Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wintry/snow reports

Matt B

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

heavy snow following heavy rain, I imagine itd turn back to rain of the showers went lighter

Posted

Hi Delta76. I was high up on the east side of Rotherham at 18:30 too. There may have been snowflakes but this has essentially been a seriously heavy sleet shower. A little bit started forming on the car, but it was always extremely wet at best. Hopefully better to come later in the week. Still, I enjoyed the sleet as it is still the best we have had so far this winter.

Posted

Currently having a hail shower here - was sleeting lightly about an hour ago. The hail comes with a dewpoint increase from 0 to 1.1 degC. Temp about 2 degC.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

I dont live in Woodford South of Manchester but the Met office says the latest observation there is Heavy Snow!

This is Currently Pushing slowly South heading for the Midlands Next! :yahoo:

Met office Radar

Edited by Blizzards

Posted
I dont live in Woodford South of Manchester but the Met office says the latest observation there is Heavy Snow!

This is Currently Pushing slowly South heading for the Midlands Next! :yahoo:

hope so clear skies at the mo

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms
Please only report for your own location :)

Oooopppsss Sorry about that! ;):yahoo:

Posted

Heavy wet snow been falling for a couple of hours now, slushy on the lane but sticking to grass. About 0.5cm on the grass and cars. Just need the temperature to drop a little more, currently 0.7C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

'wintry mix' here & now (at sea level), ie sleet and melting hail. but not snow, as the precipitype radar shows.

Edited by Hairy Celt

Posted
Currently having a hail shower here - was sleeting lightly about an hour ago. The hail comes with a dewpoint increase from 0 to 1.1 degC. Temp about 2 degC.

Yeah we had that hail shower although I'm a bit dissapointed we're not getting some proper snow now considering we had some wet snow at 11.30 this morning when the cold air was only just beginning to dig in.

Posted

Here are some pics from the snake pass earlier between Sheffield and Manchester. This was taken around 2pm before this afternoons 3 hours of snow up there. The road is currently closed where these were taken.

post-1042-1169415704_thumb.jpg

post-1042-1169415714_thumb.jpg

post-1042-1169415722_thumb.jpg

post-1042-1169415729_thumb.jpg

Edited by stumathers

Posted

Sleet earlier, now back to rain, and everything is passing through. Snow at all levels in Sheffield, why is life so unfair..? :lol:

Posted

Well just home from work and after my earlier rant about it just sleeting, Its been snowing pretty much

all afternnon whilst I was at work! Now have a nice covering, a few cms & its very foggy now. temp -

0.5oC. tried to take pics, but hard in the fog! :lol:

post-3616-1169418114_thumb.jpg

Posted

Well i thought we'd never get it but its arrived, a couple of cm's here with a temp of 0.5, have had a few flashes of lightning with it, not terribly close but pretty good...seemed green in colour which is a first for me, other than that it looks like its gonna keep on coming....

Posted

A very light flurry of snow here now. Must be one of the dots on the radar before the main band. Temperature has dropped to 1c as well :lol:

Posted

Snow in Dawley, Telford, last night between about 11pm and 1am. Big flakes, that gave a thin covering everywhere except the road.

Posted

A covering of snow last night, looked pretty for awhile, but mostly melted away this morning. Not a severe enough frost to keep it there.