Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

18z model discussion - models pah, just use the 5 min radar!

Paul

Posted
Posted

I think the closer we get the bbc should be the best source to find out whats happening as im sure with the more information and with it being so close to the event there experience along with the info they have available to them the weather forecasts should start to change from a chance of snow but were unsure where, and start to give details of what will actually happen.

Might take u up on satalite watching tho teits just incase there uncertainty continues :D

Posted
Sorry wrong chart

But UKMO have it 2-300 miles further south Brian. Who would you trust at this stage?? Fax charts in a wee while are going to be very interesting indeed.

Posted
The only major model that wasnt slated this evening at NOAA was the ukmo, the gfs 12hrs operational run was so badly slated it was almost embarrassing, its throwing too much energy into the atlantic causing events upstream to be thrown further north and east, it also has apparently called the east pacific wrong basically its all at sea and anyone hoping for it to be more accurate upto 72hrs than the ukmo needs a reality check!

The ukmo has been the most consistent over the last few days and with the human input we get in the fax charts I would advise everyone to stick to this for the timebeing and then that way this model watching wont turn into a complete car crash of emotions, best wait for the gfs to settle down and get the upstream pattern correct before placing too much faith in it, sometimes models go through good and bad patches its just having a bit of a wobble a the moment just as some of the other models do from time to time.

Roll on the fax charts later on then.

Posted
I tell you what forget radar watching we are going to end up satellite watching to see the tracks of the LP's :D

Which isn't actually a bad idea....

Posted

BBC Weather. Possible snow for NW, NE & Scotland & N. Ireland tonight. With lots & lots of snow from Midlands Northward on wed night. I will tell you what, since about the 25th of this month, the models have predicted this. They need a badge for doing that! So far out into FI and they get it right...

Posted
Roll on the fax charts later on then.

I'm quite happy to go along with the ukmo even if it sticks rain in my region as I just feel its less prone currently to these mood swings of the gfs. The problem is that with 4 gfs runs per day and 4 different projections of who could get snow I'm surprised we havent had to set up an emergency gfs fall out helpline! :D

Posted
I'm quite happy to go along with the ukmo even if it sticks rain in my region as I just feel its less prone currently to these mood swings of the gfs. The problem is that with 4 gfs runs per day and 4 different projections of who could get snow I'm surprised we havent had to set up an emergency gfs fall out helpline! :D
:)

I know what you mean Nick,

Ive got serious brain ache from all this.

It is making me a nervous wreck. :)

Posted

I'm not exactly happy with the charts. Wintry showers are not progged to come significantly inland into north-east England; and Thursday's event (although still highly uncertain) progs the main mass of precip to skirt to the west of Tyne&Wear\Durham...leaving us with the mere scraps.

I just want a decent north-easterly. This is an over-rated over-ramped 'event' (that is still on a knife-edge).

Posted
:lol:

I know what you mean Nick,

Ive got serious brain ache from all this.

It is making me a nervous wreck. :whistling:

My advice Brian is enjoy the ride and just take what comes.

The problem that many members including myself have is we always expect downgrades when in fact what we have seen over these past few days is upgrades. Now the models have upgraded we expect them to downgrade :lol:

The snow for me is a bonus but the hightlight is following the models in situations like this and let's face it they don't happen very often. Even when the models do finally agree nowcasting is going to be a valuable tool i.e radar, Sat, temp/DP reports and this is why I hope the other models fall inline with the UKMO because Wed night is going to great to follow and I may even stay up all night!!.