Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Cold Spell General Discussion

shuggee

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dangerous
:) why??

The usual downgrade in the finer details that tips the balance the wrong side of marginal in these situations, happened every single time in recent years here. The more optimistic amongst us will say that this is an erratic an over-progressive run, but the odds are firmly with continuing downgrades. Sorry for being so negative, the catalogue of let-downs has turned me into a cynic.

Posted

It would be pretty hilarious if it did miss me....considering its right in my path.

EDIT - Oh crap....its dissipating over the Tyne.

Edited by PersianPaladin

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Extreme!

Also snowing in Newcastle, you can see it on the second cam here:

http://www.tynebridgewebcam.co.uk/webcams.htm

EDIT: Light snow here :rolleyes:

Edited by multi cellular thunderstorm

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes
Watch....as my locale splits the shower in-half: -

I fell sorry for you in your dome. Its getting heavier here with massive flakes. Around 2cm I would say. Temp at -1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms
The usual downgrade in the finer details that tips the balance the wrong side of marginal in these situations, happened every single time in recent years here. The more optimistic amongst us will say that this is an erratic an over-progressive run, but the odds are firmly with continuing downgrades. Sorry for being so negative, the catalogue of let-downs has turned me into a cynic.

I think you may be being a bit too negative here, the models I have seen point to snow for us midlanders on Thursday with maybe more on Saturday, very exciting times in my book. Also the BBC are talking about the possibility of several cm's and a few inches for the Midlands for Thursday aswell, so i'm not sure why you are calling it the wrong side of marginal.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Extreme!
This is now beyond a joke, and its really p*ssing me off: -

post-3900-1170806573_thumb.png

:rolleyes:

Sorry but its amazing how it's splitting in two and missing you.

You'll get some very soon though i'm sure and theres more in the North Sea.

Good luck.

Posted

You are joking? Big flakes here now for the last 10mins. This is getting peristant aswell.

Starting to ease off and visability is getting clearer but hey i'm satisfied.

Edited by Geordiesnow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dangerous
I think you may be being a bit too negative here, the models I have seen point to snow for us midlanders on Thursday with maybe more on Saturday, very exciting times in my book. Also the BBC are talking about the possibility of several cm's and a few inches for the Midlands for Thursday aswell, so i'm not sure why you are calling it the wrong side of marginal.

You are probably right at this moment in time. I will try and have a more positive outlook on this event come the morning.

Posted
:rolleyes:

Sorry but its amazing how it's splitting in two and missing you.

You'll get some very soon though i'm sure and theres more in the North Sea.

Good luck.

It's not amazing....its bloody typical.

Posted

Behold, the power of the dome is strong. :rolleyes: Grand Admiral Thrawn would have loved to have had shields like that on the Chimera.

---

Even London city is icy tonight, a rare thing indeed in this new sub-tropical climate. Maybe we'll have the snow later this week, but no matter....it'll be another mild month.

Calrissian: Shields UP

Posted

You have to laugh don't you? :rolleyes:

Its clear sky here, and there'll be nothing left as it reaches here. So don't despair PP, its not just you!

Posted

I hope none of you are too disappointed if it doesn't come off. I've missed every even remotely significant snowfall since 1994 or 1995 I think, and to see one would make my decade, truly. So hopefully there will still be a vain chance going into tomorrow night/Thu morning and, if there is, I will be pulling my first all-nighter since having to sleep with goats in an insecure shed during a gale 3-4 years ago.

It may snow, it may rain, wherever we live. If I saw am overnight snowfall that melted at 6am then that would be more than good enough for me. I'll be out and in posting to the forums, hopefully taking video and stills if we get lucky, and the reports here are going to be fascinating reading as it plays out.

And whatever happens, let's keep our sense of humour and perspective along with our cameras and keyboards, eh? :rolleyes:

PS - I have no idea what that emoticon means, but it fits the sentiment.

Posted

I think the fact is, that there aint enough of an easterly component in the wind for my location. I do much better from direct north-easterlies or ENE's. NNE winds don't do much for me at all.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Persian and Paul Tall I think the reason snow always evades you and splits in two when it comes over you is because you are so negative and it doesen't like you and it evades you ;)

Try for tonight and be positive and dont doubt it... and see if it actually comes to you and if it does then it shows you where you have been going wrong all this time ;)

remember guys... PMA

Positive Mental Attitude :rolleyes:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes
I think the fact is, that there aint enough of an easterly component in the wind for my location. I do much better from direct north-easterlies or ENE's. NNE winds don't do much for me at all.

You are right, but the wind is turning a little more in that direction. There is a second crop of showers heading in ETA 2.00am. You will get something from these.

Edited by Freezing-Point

Posted

you no the 5min radar shouldnt it be on 12.10 now mine is only at 12..00