Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Cold Spell General Discussion

shuggee

Posted

just watched bbc forcast and there pretty confident about the snow north of the m4 and he slipd the word in maby several cm or several inches:P and could somebody please tell me how long its suposd to hang around the midlands for

Posted
that guy from suffolk is lying ive seen that picture before either on metcheck or the bbc anyone can do that but your the one missing out without any snow no point lying.

Im not sure which pic you are referring to because I haven't seen it.

I will say though I can confirm some areas had snowfall this morning in Suffolk around 2inches as an area of showers passed through. This was shown on Look East and some of the pics were stunning.

Posted
Good chances of a covering here tomorrow morning anyway; it would take quite something to keep dodging all of the showers for the next 7 hours, given that some of them are coming inland.

Not sure how far inland they'll get; I'll probably see when I wake up in the morning!

I bet you be looking out of the window from time to time lol.

From where i'm looking at there are them kind of snow clouds to the East of me heading a ssw direction, Some are that really high level cloud and them fluffy type of clouds. Sorry i do need to learn me clouds i know, but in all seriousness you got a good chance of a covering.

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)

Looking at 2200 UK plot quite a few -5Cs around central and Northern areas:

post-1052-1170803129_thumb.png

Down to -2.8C here - coldest it's been for while this early in the night.

Posted
just watched bbc forcast and there pretty confident about the snow north of the m4 and he slipd the word in maby several cm or several inches:P and could somebody please tell me how long its suposd to hang around the midlands for

Thursday/Friday, maybe Saturday too according to Rob Mc Elwee......

Regards,

Mike

Posted
I think the band of showers in the north sea is slowly intensifying.....

Just seen the radar it's certainly looking good for the NE and im delighted for you mate.

Posted
I think the band of showers in the north sea is slowly intensifying.....

Don't jynx it PP :lol:

Lets hope so and head a bit futher inland. At least you got NW X so you know weather its intensifying or not.

Posted
Don't jynx it PP :lol:

Lets hope so and head a bit futher inland. At least you got NW X so you know weather its intensifying or not.

I think Ian will see some snow tonight...but I think I'm just a tad too far west.

Oh....and I've got a snow-shielding dome recently put up...lol.

(Here's hoping it collapses....)

Edited by PersianPaladin

Posted

Well I've had 3 heavy snow showers pass through in the last hour I'm delighted to say.

The only thing is, they were showers on the radar, yet I haven't seen a cloud in the sky never mind a bloody snowflake.

So, no snow to ghost snow.

This is now way beyond a joke.

Is it snowing ANYWHERE in the north east?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Squall Lines, Storm Force Winds & Extreme Weather!
that guy from suffolk is lying ive seen that picture before either on metcheck or the bbc anyone can do that but your the one missing out without any snow no point lying.

No, he isn't lying I'm affraid to say. I was working in Clopton (7 miles NNE of Ipswich), snowing heavily, 1 1/2 inches on ground. When I left work 3pm ish, hit the A12, very little snow in Ipswich, nothing in Colchester. Very localised event.

Mammatus

Posted
I think Ian will see some snow tonight...but I think I'm just a tad too far west.

Oh....and I've got a snow-shielding dome recently put up...lol.

(Here's hoping it collapses....)

Well who knows, then again you like staying up till 4/5AM so you may see something. I just hope it won't be the case that i see a line of showers just to the east of me because then that be a big kick in the teeth.

Posted
Well who knows, then again you like staying up till 4/5AM so you may see something. I just hope it won't be the case that i see a line of showers just to the east of me because then that be a big kick in the teeth.

There should be a shower just to your north-east.....please say that you can see some cloud; otherwise the radar is fooked.

Posted

2300 plot shows a -6C over South central England, OXON area -perhaps RAF Benson which is a usual cold spot:

post-1052-1170803956_thumb.png

Posted
Well I've had 3 heavy snow showers pass through in the last hour I'm delighted to say.

The only thing is, they were showers on the radar, yet I haven't seen a cloud in the sky never mind a bloody snowflake.

So, no snow to ghost snow.

This is now way beyond a joke.

Is it snowing ANYWHERE in the north east?

Its quite odd that i must say, I can see the clouds but i don't know if PPN is falling or not. Normally rader's are very good picking up PPN so i have no clue whats going on. Theory says that with snow its might show the PPN in 1 place but the snow flakes are actully landing in another place - i'm sure someone on here posted that.

Posted

Can you see any cloud PP? Shouldn't be too far north of you either......and lets not forget that the latest image is from 15 minutes ago too!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Extreme!
There should be a shower just to your north-east.....please say that you can see some cloud; otherwise the radar is fooked.

Think it's snowing in Jarrow I could see a few flakes.

http://www.newcastle.gov.uk/tunnel/cam3.htm

Keep refreshing.

Edited by multi cellular thunderstorm

Posted

Theres snow cloud to my East. To my NE theres cloud but its certainly does not look like a snow cloud!. Answers on a postcard please.

Posted
Can you see any cloud PP? Shouldn't be too far north of you either......and lets not forget that the latest image is from 15 minutes ago too!

Yes...I can see the cloud.

Knowing my luck, it'll dissipate before it gets to me.

Posted

I thought I would share this wonderful Sat pic because it really shows the snow showers very well to the NE.

post-1766-1170804277_thumb.jpg