Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Cold Spell General Discussion

shuggee

Posted

Nice picture... I didn't think Suffolk had got that much either. Mind you showers, can always dump loads in one area, and only send down a few flakes 10 miles down the road. Thursday's event should be more widespread, for larger area's.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, very cold (inc. anticyclonic) weather
Nice picture... I didn't think Suffolk had got that much either. Mind you showers, can always dump loads in one area, and only send down a few flakes 10 miles down the road. Thursday's event should be more widespread, for larger area's.

Precisely, it was a small shower moving very slowly, only 4 miles up the roads it is practically dry, the official depth was 5.5cm when i measured it just after the shower passed ;)

Posted

what happend to the radar its nearly all gone what was coming over me :unknw:

just vanished booohoooo lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

The suspense is very strong- there's a beefy snow shower just to the north of me according to the radar, but I can't see anything to the north but clear sky.

Posted

If anyone could draw me a map of what they think may take place Saturday 10th it would be appreciated.

I know that is the day I made my prediction for but it would be interesting to see some kind of map for possible outcomes or maybe leave it a couple more days for further upgrades? ;):unknw::unknw:;)

*Passes cookies and hot chocolate around*

Robert

Posted
The suspense is very strong- there's a beefy snow shower just to the north of me according to the radar, but I can't see anything to the north but clear sky.

I was wondering the same thing,as i have a north facing window and can normally see the showers coming in,but as you say nothing but clear skies.

Posted
I was wondering the same thing,as i have a north facing window and can normally see the showers coming in,but as you say nothing but clear skies.

:unknw:

Tonight and Wednesday was our only real hope too.

Edited by PersianPaladin

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms

Well its aproaching last nights minimum of -7.6°C, and is -6.4°C currently. :unknw::unknw:;);)

Edited by James M

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.
Well its aproaching last nights minimum of -7.6°C, and is -6.4°C currently. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Aye colder than last night here, at -5C currently. :cold:

Posted

Does seem a bit cloudier to the far NNE. We'll wait and see and i guess we'll keep you posted. At the moment a few clouds floating around.

Cloud to the east to me now. Looking good for Cleadon. Its seems to me i'm a bit too far inland but i'm not too sure yet.

Edited by Geordiesnow

Posted
It is now snowing heavily only a few miles east of me in Seaham.

Gits.

I can assure you it is most definately not snowing heavily in seaham lol, not last time i checked the window anyway

Posted
I can assure you it is most definately not snowing heavily in seaham lol, not last time i checked the window anyway

Wtf.....so the radar was totally wrong then??

:lol:

Posted

absolutely, it's just frosty atm

Edit: just checked the radar, it must be pointed at a different country lol, because i should be burried in snow if that was correct

Edited by garylaverick

Posted

that guy from suffolk is lying ive seen that picture before either on metcheck or the bbc anyone can do that but your the one missing out without any snow no point lying.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

I can see the showers now; the precip to the NNE of me is fizzling out before it gets here, leaving showers just to the west and just to the east (some beefy ones clipping the coast). The law as according to Sod springs to mind.

Goodnight all.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Extreme!

Looking good for a covering for us in the NE according to the Met Office:

Wintry showers will continue to feed off the North Sea overnight, giving a covering of snow in many parts by morning, as much as 5cm to 10cm possible over higher parts. Widespread locally sharp frost away from immediate coast. Minimum temperature -5 °C.

Looks like there could be another band of showers coming in behind this first lot :lol:

Posted
Looking good for a covering for us in the NE according to the Met Office:

Looks like there could be another band of showers coming in behind this first lot :lol:

5-10cm???

I'll believe that when I see it.

Give me 10cm+ and I'll be happy.

Posted

Good chances of a covering here tomorrow morning anyway; it would take quite something to keep dodging all of the showers for the next 7 hours, given that some of them are coming inland.

Not sure how far inland they'll get; I'll probably see when I wake up in the morning!